1 2
Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
1/9/19 3:03 p.m.

The Colorado is sitting at 226K miles. Still runs good, still drives good, but time for something else. It will be going to one of my employees.

This is the something else. 

2007 Chevy 1500 Silverado LTZ Vortec Max. 

The last truck had few options, this truck has most of them. 

It runs well. It's going to take some getting use to. 

Tyler H
Tyler H UberDork
1/9/19 3:06 p.m.

Dang, that's clean!  Looks like a nice place to spend time.  Time for some all-weather floormats.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
1/9/19 3:09 p.m.

Super nice truck, thoes things seem to last forever with some light maintaince. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/9/19 3:15 p.m.

Nice !

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
1/9/19 3:34 p.m.

Sweet that will be nice to ride alone in.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
1/9/19 7:56 p.m.

Looks nice! If your lifters tap or your oil pump squeaks make sure and turn it off right away. Other than that, cool. 

dj06482
dj06482 SuperDork
1/9/19 8:25 p.m.

Beautiful truck!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/9/19 9:56 p.m.

Coworker just bought the 2008 GMC version of that truck, down to the vortec max. It's a nice truck. 

Scottah
Scottah Dork
1/10/19 7:02 a.m.

Hooray for no AFM! 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
1/10/19 7:12 a.m.

2007? It looks like it's brand new! Nice score!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/10/19 7:14 a.m.

nice! Chevy always seems to do a better looking tan interior than Ford does.  Having a work-capable truck with all the creature comforts is highly addictive. I keep telling SWMBO that the new truck is spoiling me. It just seems to make everything easy no matter what you throw at it. I kind of find myself at a loss after doing something - like, well damn, that was...too easy. Enjoy it!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
1/10/19 9:42 a.m.

After driving Seth’s back from the Challenge I’m sold on the gmt-900 trucks. They’re far beyond the gmt-400, and even a couple steps beyond the gmt-800. His sure doesn’t drive like a truck with 200k on it either. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
1/10/19 4:10 p.m.

Well, I've put about 500 miles on it so far. It's a lot of truck. Like literally, it's huge compared to the Colorado. It doesn't slip in and out of traffic like the Colorado did. It's going to take some getting use to. 

It is a nice place though. The seats are comfortable, the engine is silky smooth, it handles extremely well considering it's a 5400 pound truck. 

It's faster than stink. Much quicker than the Colorado was. Unfortunately, 80 mph feels like 55 mph. Between that and the arrest me red color, I'm pretty sure it's going to cost me a speeding ticket. 

I ordered a hard tonneau cover for it. It should be in in a few days. That will let me put all the tools in the back of the truck instead of the back seat. 

TGMF
TGMF Reader
1/10/19 7:24 p.m.

Wheres all the rust? 

The rockers on all those in Michigan no longer exist. 

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
1/10/19 8:04 p.m.

Nice looking color. The Silverados are good mile munchers on the highway. I've been a passenger in one for longer trips.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
1/11/19 5:57 a.m.
TGMF said:

Wheres all the rust? 

There are distinct advantages to putting up with 100 degree days with 100% humidity in the summer. Vehicles that don't disappear is one of the notable ones. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/11/19 6:04 a.m.
Toyman01 said:
TGMF said:

Wheres all the rust? 

There are distinct advantages to putting up with 100 degree days with 100% humidity in the summer. Vehicles that don't disappear is one of the notable ones. 

We get that in Cleveland, AND we drive up to Michigan to get clean vehicles because they don't salt so much up there.

I see someone has removed the factory airbox in favor of a noisemaker.  I suggest you get an HPTuners dongle and read up on how to do a MAF table calibration.  You will be very pleased with the result, even if you think it's good as it is.  It will get even better.  (Heck, even with the OE airbox, there are gains to be had with a calibration fix due to the realities of mass production)

Of course, this also opens you up to playing with all sorts of other drivability settings like transmission shift points, and if you change your tire diameter or rearend then you can recal for that as well.  You may like it so much you'll want to go back and tweak the Colorado just for the fun of it!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/11/19 9:27 a.m.
Vigo said:

Looks nice! If your lifters tap or your oil pump squeaks make sure and turn it off right away. Other than that, cool. 

Yep, it's a PRICEY fix. My buddy had basically the same 2007. Shop told him what the necessary repairs were. He was able to trade it in on something else before it ate itself.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
1/12/19 1:13 p.m.

FedEx was nice enough to drop the tonneau cover off this morning so I got it installed. I must admit, I kind of like it. 

It does take up a little space in the front of the bed, but the ability to roll it up and have the bed usable without removing a one piece top is a big plus. If I need to haul anything bigger, I'll use one of the many trailers around here. 

There is a adjustable latch that can be set anywhere between open and closed. 

Then closed. With the tailgate closed and locked, it's as secure as a vehicle can be expected to be. 

It should keep things relatively secure and dry and leave the back seat in the truck usable.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
1/12/19 6:54 p.m.

This thing sure does sparkle after a bath. I might have to actually wash this one ever week or so and keep it clean.

I think the red is growing on me. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
1/12/19 7:36 p.m.

What brand cover is that?  I’d like to pick one up for my Silverado.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
1/12/19 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

Gator Recoil. I ordered from Realtruck.com. They had very good service. 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
1/13/19 6:48 p.m.

Cover rocks......(pssst radar is your best buddy)

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
1/13/19 8:12 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

In reply to Cotton :

Gator Recoil. I ordered from Realtruck.com. They had very good service. 

Bummer,  they don’t seem to make one for the 8’ bed.  I’ll check some other brands.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
1/17/19 6:26 p.m.

I changed out the brake light switch yesterday to take care of a flaky cruise control. 

Today I put a little over 500 miles on it running up to Jacksonville, NC and back. Man this thing will eat up the miles. It almost cruises as well  as my 87 Town Car did 20 years ago. 

I can definitely see how people get spoiled by the bells and whistles. My favorite so far is the radio turning it self up or down depending on ambient noise. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MFjHV3GaT4UcfNtFEdzQYOincTS1v215w4gdrhvkFkuE7eddldan8qPb0Hh9Eeyv