dxman92
dxman92 Dork
3/27/21 12:33 p.m.

Just saw a VW ID4 go by. Sorry VW, they are ugly. You killed the Golf for these. Not cool. frown

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
3/27/21 2:35 p.m.

Saw a nice, 4 cylinder powered, Chevy Beretta in north Florida this morning.   I haven't seen a Beretta or Corsica in quite a while, and this one just looked like a decent, older, used car.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath SuperDork
3/27/21 7:53 p.m.

Ssangyong Kyron. 

Haven't seen one of these, uh, "uniquely styled," Chinese Mercs in a while.

Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/27/21 8:49 p.m.
DaewooOfDeath said:

Ssangyong Kyron. 

Haven't seen one of these, uh, "uniquely styled," Chinese Mercs in a while.

Complete with a Chevy Orlando hiding in the background as well.

outasite
outasite HalfDork
3/27/21 9:18 p.m.

Spring time in the Northland and the Unicorns are coming out of hibernation.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/27/21 10:04 p.m.

Saw a weird 4Runner today while at Lowes. It looked like this:

I'm pretty sure it was a USDM 4Runner and not a Hilux Surf as it was LHD but it had all of the badging and JDM stuff on it. It totally made me do a double take.

chief8one
chief8one Reader
3/27/21 11:09 p.m.
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:

Is this legit or some dealer bs package?

A new limited-edition 2018 Guy Harvey-branded Ford® F-150 has rolled out to dealerships across Florida through a partnership between Ford Motor Company, The Parts House, an Exclusive Ford Accessories Distributor in the lower Southeast, and Guy Harvey Enterprises. A portion of proceeds from sales of the limited-edition trucks benefit the marine conservation work of the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation.

These Limited Edition trucks feature Ford’s new Premium Hard Roll up Bed Cover with the Guy Harvey logo, Guy Harvey designed custom bed mat, polished stainless steel Guy Harvey Logo sill plates, unique Guy Harvey designed lower rocker graphics, custom embroidered floor mats, Guy Harvey Edition Badging with three exterior emblems on the front doors and rear tailgate, and one interior badge. Purchasers of 2018 Guy Harvey Special Edition Trucks may also request a limited production commemorative print, signed by Dr. Harvey, as a keepsake.

“We are thrilled that the Florida Ford dealers are joining us in our mission to inspire the world to be better stewards of ocean resources and help save the seas for future generations,” said Dr. Harvey. “What better way to head for the great outdoors than in a limited-edition Guy Harvey-branded Ford F-150?”

For more information about the Guy Harvey limited-edition Ford F-150 trucks, visit your local Florida Ford Dealer.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/28/21 5:30 p.m.

Saw a Skyline GST 25 4 door on the way home from Rallycross today.  Forgive the mud on the windshield, but this is the best I could do on I-35.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
3/29/21 7:04 a.m.

maybe not unicorns anymore?

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
3/29/21 1:44 p.m.

Was not able to get pictures, but within a mile of each other I spotted a mid '70's Pinto wagon with the fake wood sides, and an early '70's Econline van.  Both were in good shape it appeared, and both were moving under their own power. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/29/21 7:17 p.m.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/30/21 12:52 p.m.

Pao in stop and go rush hour traffic yesterday:

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
3/30/21 5:50 p.m.

One more for the Mopar brigade, at the grocery store this morning. I don't know if it was an Aspare of a Volspen, but I did know someone who bought one just like this new, and it said Aspen on one side and Volare on the other. He kept it that way, much to the dealer's chagrin.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/30/21 7:14 p.m.

Saw this at a shop yesterday. I had never seen one in person before but always thought they were a good looking car. They are even more stunning in person.

outasite
outasite HalfDork
3/30/21 8:56 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

When I was working flatrate at a Mopar dealer in Langhorne PA we would see that quite often on the inexpensive cars

FMB42
FMB42 Reader
3/31/21 6:07 a.m.

"it said Aspen on one side and Volare on the other"

Back in the mid '80s we had a customer who came in to show us her brand new Mini Blazer. Owner's son/lead mechanic pointed out that it had a 'Blazer' badge on one side and a 'Jimmy' badge on the other.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/31/21 9:47 a.m.
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) said:

Saw this at a shop yesterday. I had never seen one in person before but always thought they were a good looking car. They are even more stunning in person.

Back when BMW still made desirable cars.  Love them, but there''s a strange foreshortening effect in that photo that almost makes it look like a Z3 or Miata with a body kit on.

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
3/31/21 9:50 a.m.

It's too bad BMW let one catastrophic design mistake sneak into the Z8...  The gauge cluster is in the wrong spot.  To me, having the cluster in the center rather than in front of the driver ruins an otherwise great car. 

FMB42
FMB42 Reader
3/31/21 12:31 p.m.

Gauge cluster in the center? Not getting it. Might simplify the production of Left Hand and RH drive vehicles tho. Or maybe they're following Tesla's configuration.

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/31/21 5:30 p.m.

991 GT3 Cup @ Chipotle today

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/31/21 5:39 p.m.
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:

991 GT3 Cup @ Chipotle today

"The guac is an extra $1"

(Points to GT3 on trailer) "I don't mind."

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
3/31/21 10:31 p.m.

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

Still has the shipping tie down nuts on the hubs.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
4/1/21 7:33 a.m.

Saw a convertible Dodge Ramcharger and old school Mini when out for a walk this morning.

Orange Ramcharger

FMB42
FMB42 Reader
4/1/21 8:06 a.m.

I haven't seen an 'old school Mini' in decades. Thanks for posting.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
4/1/21 8:15 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hHdEhPGzijGwOvXKzhoV35VdJ9Rl9HGI0hUFnJ7ABJPzVQFnUMvT60ie1n3Xwf4T