1 2 3 4
ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
5/2/14 9:09 a.m.
kanaric wrote: Sure it's "joking" but at that rate I can just call someone a n word or say a car built by black people must mean it drives like it's lazy and on welfare and say it's a joke. There is no context there other than being racist for laughs.

Are you saying you couldn't walk down to the Walmart parking lot, and with some degree of accuracy,(of course you wouldn't be 100% accurate,) be able to pick out the cars driven by Black guys?

Seriously? Lighten up... Picking on Hammond over his teeth? You don't think that joke... well... plays to a certain shortcoming of the Queens subjects? Intentionally?

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
5/2/14 9:21 a.m.

And the Mexican car thing?

Is it possible to poke fun at a Culture which identifies itself largely by the color of its own skin, without thinking it is the color of their skin which causes the problems?

Because good grief... Making a racist comment about Asians.. Sorry but that doesn't trip my sensitivity meter even when it is racist. How many Black, Brown, or White dudes do you see running around in Japan calling themselves Japanese? About the only other set of people more preoccupied with race'purity' than most(many) Asian cultures was the Native American tribes...

I don't have a lot of tolerance for actual racism, but those people can defend themselves if they want to act like that!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/2/14 9:39 a.m.

1) Mexico is a country not a race
2) Jewish is a religion not a race
3) Black is an observable physical trait not a race
4) The word is really bigotry
4) A lot of jokes are funnier because of bigotry

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
5/2/14 10:35 a.m.

I love how uttering a racist word brings worldwide media scrutiny and calls for termination, fines, and lifetime bans...but the day to day racist practices of so many employers go on for years without a mention. Kareem said it best:

Time Op Ed

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/2/14 10:38 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: 1) Mexico is a country not a race 2) Jewish is a religion not a race 3) Black is an observable physical trait not a race 4) The word is really bigotry 4) A lot of jokes are funnier because of bigotry

bravo

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/2/14 12:01 p.m.

Well here's a surprise, Clarkson admits that he said it:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/02/world/europe/uk-jeremy-clarkson-racism-row/

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer Dork
5/2/14 12:05 p.m.

They're stretching. If you watch the video, he knew to avoid it, and mumbled something, but when he heard it on tape, he said it sounded too close and wanted another take. Whatever he did say, I think teacher, just sounded too close on the audio.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
5/2/14 2:40 p.m.

I want so bad to put a link to the Chapelle Show skit about the white family with the n word sounding name..

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
5/2/14 3:53 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: I want so bad to put a link to the Chapelle Show skit about the white family with the n word sounding name..

I think the skit with the blind black KKK member would be appropriate also:

In the past few weeks, Clayton Bigsby has finally accepted that he is a black man. And just three days ago, he filed for divorce from his wife. When asked why, after nineteen years of marriage, he replied, "Because she's a n*&r lover."

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/2/14 4:56 p.m.
aircooled wrote:
novaderrik wrote: I want so bad to put a link to the Chapelle Show skit about the white family with the n word sounding name..
I think the skit with the blind black KKK member would be appropriate also: In the past few weeks, Clayton Bigsby has finally accepted that he is a black man. And just three days ago, he filed for divorce from his wife. When asked why, after nineteen years of marriage, he replied, "Because she's a n*&r lover."

I love Clayton Bigsby, He's awesome

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
5/2/14 5:26 p.m.

You're not alone, in thinking about linking that skit.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
5/3/14 8:01 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

That apology did not sound terribly sincere. Maybe British accents generally sound somewhat sarcastic but I think he may not be taking this very seriously.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/3/14 11:13 a.m.

Sounds like Clarkson's serious voice to me...

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
5/3/14 8:39 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: People certainly aren't being niggardly with their butthurt over words that may or may not be PC, are they?

This is what happens when you start digging through those niggling details.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
5/3/14 11:17 p.m.

Back in the 70's my dad had a black cat. The cats name started with n and ended with r. He would stand on the front porch and yell for the cat.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/3/14 11:21 p.m.
rebelgtp wrote: Back in the 70's my dad had a black cat. The cats name started with n and ended with r. He would stand on the front porch and yell for the cat.

That story is more disturbing than a self-respecting man having a cat in the first place. I wouldn't repeat it if I were you.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
5/3/14 11:29 p.m.

He named his cat "Nagger"?

curtis73
curtis73 UberDork
5/3/14 11:50 p.m.

First point I'll make: Jeremy Clarkson is not really a journalist, he's a stand-up comedian.

Second point I'll make: Who gives a flying f**k what his personal beliefs are, we aren't watching him because of his views on race, we are watching him because he is funny and drives cool cars.

I don't give a crap if he beats lizards with a shoe when he's off camera.

This is like Chik-fil-a weighing in on gay marriage. Who gives a E36 M3? You make chicken. You are a corporation. You are not an individual with political views. Shut up and fry nitrite-infused flesh.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
5/4/14 12:43 a.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

Reminds me of the time I had to explain to my (then 13 year old) sister why she couldn't name her all black cat "Spook".

Travis_K
Travis_K UltraDork
5/4/14 2:17 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Well here's a surprise, Clarkson admits that he said it: http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/02/world/europe/uk-jeremy-clarkson-racism-row/

Well, it will be interesting to see who replaces him.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
5/4/14 5:26 a.m.

Me watching the video: "ok, it'll be the NEXT one, nope, ok the NEXT one... Nope. The next one? Wait it's over? I missed it again?"

I love how words, WORDS can hurt people. Look back in time and then look to the future. If "we humans" have become such Bob Costases thus far, hold on tight, the future is gonna SUCK!

Let me know when you get denied tangible stuff due to racism (it happens) then I'll care. Until then shut up and take your balls back.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
5/4/14 8:38 a.m.

In reply to Travis_K:

I think I'd have a good shot as long as my dwarf tossing video doesn't surface.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
5/4/14 9:03 a.m.

In reply to Wally:

Dwarfs you say? I once dated a dwarf. We split up cuz she was always sticking her nose in by business. That and she had a very short temper. I came home late one night and she's waiting up for me. I'm not even in the door and she says "I am not happy". So I said "you must be Grumpy then?" Oh boy that didn't come out right.

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
5/4/14 9:35 a.m.
ebonyandivory wrote: In reply to Wally: Dwarfs you say? I once dated a dwarf. We split up cuz she was always sticking her nose in by business. That and she had a very short temper. I came home late one night and she's waiting up for me. I'm not even in the door and she says "I am not happy". So I said "you must be Grumpy then?" Oh boy that didn't come out right.

Thats berkeleying spit take funny

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
5/4/14 11:15 a.m.
ryanty22 wrote:
ebonyandivory wrote: In reply to Wally: Dwarfs you say? I once dated a dwarf. We split up cuz she was always sticking her nose in by business. That and she had a very short temper. I came home late one night and she's waiting up for me. I'm not even in the door and she says "I am not happy". So I said "you must be Grumpy then?" Oh boy that didn't come out right.
Thats berkeleying spit take funny

Thank you. It's a shame though. I was nuts over her...

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WujMw3aDUDMoRTnXwaRwBI6Ym1HqfuIbEVTIzqgVZSbvw1ZjRhDn3QH5ugcyAVX4