Damn. 

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/23/22 1:23 a.m.

Good day today

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/23/22 1:24 a.m.

This guy has a VW Thing with a hardtop, a Honda N600, and the weirdest car I have ever seen. Will post next.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/23/22 1:27 a.m.

Looked British to me, but not sure and did not feel lile getting off the car and getting chased. Tiny and quite narrow:

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/23/22 1:32 a.m.

Was out driving around SW Portland looking at houses and saw this Alfa hiding in a car port.

My wife thinks I have issues, I tell her let's go look for mid century modern houses, and end up going around the block everytime I spot a cool car :)

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/23/22 1:35 a.m.

First car my dad bought when we arrived in the US. A 1989 Honda Accord. Back then in the early to mid 90's I thought it was ancient even though it was only a gen old. 

These are all but gone from south Florida. He got rid of his at 350k miles, still had the factory clutch. 

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/23/22 1:57 a.m.
Slippery said:

Looked British to me, but not sure and did not feel lile getting off the car and getting chased. Tiny and quite narrow:

Portlander here, and I've known about that particular 'collection' for years as it is close to my current home, a just a few doors down from my great-uncle's family home. And isn't the Pacific NW awesome for old car spotting? laugh The skinny wagon in question is a Crossley.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/23/22 8:31 a.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

The PNW is insane for car spotting. I must have taken 1000 pictures, but they are all on my wife's phone. I will start posting them eventually when I get back home. 

I checked Google maps and those cars have been sitting there since at least 2007! Only difference is the Thing has a soft top. 

Also, what's up with the sun coming out before 5 am here??!! Lol

Carl Heideman
Carl Heideman
7/23/22 10:49 a.m.
Slippery said:

That's a Crosley. They have a pretty innovative OHC engine that was used in small race cars and other cool applications.

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/23/22 2:32 p.m.

In reply to Carl Heideman :

Oh believe me, I woke up at 4:50 with the sun and read ae86andkp61 reply and went on a Crosley adventure. From the radios to car parts to cars. Interesting story which I knew nothing about. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/23/22 2:39 p.m.

As soon as I saw it, I knew Crosley, too.  A Crosley Hotshot is one of my bucket list cars.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ SuperDork
7/23/22 3:36 p.m.
Slippery said:

Was out driving around SW Portland looking at houses and saw this Alfa hiding in a car port.

My wife thinks I have issues, I tell her let's go look for mid century modern houses, and end up going around the block everytime I spot a cool car :)

I love me some mid century moderns.  And you're very lucky.  I've been in every state but 4 and 25 countries and I can tell you that the Pacific Northwest is one of my favorite spots on the globe.  The summers are glorious and the people are very chill as well.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
7/23/22 4:33 p.m.
Carl Heideman said:
Slippery said:

That's a Crosley. They have a pretty innovative OHC engine that was used in small race cars and other cool applications.

Plate steel engines too. They also made Juke Boxes.

I have a buddy that is trying to get the land speed record for one. Meth injected and supercharged. I think weight is the issue...not the car. Sorry Eric.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
7/23/22 5:42 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:
Carl Heideman said:
Slippery said:

Plate steel engines too. They also made Juke Boxes.

I have a buddy that is trying to get the land speed record for one. Meth injected and supercharged. I think weight is the issue...not the car. Sorry Eric.

Yeah he told me if you do not have good brakes at that track you end up in Canada !

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/24/22 10:53 a.m.

1st gen Supra at the cruise in last night.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
7/24/22 11:40 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I didn't even know that the Callaway Silverado was a thing. 

TIL that the 6.2 Silverado is a high 13 second car stock and mid 12 with a GM warranty supercharger

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
7/27/22 10:45 p.m.

This morning I was behind a red Honda Del Sol, box stock, right down to the original wheels, exhaust and (gasp!) even rocker panels.

About an hour later, I saw a white Del Sol driving toward me, but that one was pretty ratty.

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
7/27/22 10:48 p.m.

I saw a first-gen BMW M1 on the freeway... of course this was pre-Interwebz and cellphones so no easy pic. Was around 1982-3. One just auctioned off on BaT for $605K.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
7/27/22 10:48 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Isn't there actually two unicorns in those first two pictures? The one in the front is one of those micro Hondas. I thought it was a Mini at first.  There  was one on this forum for sale not too long ago

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/27/22 10:59 p.m.

In reply to MyMiatas :

Yep, that's a Honda N600. 

Lil_Stampie
Lil_Stampie New Reader
7/29/22 8:38 p.m.

its a bit confused...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/29/22 9:13 p.m.

Seen today parked on the street in Northfield, MN.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VodkhUTvm1vlV8TSabYoVqcBT0fr7fxNWMzmCqLljpxw02FrrGgZ1Us7Byo7B2z6