wspohn
wspohn Dork
8/2/18 2:39 p.m.

Saw a Pontiac Solstice coupe yesterday. Not enough time to grab a picture though. I didn't even realize there was such a thing!

Yup - 1200 of them made very late in the production run - I bought mine after the factory was shut down.  In the drivewy beside stablemate Z4M coupe.

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes New Reader
8/2/18 4:06 p.m.

In reply to wspohn :

I saw one of those coupes just last week, if there were 1200 it will probably be the only time I see one. 

I have seen 3-4 Solstice roadsters and a Saturn Sky in the last few weeks.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 Dork
8/3/18 8:10 a.m.

In reply to wspohn :

Love the Z4M Coupe!!

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/3/18 11:54 a.m.

Saw a mint looking Toronado Trofeo in Michigan.

And an Amphicar on a trailer.

ThurdFerguson
ThurdFerguson New Reader
8/3/18 12:32 p.m.

I was passed yesterday on my evening commute by a FJ Cruiser with no top.  I don't know if it was a convertible or if the roof was removed?

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
8/3/18 4:21 p.m.

Berkeley cars and coffee is a little unfair since it's usually like 50% unicorns, but here are a few highlights

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
8/3/18 11:40 p.m.

I saw an Isuzu Vehicross pulling a large trailer. 

Several hour later edit: Trailer was large by Vehicross standards. 

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
8/3/18 11:50 p.m.

Today I saw a GOOOLE!

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/4/18 6:34 a.m.

In reply to etifosi :

I worked on an AWD GOOOLE once.

And one with the funky ABS system where the pedal was only connected to the front brakes, the rears were 100% powered by the ABS system.  (Teves, I think).  Nissan uses a similar setup in the NV vans.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/4/18 8:19 a.m.

I'm not so sure this is a unicorn but unlikely to see another and this seems like a good enough place to put it. 

Snapped in Maumee, OH around Toledo, OH a few weeks ago.  

Super Zoom

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
8/6/18 2:25 p.m.

I saw one of these running around town:

Plymouth Arrow Pickup.

It had the graphics package but was way rustier.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
8/6/18 6:29 p.m.

Guy pulled into the gas station with his gem as I was tanking up. he was the second owner but he bought it shortly after it was new. super nice guy and a super clean car

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/6/18 6:50 p.m.

In reply to CarKid1989 :

I *may* have bought an RX-3 from his aunt.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
8/7/18 4:08 a.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to CarKid1989 :

I *may* have bought an RX-3 from his aunt.

Small world! How does this happen!?

johndej
johndej HalfDork
8/7/18 12:51 p.m.

Passed a Suzuki Cappuccino going the other way this morning.... guessing from Japanese classics but don't see it on their inventory.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/8/18 11:45 a.m.

The shop that does my work on the fleet has a good reputation for alignments and often has something interesting in the shop.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
8/10/18 9:23 a.m.

I couldn't snap a pic as I was driving, but I saw a Bricklin SV1 driving on the road yesterday lunchtime in classic orange.

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
8/10/18 1:44 p.m.

This morning at my Starbucks. Paging Ron Burgandy.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
8/10/18 6:52 p.m.

I saw an older, white haired, fella driving a silver Ferrari 612 Scaglietti this morning.   He was doing about 5 mph below the speed limit with his windows down, and following way too close behind a dump truck.

I mean the 612 is kind of homely looking for a Ferrari, but it didn't deserve that.  I don't get that close to dump trucks in any of my pedestrian vehicles.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
8/11/18 12:50 p.m.

Yesterday driving home, I got behind an old lady driving an absolutely pristine gold/beige 86-90 Nissan Stanza. It looked like it just rolled off the showroom in 1987, except for the deer pelt covering the parcel shelf(?).

grover
grover HalfDork
8/11/18 1:55 p.m.

Saw the new Bentley suv on the way to the gym yesterday. Middle aged mom driving kids around. Crazy. 

Furious_E
Furious_E SuperDork
8/11/18 2:15 p.m.

Spotted a McLaren P1 last week in Bumbleberkeley, York County, PA of all places.

I was on my way to a meeting for work and just spot it peaking out from behind a truck at a stop sign, and while I couldn't quite identify it at first, the profile screamed "this is something ridiculous." It ended up behind me then (on what just so happens to be one of my favorite driving roads around here) and I was able to tell it was a McLaren from the facia, and not the cheap one either. Since I'm  bit out of touch with the current crop of hyper cars, I had to look it up when I got back to he office, but it was definitely a P1.

Unfortunately, the driver was just putting along, but still cool to see. I'm sure that's the most expensive car I've ever seen in the wild.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
8/11/18 10:40 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

Are you sure? I’ve seen a gray 720s around town recently. Even my sister sent me a picture asking what it was. 

Mine of my employees said he saw a P1 but later sent me a picture, it was just a 570... just. 

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
8/11/18 10:45 p.m.

It's been a while, but I couldn't find this thread. Monday was the funeral of Bud Smail, for those familiar with the name, he was the namesake and owner of about 6 dealerships, all different makes. I got stuck at a redlight as his procession went past the dealership. 

First car behind the hearse was a brand new NSX, two cars behind that a new Bentley coupe, then a G wagon, some very loud Crammits, a random Hyundai Excel, then a handful of Vettes. All in, took 3 redlight cycles for the whole procession to pass through, almost all shiny new models with random bits of strange old stuff thrown in. 

Nothing extremely rare or strange, but to see all of them in a row was quite impressive. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/12/18 4:09 p.m.

Coming home last night, I was stopped in the center lane of an offramp.  A Focus or something stops next to me.  It's a long light, I notice that the headlights look kinda funky to be a Ford.  Is that a Kia or something?

And then I notice that they have what looks like a laptop screen on the center of the dash.  Huge, and horizontal, not vertical like a mounted tablet.

I look at the wheels to see a logo.  It's a Tesla.  So this is what a Model 3 looks like, neat.  I've seen tons of the P85/P90/P100 cars but never a Model 3 upclose.  (Did see a few in Michigan a couple weekends ago)

After the light turned green, I noticed that it had Maryland plates.  So someone drove a new Tesla from Maryland somewhere to Cleveland.  Neat.

(Still doesn't beat the Model X 120D that I saw before they were released to the public, with California manufacturer's plates, in the middle of winter)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LJzsg7WKSBCpbyavPDy0vmx1FwyVufPlTx6MK0g9U1M1XfzQX5mYy8q1tntEddvE