1 2
oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
1/18/19 6:30 a.m.

Brake light switch and driver side low beam plug seem to be twice a year in my '11, and like every Silverado I have ever had I have never had working squirters for the washer fluid.

Aside from those, and the bed being too tall while the truck simultaneously has less ground clearance than my last its been a good truck. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
1/18/19 6:46 a.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

I must be lucky. The dealer changed both headlights before I bought it. The washers work perfectly. I'm tall so the bed is a pretty decent hight for me. It is pretty low for a 4x4 though.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
3/20/19 8:33 p.m.

The truck just got it's 2nd oil change so I've put about 6000 miles on it. Still a nice place to spend time and I'm getting used to the size. 

The Colorado pretty much got 19-22 mpg no matter how you drove it. This thing, not so much. Best so far is 19 mpg, that was driving it easy through the country side at 60. 75 on the interstate drops that to 17 or so. Worst is almost embarrassing at 12 mpg beating around town as driving it pretty hard. Most tanks are right around 15-16. At the moment, it's worth the extra fuel. I might start complaining if fuel prices end up back in the $4/gal range. 

It has cracked the radiator though. I've caught whiffs of coolant every once in a while since I bought it. It finally started leaking enough to track it down to the radiator. That's on the agenda to chance soon. 

I'll add to this as things change. 

spacecadet
spacecadet Reader
3/21/19 5:13 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Nice looking truck man. Definitely does sound worthwhile for the efficiency loss. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x3NPTaltKO33NMjmYO2agfE1bx5cTt7WI7Nlq9KnaHALwZvt5KRcwJvg882yKaxP