1 2 3
ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/1/14 10:24 a.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/01/jeremy-clarkson-n-word-top-gear-video/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/1/14 10:25 a.m.

James May says it all in a tweet James May ✔ @MrJamesMay Follow Jeremy Clarkson is not a racist. He is a monumental bellend and many other things, but not a racist. I wouldn't work with one. #ThatIsAll

Fobroader
Fobroader New Reader
5/1/14 10:28 a.m.

He says tigger.....not the other word. Man, you gotta love any news establishment that makes up news.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
5/1/14 10:31 a.m.

Clarkson bigoted? Have you heard what he says about the French, or the Americans? I am pretty sure that is one of the reasons he gets paid what he does. It's one of his "things", it's his act.

Pretty weak charge BTW.... Donald Sterling he's not...

If you try hard enough, I am sure you could charge almost anyone in a similar way.

06HHR
06HHR Reader
5/1/14 10:32 a.m.

Just Clarkson being Clarkson, nothing to see here... I've never met the man but I do believe May's description is quite correct.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/1/14 10:41 a.m.

It's just a logical progression... you can't just not say the actual word but anything that sounds similar. Winne the Pooh had to resign in shame over a similar scandal and now the entire country of Niger has to be renamed.

I am personally breaking new ground and going after non-"igger" sounding things. I'm heading up the coalition to make the manufacturers of Spic and Span pay dearly. On behalf of Spans everywhere. It's time they had their due.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
5/1/14 10:44 a.m.

People certainly aren't being niggardly with their butthurt over words that may or may not be PC, are they?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Dork
5/1/14 10:45 a.m.

Please tell me that nobody who's actually heard the video takes this seriously? And I'm including the Mirror, they are just trying to sell papers by drumming up controversy where none exists.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
5/1/14 10:47 a.m.

The Spans have gotten what they deserve.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
5/1/14 11:00 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: People certainly aren't being niggardly with their butthurt over words that may or may not be PC, are they?

I need to write a letter...

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/1/14 11:02 a.m.
aircooled wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: People certainly aren't being niggardly with their butthurt over words that may or may not be PC, are they?
I need to write a letter...

LMAO

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
5/1/14 11:09 a.m.

News outlets are notorious for jumping on the bandwagon on whatever else happens to be in the news at the time. Even if it means stretching it a bit or twisting around to make it what they want it to be.

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
5/1/14 11:14 a.m.

I love me some chocolate nips, oh wait there is candy too?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/1/14 11:15 a.m.
fidelity101 wrote: I love me some chocolate nips, oh wait there is candy too?

Apt then, that it is hard candy, no?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/1/14 11:27 a.m.

You can't really hear what he's saying...he's never done anything to suggest he's a racist...guess it's a slow news week in the UK.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer Dork
5/1/14 11:32 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

Only when served cold.

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
5/1/14 11:37 a.m.

'some people' need to grow a sense of humor....

Not to many things I hate more that supposed big tuff macho (mostly black) guys getting the panties in a wad over stuff like this... IMO it has become an epidemic. Why people run around looking for reasons to be viewed as a victim instead of doing anything else... I will never know.

Get over it.. Or keep telling Pollock jokes.. whatever..

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
5/1/14 11:42 a.m.

On the other hand though... Would anyone be surprised to find out this stunt, and the preceding 'coverage' was Clarkson's own doing?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
5/1/14 11:44 a.m.

Do you guys know what the Mirror is? It's the lowest of the low tabloid gutter press. Most people wouldn't wipe their ass with it as it would leave more E36 M3 that it removed. Being published in the mirror almost proves it's fake.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
5/1/14 11:49 a.m.

It SAYS is REAL NEWS and REAL ENTERTAINMENT!!!

Apparently he has a mistress!!!!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad New Reader
5/1/14 12:07 p.m.

I had never heard that nursery rhyme using the N word but I just asked someone older than myself to complete "eeny meeny......." And he used it!! I had no idea but the video is clearly just a mumble that I think someone with a preconceived idea of what is going to be said is going to hear what they expect.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
5/1/14 12:39 p.m.

There goes Jeremy's NBA career.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
5/1/14 12:51 p.m.
ronholm wrote: Get over it.. Or keep telling Pollock jokes.. whatever..

Mmmmm Pollock

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
5/1/14 12:55 p.m.

I love how a country that is perfectly comfortable with royalty and the caste system is offended by racism...

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/1/14 12:56 p.m.

why do I care?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
83cGrCLYsuN6UaBrGmWL0a7xiQAl9yf1OpqYgjBFGxhfLOWLM6CUQ8hETzG7yJQD