1 2 3
_
_ Reader
11/5/18 2:59 p.m.

Those MIGHT be legit rocket bunny over fenders, or they might be stance bro eBay specials. Regardless, the camber and stretch are worrisome! Just came to vent. That’s all. I know it’s not for everyone, but also know the majority here share my mindset. 

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
11/5/18 3:06 p.m.

Nothing like stickers on the rear window exactly where your rear view mirror tends to be.

The camber, wheels and tires are hugely unsafe and they really need to be taken off the road.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/5/18 3:09 p.m.

I just don't understand how people that stupid amass such amounts of money.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/5/18 3:13 p.m.

Those things we're seeing that look like the outer faces of the wheel just can't be. I don't see how the tires could stay on. They must be some extension piece that just mimics the look of it, like my Phat Lips idea.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/5/18 3:15 p.m.

why rear so much wider than front?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/5/18 3:16 p.m.
RevRico said:

I just don't understand how people that stupid amass such amounts of money.

I know, right? Although those are probably not real TRA Kyoto/Rocket Bunny flares, and BMWs are some of the most commonly repo'd cars...

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
11/5/18 3:16 p.m.

I'm glad our roads around here generally inhibit this behavior. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/5/18 3:36 p.m.

I like the color...

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/5/18 3:37 p.m.
Stefan said:

Nothing like stickers on the rear window exactly where your rear view mirror tends to be.

The camber, wheels and tires are hugely unsafe and they really need to be taken off the road.

There's not much of a hardcore stance scene around here (at least that I know of), but I was nonetheless happy to see an RSX with massively stretched and cambered tires pulled over on my commute home last Friday (and he wasn't speeding). Not that I wish tickets on people with modded cars (since I mod my cars), but the amount of camber the guy was running was ridiculous. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/5/18 3:49 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Credit cars and financing. 

noddaz
noddaz SuperDork
11/5/18 3:51 p.m.

At least it isn't a VW...    (Have to remain positive somehow, right?)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/18 5:35 p.m.

Aqua cars with modifications limiting drivability and safety are nothing new.

Papabishop
Papabishop Reader
11/5/18 6:03 p.m.

Sorry had to

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
11/5/18 6:53 p.m.

Thats a lot of parking permits on the dashboard.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/5/18 6:59 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Aqua cars with modifications limiting drivability and safety are nothing new.

I think the Hirohata Mercury was safer than this car.  At least it didn't have the rims sticking out inches past the tire bead.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/18 7:20 p.m.

Maybe. But most sleds built by anyone not Sam Barris or Gene Winfield are usually sketchy as hell.

TopNoodles
TopNoodles New Reader
11/5/18 7:38 p.m.

I'd like to say I've seen the wheels fly off one of these but actually I never have. I have however witnessed a wheel fly off an old Buick Lesabre which was very unmodified.

Maybe it's a Midwest thing but after regularly dodging loaded pickups with an open gate and one bungee cord, stance doesn't phase me much.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/5/18 7:49 p.m.
TopNoodles said:

I'd like to say I've seen the wheels fly off one of these but actually I never have. I have however witnessed a wheel fly off an old Buick Lesabre which was very unmodified.

Maybe it's a Midwest thing but after regularly dodging loaded pickups with an open gate and one bungee cord, stance doesn't phase me much.

Was that Buick lesabre heading east on the Ohio turnpike in the early 90s by chance?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/5/18 7:55 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

There's a story here. Spill it.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/5/18 8:07 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Nothing super fun. Summer of 93 or 94, we lost a wheel on my mom's lesabre coming back from a family reunion in Ohio. I was half asleep in the back seat and just remember my dad motherberkeleying everybody and their brother after a loud bang, then some random people stopped and at least got him to a phone to call for help.

Oddly enough dad's work van, which we usually used for everything, had a bag phone in it at the time, but the parents decided the Buick was a better choice for the drive. 

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Dork
11/5/18 8:34 p.m.

A couple of years ago, there was an IROC-Z in the garage where I stored my Fairmont for the winter. It had a CAR PHONE. An actual cellular telephone permanently installed into the car. It was too bad that I didn't have a young person handy to show them the state-of-the-art in mobile communications in 1987. 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
11/5/18 8:52 p.m.

I can totally appreciate crazy mods. I’d have to know that the person wasn’t endangering anyone else but from a visual standpoint, anything but bozooku or whatever that crap is.

On a side note, one of my clients told me the first factory cell phone that was a genuine BMW option cost $3,000.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
11/5/18 9:02 p.m.

Am I the the only one left wondering why the car top carrier is on there?

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Dork
11/5/18 9:05 p.m.
paranoid_android said:

Am I the the only one left wondering why the car top carrier is on there?

He's going to H2O in Ocean City, MD. That's his money for fines. 

Driven5
Driven5 SuperDork
11/5/18 9:42 p.m.
noddaz said:

At least it isn't a VW...    (Have to remain positive somehow, right?)

Holy crap! I just had to go back an look again to realize that it's not. Apparently my brain saw a generically shaped mint colored sedan with a round emblem rolling 195's on 10" wide wheels with trashy looking flares... and automatically assumed it was a Jetta.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GnzvP2lTXa3XoPCZQserEPdrpY95U9ZJAdh8QZzpTXKyZqBcpVQGvgu1bLhsjm2v