carguy123
carguy123 Dork
1/19/09 12:37 p.m.

The cat's out of the bag.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/19/top-gears-stig-revealed/

Do they now have to get another Stig?

Ohhh, Meeee! I got my hand up first. I want to be Rainbow Stig, but since that has such a negative context I think I'll be the Red Stig.

Isn't this beginning to sound like the Power Rangers? Wasn't it the Gold Power Ranger that had some bad press?

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
1/19/09 12:47 p.m.

Didn't most people already know that ... After Richard Hammond's accident, he was listed as "works with show as driver" in court documents or something exposing him as the stig?

Stig on Wiki

P71
P71 HalfDork
1/19/09 12:49 p.m.

Yeah, we've known Stiggy was Ben for awhile. The entry forms for their 24-hour race showed it as did Hamster's accident.

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
1/19/09 12:50 p.m.

He worked with them on the show as Ben, not as the Stig.

Notice on your wiki link it shows all the ways he publically worked on Top Gear and then a one liner says he was "outed" as the Stig, but he denied it.

ts350z
ts350z None
1/19/09 7:29 p.m.

i wonder what color the new stig will be

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 HalfDork
1/19/09 10:21 p.m.

They have already used a red-stig in an episode. He was The Stigs Russian Cousin.

stereoking15
stereoking15 New Reader
1/19/09 10:27 p.m.

well in the episode where they go by boat (clarkson), bike (hammond), vehicle (may), public transit (stig)they all were different people . plus many car companys field their own driver for the lap around the track, not exposing these factory drivers hence the stig wears a full driving suit and blacked out helmet

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/19/09 10:56 p.m.

That kind of bums me out.

I guess it's time for the next Stig. Blue might be sweet.

RedS13Coupe
RedS13Coupe New Reader
1/20/09 12:49 a.m.
gamby wrote: That kind of bums me out. I guess it's time for the next Stig. Blue might be sweet.

Meh, They could just as easily kill him off, then stuff the same guy in a different colored suit.

wherethefmi2000
wherethefmi2000 Reader
1/20/09 1:51 a.m.

See look at you guys, they got you right where they want you. He's not even humangawd....

dculberson
dculberson New Reader
1/20/09 10:57 a.m.

From Wikipedia:

"Collins had initially portrayed himself as a BBC marketing executive[10] and only confirmed a more detailed connection to the Top Gear character after the signing of confidentially agreements by the business owners."

Well, looks like somebody has broken a confidentiality agreement!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N1xjFV4Qi6sDehlEkrx49QzurZh2QSPowcLEpjIymHlBvZaQ4GgbmYrQUkXAZCco