4 5 6
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
2/18/11 8:05 p.m.

So FFR is using the K1 Attack as a styling idea?

neon4891 wrote: FFR sketches

No matter. Under 2k pounds and $9900.00 fora kit = Curmudgeon might try to build something else.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/18/11 8:34 p.m.

/contest

jg

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon SuperDork
2/18/11 11:41 p.m.

I'll see your Big Daddy Roth Rat and raise you the:

Monogram Cherry Bomb.

GlennS
GlennS Dork
2/19/11 3:59 a.m.

THis

or

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 HalfDork
2/20/11 6:05 p.m.

2 please. God I love 550's.

kreb
kreb Dork
2/21/11 9:47 a.m.

I think that they're looking for something contemporary, but I certainly share the sentiment RE: 550s. Now that Boxters are getting down in price, I'd love to see a 550 Kit massaged to accept the extra width of modern Porsche mechanicals. I suppose that a WRX version would be even better from an affordability standpoint.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
2/21/11 10:13 a.m.

The main issue I see with a 550 kit is the air flow required for a radiator. I've seen Subaru engines in those before and I don't recall how they deal with that.

That said, I agree it'll likely be a more modern looking car. That K1 Attack looks interesting.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
2/21/11 10:19 a.m.

Modern is OK, but curves>angles IMHO.

kreb
kreb Dork
2/21/11 10:44 a.m.

Interesting looking car - other than the bil ol' blind spots. What is it?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
2/21/11 10:47 a.m.

In reply to kreb:

VW Ecoracer concept, also mid-engined.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
2/21/11 10:54 a.m.

Lamborghini Miura gets my vote:

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
2/21/11 11:00 a.m.

Doesn't the FFR site say the body design is an open contest starting march?

peter
peter Reader
2/21/11 11:12 a.m.

I am totally surprised that it took this long for the Miura to show up.

And yes, y'all should be sharpening your pencils for the contest!

Twinspool
Twinspool
2/21/11 9:23 p.m.

Gahh no retro! Love the old cars for what they are but don't dig them up and molest their corpses.

Function is king, KING I say! Going fast is looking good. If the Aztek was fast I'd drive it proudly but it's slow and therefore still uglier than hemmorhoids on a warthog's balloon knot.

Mold the body parts in color so paint is optional. The spec racers will love that after fighting over an apex. Aero packages for people who want to get serious about tracking it. Leave enough room for a good oil cooler and let the turbo sing!

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
2/21/11 9:57 p.m.
Twinspool wrote: Function is king, KING I say! Going fast is looking good. If the Aztek was fast I'd drive it proudly but it's slow and therefore still uglier than hemmorhoids on a warthog's balloon knot.

I think there are limitations to this argument. The Gumpert is fast, but did they have to make it so hideous? To keep with this hypothetical ownership theme, I would sacrifice some speed for a Zonda anyday.

NOHOME
NOHOME Reader
2/22/11 7:06 a.m.

In order to hit the advertized $$$ target, this body is going to have to be basic. Wind up windows? Top? Interior?

I am guessing not so much unless they are optional after the 15k

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
2/22/11 7:18 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: In order to hit the advertized $$$ target, this body is going to have to be basic. Wind up windows? Top? Interior? I am guessing not so much unless they are optional after the 15k

It's going to hit the same pricepoint as the '33 Ford, so I'd expect it to be optioned out in a similar fashion.

https://factoryfiveparts.com/orderform/hotrod/stage2orderform.html

-Hardtop...$2500 -Nicer interior....$400-500

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
2/22/11 8:05 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: In order to hit the advertized $$$ target, this body is going to have to be basic. Wind up windows? Top? Interior? I am guessing not so much unless they are optional after the 15k

I have similar questions... considering their Cobra body is about as basic as you can get and sells for more, I'm not holding my breath.

kreb
kreb Dork
2/22/11 8:27 a.m.
Ian F wrote:
I have similar questions... considering their Cobra body is about as basic as you can get and sells for more, I'm not holding my breath.

True. Basic economics dictates a basic kit. However..... I don't see why it couldn't be modular. Get us poor kids in an entry level one. Get a bonus check at work? Hey FF, send me a top! Pass go, collect $2000 (adjusted for inflation) Hey FF, send me some windows! et cetera.

""""

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
2/22/11 9:24 a.m.

I would prefer to see a hardtop car from this (If I wanted no roof, I'd go Cobra or Locost), and I don't think the boxer-4 could ever be made to sound right for a Miura.

If they make the car in homage to anything, I know I would certainly prefer to see something more Stratos, and the Scooby engine is appropriate (and appropriate sounding) for a rally beast.

Plus, Wheeljack is my favorite transformer

dyintorace
dyintorace SuperDork
2/22/11 9:36 a.m.

I'd prefer a hardtop (coupe) model as well. Lots of ragtop options out there already (including from FFR).

sachilles
sachilles Dork
2/22/11 9:47 a.m.

I did not know that transformer existed....and I'm a stratos fan and was a fan of the you when I was a kid..

sachilles
sachilles Dork
2/22/11 9:48 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

I think at the very least they need roll cage structures above the head, to better hit their target audience. As I get the impression this is more of race application.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
2/22/11 10:24 a.m.
sachilles wrote: I did not know that transformer existed....and I'm a stratos fan and was a fan of the you when I was a kid..

Doesn't surprise me. He was totally underutilized in the series and utterly missing from the movie onward. His primary role (scientist) was replaced by Perceptor, who happens to be one of my least favorite TFs.

Justen
Justen New Reader
3/4/11 2:05 p.m.

Lancia looking would be awesome, but not a replica, i'm hoping it is an original design with lines similar to the new stratos with a removable hardtop or t-tops

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DEZ2e7YObaDjgIG8e69EA6kDpLmmmkq2DmSkm63fUyM5BqOommxbiSm9PfSM4rEM