6/22/22 12:19 p.m.

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
6/22/22 1:07 p.m.

Tiny little local car show had an Elva

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
6/22/22 1:47 p.m.

1983 Civic hatchback with a Webasto sunroof and Chevy van tail lights being towed behind a motorhome. 

Unicorn. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
6/22/22 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

That is the car I learned how to drive in. 

My mom's was brown with a 4 speed manual transmission. 

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/22/22 2:31 p.m.
hybridmomentspass said:

'Unicorn'? I dont know.
But Ive never seen one of these in person, a Yamaha motorcycle that came from the factory with two wheels up front. Not a little scooter, either.  Ive seen them in magazines before, but rarely, but never in person. I was excited

So what's the rational behind this for a bike?  Do Yamaha have some quasi engineering reason, or just because 'Just because' as a reason, which is fine in itself.

I understand the scooter version more, that seems a good layout for a crowded city center with lots of stopping and ease of 'parking' etc. Not so sure on the bike version.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
6/22/22 2:37 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

1983 Civic hatchback with a Webasto sunroof and Chevy van tail lights being towed behind a motorhome. 

Unicorn. 

I had a rabbit with a Renault Fuego webasto roof swapped in, it was horrible haha. The clips broke all the time and then it wouldn't slide correctly. 

you can kinda see it in that pic, would have fit right in at a RAD event though.

Edit: forgot it also had rabbits sandblasted into the windows and rabbit fabric Recaros. It was pretty period.

Wow, that pic really shows the MKI life

CAinCA
CAinCA HalfDork
6/22/22 3:29 p.m.

I saw this super clean Sunbeam Tiger at the HW store the other. The owner looked like he lived in a shed in the woods. LOL!

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
6/22/22 3:31 p.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

Looks like the one from Classic Motorsports except for the wheels and rollbar.

Folgers
Folgers Reader
6/24/22 8:47 p.m.

First time uploading a picture, I hope it comes out right. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
6/25/22 12:38 p.m.

Does parked in a paddock count?

Did not expect to see this at the Vintage GP/ Trans Am race at Mid Ohio yesterday.  The older I get the less excited I get about these kind of cars but this one is impressive in person. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
6/25/22 12:52 p.m.

Fred is probably hating the 5 mpg he gets and wants to get into a new Honda Fit. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
6/25/22 3:14 p.m.

I love that all these cars live on in perpetuity.

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
6/25/22 8:01 p.m.

Not a lot of face lifted 3 doors out there. And one just happened to park next to Mr Meejeeps at the beach

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
6/25/22 9:34 p.m.

What a day for car spotting. I had to run a shop errand, and within 5 minutes of departure I saw 2 Ford GTs west bound on I78 at about mile marker NJ1. I was east boundsad One was 2005 generation in red with white stripes, the other a current gen. in white heritage livery. They were together. An hour later on Hunterdon 579 I passed a Lancia Flaminia Zagato series 3. Not the car in the picture, it was slightly darker red, with white number ball on the left door, and some non USA license plates, white on black.  First time I have ever seen a series 3 Zagato Flaminia.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
6/26/22 11:15 a.m.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
6/26/22 11:16 a.m.

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
6/26/22 11:16 a.m.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
6/30/22 7:56 a.m.

Clean TT, other than the wheels on the wrong side. 

I remember sitting in one at the dealership when they were new, looked like a UFO. Time flies. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
6/30/22 8:23 p.m.

Seen parked at a local bank today.  I don't know if it was a genuine Meyers Manx but it looked pretty close.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/1/22 3:00 a.m.

I saw a baby blue Pontiac Sunbird wagon. Not something you see every day. 

iansane
iansane Dork
7/1/22 10:33 a.m.

On the way home yesterday I was more excited to see this;

than this;

Something wrong with me?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zEJNSSBu4KzR2wk3HOUuDNakStcJqJypulMyfxLwXvqgBqJTSB9sPtIyGbZj1XHT