mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/13/18 7:14 a.m.

I see this guy around every now and again but this is the first time it's been sitting still so I could take a picture. I love this van so much.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/13/18 7:20 a.m.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a Unicorn or not since he is my neighbor and I see him driving it every day, but last week I saw him hauling a bunch of crap to the dump with the Bentley.

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 HalfDork
8/13/18 8:20 a.m.

Saw a Bentley GT pulling out of my neighborhood the other day too.  Never saw it before so must have been visiting.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/13/18 9:40 a.m.
Knurled. said:

I look at the wheels to see a logo.  It's a Tesla.  So this is what a Model 3 looks like, neat.  I've seen tons of the P85/P90/P100 cars but never a Model 3 upclose.  (Did see a few in Michigan a couple weekends ago)

I saw so many Model 3s in Ontario back in July, I figured they must be common by now.

Saw a few high-end sports cars/supercars while I was there: A Ferrari 360 Challenge car, a regular 360, a 458, a Lambo Gallardo Spyder, and a 911 GT3. Also everyone and their dog in Newmarket now has a Porsche Cayenne.

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish New Reader
8/13/18 3:54 p.m.

I was driving to Wendy's for a Frosty with my 3 year old, and she says, "Whoa, cool race car."  There happens to be a black NSX in a parking lot as we're driving past.  I was proud, but I made the mistake of asking, "The black one by your window?"  Her response, "No the orange one."  I never saw an orange car.  It was probably a Cobalt.  I have failed as a parent.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
8/13/18 6:46 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I see this guy around every now and again but this is the first time it's been sitting still so I could take a picture. I love this van so much.

Those side windows look to be about the same size as I had on my old Econoline conversion van.

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 HalfDork
8/14/18 7:46 a.m.

Saw a kind of aggressive looking SUV in my mirror on the PA turnpike yesterday, turned out it was a Ford Edge ST with manufacturer plates.  Not exactly a unicorn, but not something we see often out this way..

Carl Heideman
Carl Heideman
8/14/18 8:24 a.m.

How about a unicorn and a fairy princess?  

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
8/14/18 4:05 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
8/15/18 10:17 a.m.
Carl Heideman said:

How about a unicorn and a fairy princess?  

For maximum awesome they needed to do this first then make it a proper mural.

Image result for pt cruiser panel van

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
8/18/18 3:47 p.m.

Couldn't get pics of my own, but saw one of these today:

It actually looked better in person than in pics.  

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/18/18 9:07 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

I have seen a few of those too I like them

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 HalfDork
8/20/18 10:11 a.m.
kazoospec said:

Couldn't get pics of my own, but saw one of these today:

It actually looked better in person than in pics.  

Seems hard to believe because it looks great in pictures!!

Dave
Dave Reader
8/20/18 10:20 a.m.

A minty Bronco II

Storz
Storz SuperDork
8/20/18 10:57 a.m.
Sparkydog said:

This morning at my Starbucks. Paging Ron Burgandy.

Very cool, my old man was on the Allante' project back in the day. I saw one in St Ignace a few weeks ago.

IMG_20180728_124630 by _Storz_, on Flickr

MulletTruck
MulletTruck HalfDork
8/20/18 12:00 p.m.

One of two Ford Durangos in my neighborhood.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/20/18 1:21 p.m.

No photo, but I just saw a Maybach.

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
8/20/18 7:48 p.m.

I live close to CMP so I see my fare share of cool cars and play name that car with my son.  We both where clueless when a Bricklin pulled up beside us at the stop light. 

Storz
Storz SuperDork
8/21/18 7:23 p.m.

See this everyday on my way home from work

IMG_20180821_153905 by _Storz_, on Flickr

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/22/18 4:36 p.m.

At Walmart.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
8/22/18 6:58 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

That reminds of the Buick GN that I worked on today that still had the factory airbox.

Although, I think a stock (appearing) Supra Turbo is even rarer than that.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/22/18 7:59 p.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to chandler :

That reminds of the Buick GN that I worked on today that still had the factory airbox.

Although, I think a stock (appearing) Supra Turbo is even rarer than that.

Non-turbo, 158,000 miles one owner. The guy was also looking at hot wheels, so we spoke. haha

this was in Lagrange Kentucky

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/22/18 8:08 p.m.

Had a Pontiac Solstice pass me on the freeway today that was very clearly running on 8 cylinders. 

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 HalfDork
8/23/18 8:11 a.m.

Corvettes in Carlisle is this weekend so I have seen all sorts running around town, but I think so far my favorite was a Callaway Twin Turbo like below, but in yellow.  Definitely stands out from the hundreds of C5-C7 vettes that seem to be here.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
8/23/18 8:32 a.m.
camaroz1985 said:

Corvettes in Carlisle is this weekend so I have seen all sorts running around town, but I think so far my favorite was a Callaway Twin Turbo like below, but in yellow.  Definitely stands out from the hundreds of C5-C7 vettes that seem to be here.

One of my biggest regrets, I turned down an 88 Calloway when I first moved to the country in 94 for $20K.  The problem was it was an auto, and back then I was stupid enough to think Auto's were only for people who were lacking the requisite limbs to operate a real car.  These days I realize what a dick I was and that auto's aren't the devils work and C4 Corvettes are far far better cars with two rather than three pedals.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NPFZaZuxN1mf9sUZgSV6pf9msaFYV9ClBOtiJSHcYXCF77YmjnCadUDYOhirzLcg