chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/19/21 11:02 a.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

This is just like the truck a guy I looked up to at my work had when I was 14....being a dodge guy it's why my first vehicle was a 81 stepside d150, and my third was a warlock, and my 4th was a LRT. I lurve old stepsides.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
9/19/21 12:03 p.m.

In reply to Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) :

The "Streetmachine"  emblem was an aftermarket piece sold in the late 80's -early 90's IIRC, I have a NOS emblem somewhere I bought when they first came out. The vette looking body was a kit, dunno the company name.

[URL=https://app.photobucket.com/u/NOTATA/p/c3ac533c-7d46-4c34-b804-552165994396][/URL]

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
9/20/21 2:28 p.m.

Not something I expected to see at Walmart:

I also saw a Solstice coupe and a classic 900 convertible pulling a teardrop trailer. Both were traveling on the other side of the highway so no pics. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/20/21 3:03 p.m.

Another old Barracuda 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
9/20/21 3:29 p.m.

After a car show on Saturday I took my son to one of the cooler repair shops in Columbus and found a Miura over a Countach. 

Powar
Powar UltraDork
9/20/21 3:44 p.m.

I took my 95V4 and a friend took his Citroen DS to the Automobilia Obscura show on Saturday. They both got a lot of attention.

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/20/21 9:20 p.m.

We hired an arborist recently and I was expecting the typical Work truck to show up.  So you can imagine my delight when they showed up with this towing a chipper/shredder behind it.

I don’t know about you, but a road legal m1078 is not something I see every day. I'm not sure how practical it is but it sure looks like fun!

EricM
EricM SuperDork
9/21/21 12:30 p.m.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. I know it's a corvette...

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/21/21 12:49 p.m.

In reply to EricM :

They are a thing.  C7 GTLM homage cars, apparently someone built a few, but I didn't know you could get a convertible.

https://www.retroclassiccar.com/2014-corvette-stingray-z51-3lt-c7-r-homage-manual/

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
9/21/21 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Is that The Barn in Dublin?

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
9/21/21 2:15 p.m.

In reply to RustBeltSherpa :

No, its Evans Automotive off of Morse Rd.  Its 100% in a part of Columbus you would not expect.

Evans Automotive Repair Inc.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
9/21/21 2:29 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

Another good one is Specialty Sports Cars, also in a totally unexpected area on the eastern side of downtown. They've got amazing things in there. I got to sit in an LM002 once, and drool over an unlimited array of old race cars and exotic autos. They voted my 1966 Bonneville Hearse/Ambulance combo the coolest car in the shop which was quite an ego boost for me.

The only photo of the inside that I could find:

Specialty Sports Cars - Downtown Columbus - Columbus, OH

Evans has a thumbnail of a Vector M12 on their home page but no details about it! No fair! (in the 4 year old's sensibility of "no fair.")

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
9/21/21 2:32 p.m.

I passed a Suzuki Cappuccino on the way to the grocery store Sunday morning.  I was driving and not able to grab a pic, but cool none the less.  Reference pic:

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
9/21/21 3:18 p.m.
KyAllroad said:

W12 A8L spotted today in Lexington.

Apparently I owe you all an apology.  After spotting this one, two days later I saw another black A8L W12 in town but he had a vanity plate so I could tell it was different.  Then Saturday I was driving and spotted a THIRD black A8L W12 (with yet another license plate) heading west.  All appear to be driven by white men in their 60's (shocker I know).  But I guess we can't really call them unicorns. 

9/21/21 4:56 p.m.

^ That's why those are the ultimate stealth wealth cruisers. Looks like another black Audi unless you know.

Slippery
Slippery UberDork
9/22/21 8:56 p.m.
KyAllroad said:
KyAllroad said:

W12 A8L spotted today in Lexington.

Apparently I owe you all an apology.  After spotting this one, two days later I saw another black A8L W12 in town but he had a vanity plate so I could tell it was different.  Then Saturday I was driving and spotted a THIRD black A8L W12 (with yet another license plate) heading west.  All appear to be driven by white men in their 60's (shocker I know).  But I guess we can't really call them unicorns. 

Maybe this one is the unicorn you were looking for:

Slippery
Slippery UberDork
9/22/21 8:57 p.m.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
9/23/21 10:56 a.m.

Not sure which thread to put this one.

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
9/23/21 11:14 a.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:

Another old Barracuda 

You very rarely see those these days. I always wonder if the rear glass is still available.

Part of the reason I pay attention to cars with huge rear windows is likely a car I own (but I guess I have to admit that his is bigger than mine).

9/23/21 1:53 p.m.

In reply to wspohn :

Yep I remember from a couple weeks ago when you posted that. 

Slippery
Slippery UberDork
9/24/21 7:28 a.m.

As a kid I grew up in a small town with a population of 400k. Not many exotic cars, maybe a 924 or a Mustang here and there. But there was one of these, and I will never forget the owner let me sit in it ... best day ever as I was probably 5 or 6. 

I think its the first BB I have seen in the US. These were not officially imported here. 

Opti
Opti Dork
9/24/21 8:20 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

I knew an old hot rodder who had done well for himself and in his advanced age he still wanted something fast but more luxurious and stealthy so he got an S8. He let me drive it once and to this day I can say it was the best car ive ever driven. It will do whatever you want all while being coddled in luxury.

That thing was a riot.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
9/24/21 12:27 p.m.

On our way home from the Street Survival at Summit Point last Sunday, this couple passed us running about 75mph.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
9/24/21 2:57 p.m.

These two showed up on the lot of the used Subaru dealer 2 blocks from home. The Z is 35k miles and spotless. The Buick is barn "fresh" from 40 years.

johndej
johndej Dork
9/24/21 5:41 p.m.

Stock Manual

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Kl2F6oJuUPWYVEsN9RcNhBPQi3rKmQyNeXrhx4ecAGD94RXftH6ilrT9ynZJ9RxI