1 2 3 4
JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
12/9/14 6:25 p.m.

260z 2+2 being driven around campus

ncjay
ncjay Dork
12/9/14 6:27 p.m.

Today my eyeballs caught a glimpse of a 1969 Dodge Charger in the obligatory Dukes of Hazzard orange, but no numbers or flag.

mblommel
mblommel Reader
12/9/14 6:30 p.m.

I followed a white 458 spider on my way to work a few weeks ago.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
12/9/14 6:48 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Ferrari's are common out here. Yesterday I saw a Black W8 4 Motion Passat Wagon with a stick in a parking lot.

There was a period of over a month where I saw a lamborghini every day. I like to walk around Beverly Hills just to see what ridiculous vehicles are driving around. The rarest vehicles in that area are American cars.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
12/9/14 6:51 p.m.

Oh! I did see a Veyron on the road a little over a month ago. I also saw a Carrera GT in the canyons driving in the opposite direction... It had the best death wail.

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
12/9/14 6:53 p.m.

saw this last week in cleveland, road salt included.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
12/9/14 7:20 p.m.

G-wagens are all over the place here. They're the Tahoe of Los Angeles.

I've only seen one two-door model, though:

Dashpot
Dashpot Reader
12/9/14 7:24 p.m.

I saw a perfect Alfa Sprint Zagato negotiating a left across traffic, at a stoplight, in traffic, in the rain, in my little town. I felt blessed.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
12/9/14 7:29 p.m.

Spotted this a few weeks ago.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
12/9/14 7:33 p.m.

How about a MINT 1987 Tempo? Not rare in 1988, but by the time 1990 came around.....

I've also seen a Shadow CSX and an amazingly clean mid 80's K car. All this summer/fall

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
12/9/14 7:39 p.m.

I saw a perfect looking 86 camry hatch with 87k on it. In the junk yard. Some good Samaritan donated it to goodwill, and goodwill sent it directly to the yard to get their easy $300. Sickening.

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz HalfDork
12/9/14 7:41 p.m.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/001-Copy-1.jpg.html][/URL]

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
12/9/14 7:48 p.m.

I see an old lady, like in her upper 80's driving a VW Fox and there's a mint Omni I see all the time.

Trackmouse
Trackmouse New Reader
12/9/14 7:50 p.m.

In reply to Rad_Capz: GUH!?!?

Saw a 458, gt3 rs, and a Gallardo chasing each other down an open stretch of century drive. The deafening roar rumbled my work van, and my nuggets...

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
12/9/14 8:28 p.m.

Late 70s Datsun 710 wagon at Home Depot this weekend. Fairly rusty

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/9/14 8:56 p.m.

Saw a Mosler this weekend dicing it up at Road Atlanta in HPDE-2. This morning saw the remains of a Mercury Topaz that took out a chain link fence and a telephone pole. The Topaz did surprisingly well all things considered but I doubt it will ever be on the road again.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
12/9/14 10:02 p.m.

Went to pick my daughter up at school this evening and there was a choir concert going on. I saw a dark gray Viper GTS in the parking lot and it kind of blew my mind. Pretty wild car for my neck of the woods.
I had a couple of people call the V wagon a unicorn at autocross this weekend. I drive the kids to school in it so I'm kind of jaded.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/9/14 10:17 p.m.

I agree about exotics. Kinda common around the area I commute through in NJ. Ferraris, Lambos, and so on. There's a Maserati Quattroporte I see being daily driven all the time. Somebody in the next office building occasionally drives a Viper GTS. Despite the fact there isn't a Tesla dealer in NJ, I see about one per day on average - my record so far is at least four different cars.

A few years ago I saw a '77 Celica Liftback during my morning commute through NJ. Did a serious double-take on that one. Had California plates, oddly enough.

I was driving to the dentist last year and passed a Noble M400 on the road. I happened to be in my '64 Mini at the time, so it was smiles and thumbs for all.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Reader
12/10/14 12:06 a.m.
Today I saw a Mitsubishi Galant vr4 driving in the pouring rain on I-476 in PA.

I saw a Galant VR4 in my driveway this evening.

Then I saw a manual Legacy GT wagon in my garage. I like unicorns.

There is a guy that works across the street from my work that occasionally commutes in a BMW M1. Not the recent M1, the old BMW supercar. I can't say that I've ever seen another on the road.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
12/10/14 12:17 a.m.

Not a museum or car show but I'm sure I'll get disqualified anyway.

I walk past:

1917 Crane Simplex model 5 7-pass touring.

1915 Pierce-Arrow 38-C Brougham.

1913 Stoddard-Dayton Limousine. (the only one)

1910 H.A. Moyer runabout(one of six)

1933 Stutz DV32 with a Derham coupe roadster body (one of three)

1930 L-29 Cord cabriolet

1932 Auburn 8-100A boattail speedster

1930 Duesenberg Model J LeGrande dual-cowl phaeton

1935 Duesenberg Model J Weymann torpedo phaeton

Every day at work.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
12/10/14 12:27 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: FYI: If you are on Facebook, there's a group called V.I.S.I.T. that is pretty much this. It stands for Vehicles I Saw In Traffic, and caters to the weird and unusual stuff. Otherwise, carry on.

I'm actually starting to get annoyed with that page, it was cool at first but now it's people posting Donks and random cars with them saying "Look at the Bumper Sticker/Badging/License Plate!!".

I think it's taking away from the original concept.

gunner
gunner Reader
12/10/14 6:12 a.m.

regularly see a green 914 on the interstate going the opposite direction on my way out from work. viper gts in the subdivision behind me thats apparently daily driven.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/10/14 6:32 a.m.

While driving a couple of days ago, a MkI Fiesta. It's been years since I saw one any where else but a race track or autocross. This was in OK condition, I had to wait for a stop light to get a pick, hence from behind and not the side.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
12/10/14 6:54 a.m.

In reply to JamesMcD:

I had to google 1986 Camry hatchback. I don't remember those even in the 80's.

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
12/10/14 8:06 a.m.

I haven't seen a Prowler in years but there's a guy who appears to daily a gold and black one and I see him nearly every day. A coworker has a mint looking Corvair he drives occasionally. My neighbor's high school kid has a stock Civic hatchback and he wants to keep it that way.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dbZe0WJulMDw4fmUdPk2gedliq4muXngMDuSt1160wdj982FQKh0xymc8GhvBoLH