1 2 3
friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
4/10/10 3:19 a.m.
rickybobby wrote: so....there are times when Porsche owners are happy?

Yeah. When they're behind the wheel. (insert wistful sigh here)

dean1484
dean1484 Dork
4/10/10 11:31 a.m.
gamby wrote: That 944 wagon is pretty awesome. Something about it just works for me. I also like how slammed it is.

I second that. Another car that should have been!!!!! I would so want that!!!!

IS that a kit that can still be had or was that a one off custom?

Matt B
Matt B Reader
4/10/10 12:56 p.m.
turboswede wrote: 924's and 944's are hatchback and they do have fold down rear seats..... Just sayin'

Right now, we're transporting our 90lb German shepherd daily in much the same way with our Integra hatchback (he goes to work with us) It actually works pretty well until you want to go on vacation. Forces the wife to pack light though.

924guy wrote: Who says its not a wagon? Photobucket this ones a 944, there also versions done based on 924's, 931's, and 928's by DP and a few others. the dp 911 shot is a bonus, too tired to crop...

It just looks wrong . . . in the right ways.

LopRacer
LopRacer New Reader
5/4/11 6:07 a.m.

Another Canoe it's my lucky day and I has handbags for me too.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
5/4/11 6:16 a.m.

I 2nd the CANOE

dean1484
dean1484 SuperDork
5/4/11 9:44 a.m.

What is going n lately. Ficken spammers are getting to be seriously annoying. I am hoping that GRM can see the IP and ban via IP and or IP ranges. (What i do on another board I admin at)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
5/5/11 8:36 p.m.

mother bleeping canoe

corsepervita
corsepervita New Reader
5/5/11 10:15 p.m.

I've got a 924, not a turbo, but a 924. It's a fun car, looking forward to finishing it. I've also owned a 944. For some reason, I like my 924 more, it's lighter, it is far easier to work on and parts aren't all that bad. The 944 maintenance seemed to never end and I got tired of always having it up on stands. When it ran, it ran like a champ, I took that car all the time every day to work in all weather conditions. Rain, snow, ice, dry, you name it and that car was FANTASTIC. I've read both sides where 944 owners claim they run like a top 24/7 though I haven't ever experienced that, and all the 944 owners I speak to and know are on the same maintenance boat I was now and then. At the same time I've read the same thing from 924 owners who say they're a PITA. Then again how many of us went out and bought a pristine 924/944 that needed absolutely NOTHING? You get a 20+ year old car, it'll need stuff, regardless if it's CIS or EFI.

The 924 on the other hand lacked the creature comforts the 944 had. But for fun factor I enjoyed the 924 the times I went out to enjoy it. I like nothing on cars though, I don't like ABS, I don't like power this, I don't like power that, I hate power steering. Maybe I'm "Weird" and hell, I even like the non-power assisted brakes on my 914.

I think when most people go after a car to modify they want a car with a good aftermarket, support in the aftermarket that parts are easily available for, so I can completely understand why the 944 would be "choice" for a track car or even a daily since CIS parts are getting more and more expensive, harder to find.

I'll always remain a 924 fanatic, but to each his own. I don't own a turbo, and I'm certainly not going to get riled up, I can understand any fan of a specific car getting upset, defensive or passionate about the car. I'm very passionate about my cars, I try not to be quick to correct people, but try to offer information for those that perhaps don't know a lot about it. The 924board crowd is pretty good about being informative and spent a ton of time with how to tutorials, information, statistics and everything you can think of on how to work on them and even upgrades and modifications. With parts availability very LOW and hard to find, the members who have came up with substitutions, alternatives and random places that have parts.

However, I realize my car will never be a "world beater". I KNOW my car isn't going to be the fastest out there, and I may not be the fastest driver out there (probably won't be). But I like my car, more than anything I have sentimental purposes behind it and it got me addicted to Porsches of all kinds. It was my "gateway drug" to Porsches, so to speak.

I actually sold my 944.. kept the 924.

To each his own flavor!

corsepervita
corsepervita New Reader
5/5/11 10:16 p.m.

and if i ever get another it'll be a 951... :P

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
5/5/11 10:27 p.m.

Make mine a 968 Turbo S clone...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.