beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
1/10/10 4:34 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
1/10/10 4:44 p.m.

There is one hidden underneth every early Chevy Cavalier

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy New Reader
1/10/10 5:10 p.m.

Last one I heard about was at the base of Mount Crumpet. The owner had a change of heart.

mw
mw Reader
1/10/10 5:42 p.m.

I've only ever seen one in ontario. It was about 4 years ago and it drove by an autox in woodstock. So I'd reccomend looking in woodstock...

mel_horn
mel_horn Dork
1/10/10 6:15 p.m.
beaterworld wrote: No "whys" are allowed in the "Temple of the Darkest Hour".

But perhaps you can volunteer to reveal your motivation after you find one?

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog HalfDork
1/10/10 7:00 p.m.

If he's anything like me he's thinking add Z24 parts to make a nice little sleeper. I gave up after 2 months of searching for one. Decent, cheap Cimarron=unicorn

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
1/10/10 7:39 p.m.
mel_horn wrote:
beaterworld wrote: No "whys" are allowed in the "Temple of the Darkest Hour".
But perhaps you can volunteer to reveal your motivation after you find one?

surely a challenge car in the making...

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
1/10/10 7:40 p.m.
beaterworld wrote: Where in Ontario, Canada can you find a Cadillac Cimarron. No "whys" are allowed in the "Temple of the Darkest Hour".

My suggestion that you find a cavalier of the same vintage and go to the junkyard and find a bunch of caddy badges and emblems and hot glue them to the car, after all, that is what GM did...

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
1/10/10 8:05 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote: If he's anything like me he's thinking add Z24 parts to make a nice little sleeper. I gave up after 2 months of searching for one. Decent, cheap Cimarron=unicorn

Do you know that Pontiac Sunbirds and Chevy Cavaliers were available with 2.8L and/or 3.1L V6 engines? I used to autox against a guy who had a Sunbird with a 3.1L and a factory 5 speed.

Or, fly to Phoenix and drive this one home:
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/1539411592.html
even after driving it home it will still have under 70k miles

Vigo
Vigo Reader
1/10/10 8:35 p.m.

I had an 87 that i regret letting go of. Ive since owned a lot of other things from that era, and looking back the Cimarron was actually pretty dang cool for the period.

Its an infamous pincushion for being the 'worst cadillac' (which i dont believe by a LONG SHOT) but i think its COOLEST cavalier ever made.

the 86-88 like the one i had had a cool front end. It could actually be very agressive looking with some lowering and blackout, i think. The interiors are really pretty dang cool. They had auto headlights and 5 band equalizers (NICE stereo for OEM 87) and all sorts of other stuff i dont remember. Ive since owned 3 chrysler new yorkers from that period and they dont have that level of content.

They came with the biggest j-body swaybars of the time, though the springs were likely softer than z24s springs.

You could get them with 5 speeds and 2.8L v6s. The 2.8 has the possibility of being swapped with several newer, better versions of gm 60* v6. Just a few days ago i was looking at a newer v6 z24 that had been swapped for a plain vanilla ~'00 3400 and rear-mount turbo and trapped 114 mph.

I dont think they are as fun to work on as k-cars, but if a clean cimarron came up again id trade more than one of my cars for it.

02Pilot
02Pilot Reader
1/10/10 9:16 p.m.

If anyone is seriously interested in a one-owner, low mileage Cimarron (I'd have to check the year and exact mileage), PM me. Car is in NY and needs some attention, largely from sitting for several years, but can be had for cheap.

beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
1/11/10 10:40 a.m.

Cadvalier not withstanding, where can I find a 70s corolla. I wanna give it bigger carbs, a mild cam, side-exit cherry bombs, oil cooler, ram-air system, falken rubber, black steelies, bore it out, lower it, strip it, cage it, and matte black it with electric-blue ghost fluid accents

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog HalfDork
1/11/10 12:22 p.m.
beaterworld wrote: Cadvalier not withstanding, where can I find a 70s corolla. I wanna give it bigger carbs, a mild cam, side-exit cherry bombs, oil cooler, ram-air system, falken rubber, black steelies, bore it out, lower it, strip it, cage it, and matte black it with electric-blue ghost fluid accents

How about an 80 Celica? http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=151063

Not mine but a cool ride.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bqfz6PI0p9VZJ23yn9TiBgxyN539sBHgVpEJ6YNj9ThuBkEdX8UKE0antsxHWEky