TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
5/23/19 3:33 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Where are you that you see mini-pickups?

Hoondavan
Hoondavan Reader
5/24/19 7:28 a.m.

Not a unicorn...but I saw this the other day at the taco shop.  You can drive on many of the beaches here in NE FL, so this is cleary someones beach cart.   Rear visibilty can't be great with the cargo basket on the trunk, but that basket should hold your beach chairs, etc. 

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
5/24/19 8:15 a.m.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/24/19 8:50 a.m.
TVR Scott said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Where are you that you see mini-pickups?

Barbados. American-size pickups are too big to be practical on these roads, and too thirsty to be practical with these gas prices!

Shadeux
Shadeux New Reader
5/24/19 6:01 p.m.

While a seventh generation Buick Rivera in drivable condition is pretty much a unicorn these days, this one showed up at my Lowe's one morning. I was curious about the stickers. Once I looked it up on the internet I wish I had stuck around to talk to the owner. Never seen again.

Sparkydog
Sparkydog Reader
5/28/19 5:58 p.m.

I'm probably cheating because these 3 were not technically in the wild - they were at a car show I went to on Sunday:

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

Before the Pantera there was the Mangusta. Only 401 made, an estimated 300+ still alive.

Early 90's Subaru Kei Van - the Sambar(?)

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
5/28/19 7:27 p.m.

solfly
solfly HalfDork
5/29/19 7:54 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

heart

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
5/30/19 12:56 p.m.

On I78 returning from a 230 mile morning shop run, almost home I spotted these 3 in time to get the camera out. 2 Fords and a Chevy pickup from about 1935

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/30/19 8:16 p.m.

Maybe not a unicorn but two in one place is absolutely unusual. One had Colorado plates and the other Kentucky.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
5/31/19 12:18 a.m.

I drive past this every day on my way to drop off the 2 year old at preschool. Doesn't move much, but it sure looks nice. 

shelbyz
shelbyz Reader
5/31/19 7:28 a.m.

I frequently drive past a house that has what I've often quickly waved off as just a 1st gen Geo Metro that hasn't moved in a long time sitting in it's yard. Recently, due to some construction, the traffic on that road was close to a stand still. This gave me some time to study the car a little more, where I discovered it wasn't a Geo at all... It's a Suzuki Swift. On top of that, it's a GTi or GT. A look at the history on Google streetview shows that it's been sitting in the same spot since at least 2008. I don't need anymore cars, but I'm thinking about knocking on the door and inquiring about it..

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/1/19 9:45 a.m.

Saw a black Ferrari GTC4Lusso on the 401 yesterday, just like this one:

Then this morning I saw a late-60s Dodge A100 COE pickup and a Corvair driving together near GM's Oshawa plant.

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
6/1/19 10:22 a.m.
chandler said:

Maybe not a unicorn but two in one place is absolutely unusual. One had Colorado plates and the other Kentucky.

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
6/1/19 10:26 a.m.

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
6/1/19 10:27 a.m.

Edit: I think I fixed it ^

Are my pics showing??? Or is it my stupid phone?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/1/19 10:54 a.m.

Not seeing any pics in your previous post.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Dork
6/1/19 12:12 p.m.
Sparkydog said:

Before the Pantera there was the Mangusta. Only 401 made, an estimated 300+ still alive.

There's a guy in Tucson has a yellow one, but with distinctly modern side mirrors on the door frame. 

He had issues with the tiny side mirrors, was at the bone yard one day, sees the side mirrors from a late model Ranger or Explorer might fit the door frames on the Mangusta.

Total GRM win on that...

Really cool guy. 

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
6/1/19 3:22 p.m.

Wakefield, NH.  On the morning of 27th, outside Lenos restraunt, must have been getting breakfast. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/1/19 4:00 p.m.

Toyota Hiace on I65 South in Kentucky can't be normal.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/2/19 8:52 p.m.

This is absolutely a unicorn this deep into road salt country:

Also in Oshawa today, saw a Mk4 Supra and an FC RX7.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
6/2/19 9:00 p.m.

Sighted at SOFR.

S60R!

With an Atacama interior and manual transmission!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/4/19 10:48 a.m.

This guy lives nearby:

Taken in the same plaza where I got a pic of the Samurai:

The custom "TOYSUZU" badge suggests it has some kind of Isuzu engine swapped in. It's a diesel, but the engine sound most resembles a crossplane V8.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/4/19 10:54 a.m.

Did you move to the states? More US cars than I’d expect in those pics

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/4/19 6:36 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Last few pics were taken in Ontario. Moving up here later in the year.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EpeKlbdDFgzIMcHahgXig3ucZJhtYI7WLny4qN7btGlYuc28mNj0iWxZZiX7glVQ