GameboyRMH MegaDork
2/8/18 8:44 a.m.
Woody said:

I saw a Geo Tracker... with a plow!

I imagine it works well as an emergency braking system cheeky

KaiserM715
KaiserM715 None
2/13/18 1:52 p.m.

I have seen one Gulia Quadrifoglio out on the road.  There is an Alfa 4C in my parking lot at work and it is the only one I have seen.

josolanes
josolanes New Reader
2/13/18 1:55 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I was behind a Volkswagen Fox on the way to work this morning.  It's been ten or fifteen years since I've seen one of those in the wild.

Did you American types even get the Fox?

Ha my uncle had one of these in (faded) red for many years. Though by the time I knew much about cars, it had already been sitting for years

He's since gotten rid of it, no idea what happened to the car. But I thought it was interesting none the less

josolanes
josolanes New Reader
2/13/18 1:59 p.m.

For what it's worth, I went to pick up oil in my wife's car and the person behind the counter asked "is that a unicorn?", so figured it'd be worth mentioning here

I know our daily driver (2008 Subaru Legacy GT Spec-B) is somewhat rare but kind of take it for granted as it's our family mover, and my wife's toy of course all in one. He gave me a card for the local Subaru enthusiast community and has been encouraging us to come out. It's completely stock, but we will soon be lowering it with Bilstein HD's and quality lowering springs (stock Bilstein shocks are showing their age)

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
2/16/18 2:37 p.m.

VW Atlas. Don't think I've seen one before and this city is crawling in VWs. Also saw a hairy fat man in just his tighty whities standing at a street corner today. indecision

MrChaos
MrChaos Dork
2/16/18 8:52 p.m.

i keep seeing a w123 mercedes el camino in town.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
2/16/18 10:36 p.m.

One of the most Alaskan street cars Ive seen in a minute, complete with the hilift jack and the rack on top. Hell yea.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/17/18 6:50 p.m.

Spotted next to Liquor Barn on Manowar Road in Lexington.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
2/18/18 1:12 a.m.

RHD Montero in West TX. Nice little puff of blue smoke under acceleration.  Saw a similar color 4Runner Surf here last year. May be the same owner? No clue.

BMWGeoff
BMWGeoff New Reader
2/18/18 8:55 a.m.

How about a rust free Hyundai Pony in rust country? Complete with historic license plate (picture from the summer)... Also saw a rust free Hyundai Excel yesterday, but wasn't able to get a picture.

Rodan
Rodan Reader
2/18/18 9:25 a.m.
josolanes said:

For what it's worth, I went to pick up oil in my wife's car and the person behind the counter asked "is that a unicorn?", so figured it'd be worth mentioning here

I know our daily driver (2008 Subaru Legacy GT Spec-B) is somewhat rare but kind of take it for granted as it's our family mover, and my wife's toy of course all in one. He gave me a card for the local Subaru enthusiast community and has been encouraging us to come out. It's completely stock, but we will soon be lowering it with Bilstein HD's and quality lowering springs (stock Bilstein shocks are showing their age)

I think the LGT Spec-B will be a future unicorn...  rare when produced, and top spec for the line at the time.  We had an '05 LGT that we bought in late '04 and I always wanted a Spec-B after they were introduced, but we went a different direction with our next car...  a G8GT, another rarity! 

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
2/18/18 6:28 p.m.

I'm in Hawaii this week.  Walked passed what appeared to be an r32 skyline.  

Sounded really nice

josolanes
josolanes New Reader
2/18/18 6:30 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Oh, very nice choice! yes

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
2/22/18 10:41 a.m.

2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI. They bought it 2 months before dieselgate. They're holding out as long as they can before they do the buy back. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/22/18 1:25 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

One of my friends bought a post-fix Sportwagen.  We got 42mpg driving in moderate rain with three people in the car and the cruise control set to 80mph.

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
2/22/18 1:47 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

This lady was afraid of what the fix would do. Her thought was they would give a full refund on the buy back so she might as well keep making payments so they would have more post loan cash in the end.

Dave
Dave Reader
2/22/18 2:06 p.m.

Winter driven Syclone?

Mitsubishi Minicab van imported from Japan.  First time seeing one.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/22/18 4:45 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

So... she would rather keep paying interest on the remaining principal instead of paying it all off and walking away?  cheeky

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
2/22/18 6:50 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I learned a long time ago not to give financial advice especially when not requested.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
2/22/18 8:03 p.m.

Saab 9-3 Viggen.. NA Miata with classic tags on it surprise..

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/22/18 8:48 p.m.

I see so many SAABs around here it is nuts.  One of my customers has an AWD turbo 9-5.  I see at least three 9-3s every day.  Today I played parking lot joust with a 9-3 Aero wagon.

No Volvos except for SUVs.  I felt an odd joy when I saw an S60 in Columbus a few weeks ago.  First one I'd seen since I bought teh R.  I actually saw another S60R last week in Cleveland.  Poor bastard either had his suspension set to Advanced or he had aftermarket coilover shock setup on it, because the car was hobby-horsing so bad on road ripples that it made my neck hurt in sympathy.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
2/22/18 9:01 p.m.
dxman92 said:

Saab 9-3 Viggen.. NA Miata with classic tags on it surprise..

That reminds me, i need to transfer historic plates to my miata.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/22/18 9:18 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Miles has Historic plates on HIS red Miata.

Miles also has enough Miatas that it is important to specify what color Miata has the Historic tag.

(He also has a Mini.  And a diesel Sportwagen.  And a 944.  And an Esprit Turbo.  Where does he GET those wonderful toys?)

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
2/22/18 11:00 p.m.

Saw my first R32 Skyline a few days ago. Sounded great but it was further up the cross block so I didn't get close.indecision

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
2/24/18 10:47 p.m.

Take it on on the run baby. Neighbor busted out the REO Speedwagon and his ford sedan for the Fur Rendezvous parade today.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SBWTV0rRoG0543mGMtoB5hqAXcC6HytoL3mUWllIMjf443amE5xeKe5GrwY3YKvI