stroker UltraDork
3/29/19 12:14 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

E36M3, now THAT'S a Unicorn...

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
3/29/19 3:27 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

That was always a unicorn. Cadillac running gear originally I think.

CJ
CJ Reader
3/29/19 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Beautiful car, but I wonder how MG is tied up in it?

The rear looks very B-ish and the tail lights are definitely MGB.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
3/29/19 6:10 p.m.

In reply to CJ :

Tail lamps are Lucas, bought from the same catalog that MG bought from. Carrozeria Vignale designed around them, while MG had enough clout with Lucas to get a lamp designed for themselves. Lucas would sell it to anyone, no exclusives.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/29/19 6:53 p.m.
Woody said:
Bent-Valve said:

This thread should be required reading. I have learned a few really neat things from it.

Like, I never knew the converted Elements into pop top campers.

More Elemental content:

I remember reading about these in the brochure when they were new, but I've never seen one on the road before. Or at least, I've never noticed.

I like Elements.

I worked on an Element today.  It smelled heavily of dog.

EVERY Element that I have ever worked on, smelled heavily of dog.

I do not have a dog and I do not have an Element, so I have many unanswered questions, like is there some mandate that only people with smelly dogs can own Elements?  The hose-out interior must be a plus for that clientele.  I have known many dogs and only a small percentage of them made themselves olfactorally known...

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
3/29/19 7:02 p.m.

Was door to door with a Ferrari 488 and a new M4 on the interstate today. The stop-n-roll traffic was a great excuse for us to each to let the revs build in 1st and 2nd gear then burble off throttle. Good times.

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
3/30/19 11:20 a.m.

At least in south Fl this is a unicorn, especially in this condition:

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/30/19 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

UNmolested GSL-SE!  Nice.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
3/30/19 2:53 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Rear window sticker says"I'm a rotard", so extra nicecheeky

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
3/31/19 4:25 p.m.

In vacation in a real city and saw this:

Wide body RHD skyline. Probably the first I’ve seen in the flesh.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
3/31/19 5:51 p.m.

Cleanest four-eyed Fox I've seen in a long time!

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
3/31/19 8:18 p.m.

Unicorn at least this week:

Need to wash the windshield, had just driven 500 miles laugh

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/31/19 8:57 p.m.

Saw a 1st generation MR-2 in Regulation Light Blue, somewhere in Delaware County, Ohio.  Looked very clean.

What is more interesting is that I successfully ID'ed it from over a quarter mile back, just by the taillights, at dusk, when all I could see is two red blobs and a reflection of license plate.

Then about 100 miles further north on I-71, the road was actually closed because the bridge over Route 303 was glare ice and there were multiple cars off the road, with ambulances present.

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
4/1/19 6:29 a.m.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
4/2/19 1:13 p.m.

On grocery run this morning in the (Lehigh) Valley of Unicorns I passed a turquoise Edsel 2 door. Looked very clean, stock, and showy. Sorry, no photos available from my moving car.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
4/2/19 1:16 p.m.

Not a new photo, but I still see this one around occasionally. I spoke with him, it has a 13bsurprise

Dave
Dave Reader
4/2/19 1:53 p.m.

An unexpected find - a 1996–2003 Mercedes-Benz V-Class Fashion van. This one looked to be diesel powered by the soot marks on the ground. It had a small "Fashion" badge on it.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
4/2/19 7:02 p.m.

Bad picture but that is an Alfa 4C. Never seen one before. The big city has been fun. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/2/19 7:37 p.m.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
4/3/19 7:28 a.m.
Rodan said:

Cleanest four-eyed Fox I've seen in a long time!

I was going to say "Wait, you ignored the first generation Corvette and went for the Mustang?" Then I realized it wasn't a real Corvette, but a kit car, looks like a C5 based one. I think you made the right call.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/3/19 7:35 a.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

Am I giving away my age(youngness) if I say I'd totally ignore a C1 to go look at a Fox? 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/3/19 8:21 a.m.

Passed what looked like a squished and lowered F-Pace quickly in traffic yesterday, pretty sure it was an i-Pace. Not my pic, but like this one:

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
4/3/19 8:21 a.m.

While I do appreciate the early 'Vettes, the Fox is more in my wheelhouse.  1st car I ever bought new was an '89 LX 5.0 5 speed...

That is a kit on a C5 behind it.

I could post for pages here all the cars that were at this event (Copperstate 1000 kickoff), and there's some pics in my Miata thread.  I thought the Mustang was more in the spirit of this thread as a fairly 'normal' car, in far better shape for its age than most. wink

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LwTSdX2xLDMMctA65v8NUh8UylOMhgsiO9PSmx9BKwMFexXl65rZyueyIdKtvYsB