1 2
pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
2/27/15 1:36 p.m.

With this image in my head, all I read above was "blah blah blah awesome car blah blah buy one blah blah"

evildky
evildky Dork
3/2/15 12:49 p.m.

...And it has 4 doors. Cars with 4 doors do very little for me, all I see is added space and weight. Great for taking your grandmother to bingo and dropping the kids at soccer practice.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
3/11/15 10:14 p.m.
evildky wrote: ...And it has 4 doors. Cars with 4 doors do very little for me, all I see is added space and weight. Great for taking your grandmother to bingo and dropping the kids at soccer practice.

Very, very quickly, I might add.

Well, time for me to see if the Theory works out in practice. Tomorrow I pick up a 2008 Evo X MR with the factory aero kit and DCT.

This one has only 39,500 miles on the clock, no evidence of being in an accident, and was always maintained at the dealership. The PO traded it towards a 2015 since this year's model is the last of the Evo breed. The Evo became a grail car of mine the minute I bought a VI Tommi Makinen Edition in Gran Turismo 2 in middle school. GT2 and the virtual Evo VI were what sparked my interest in sports cars in the first place. While I would have loved a IX, the X might be a little easier to live with on a day-to-day basis. Every IX I looked at (and there weren't many on sale, mind) had evidence of accident damage or being rode hard and put away wet.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Reader
3/12/15 12:07 a.m.

Congrats, very nice Evo! That car looks brand new. I don't think I've seen the aero kit before.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
3/12/15 12:30 a.m.

Thanks! There are a couple of minor blemishes, namely there is a crack in the front lip and some paint missing from the NACA duct on the hood. Mitsu used very thin paint. Made for a couple of good negotiating points, and nothing a little carbon fiber can't fix.

Easiest way to tell if the Evo X has a factory aero kit is if there is a front splitter present that is painted the same color as the car. The OEM aero kit consisted of the front splitter, side skirt extensions, and small rear bumper extensions. For comparison, here's the front of an Evo X without the aero kit. Note how without the splitter the grille opening looks black on the bottom.

evildky
evildky SuperDork
3/12/15 9:51 a.m.

Best of luck with it. If you keep it closer to stock I'm sure it's much more reliable than the highly modified car I have had to haul home on a trailer so many times. And to rehash the old debate, it's not a "sports car", too many doors, it's mitsubishi's hopped up version of a lancer.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
3/12/15 10:26 a.m.

Nice! I always wanted one, but was afraid of buying used, and couldn't justify the price of a new one.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M7SsfHWlIGc8FvEfr7Y9W3kZaVeL5MAUOM6aQ9IkEMauYxybxw3U8ZSDHmevykXN