1 2
Knurled
Knurled UberDork
8/19/13 7:20 p.m.

My leather ones finally wore through the sole but I can't bear to actually throw them out because LEATHER ALL STARS.

But yes, All-Stars are great driving shoes, biking shoes, walking shoes, running shoes, and tire-mounting shoes.

asoduk
asoduk New Reader
8/19/13 7:56 p.m.

There are some cheaper real racing shoes out there. RCI, pyrotect, safequip and probably more. That said, I got a great deal on some awesome Oakley shoes a few years ago when saferacer was closing them out.

I also wear sperry top siders often, and chick dig them ;-)

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
8/19/13 8:38 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Thanks for all the good idea's. I normally don;'t have trouble but with the tight footwell of the new car I will not be able to drive it in sneakers.

I think we can make a better suggestion after pictures of said new car.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
8/19/13 8:41 p.m.

I love the Chucks but y'all must be doing something different than me because my last three pair each lasted about two months.

carbon
carbon New Reader
8/19/13 9:16 p.m.

For the record, I love my five finger shoes. Best shoes I've ever had.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
9/12/13 11:53 a.m.

That semi-annual sale on the Pumas just started again.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6273558-PUMA-Additional-40-off-Free-Shipping-after-49-F-F-Sale

Looks like the Speed Cats are $45 shipped.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
9/12/13 11:54 a.m.

Drift Cats ~$30 shipped.

ppddppdd
ppddppdd Reader
9/12/13 2:32 p.m.

I wear these when I can't wear my Five Fingers (ie, in public and as my running shoe in the winter). Same general super minimalist feel. Takes some getting used to if you walk on hard surfaces or gravel much...

I walk a lot and the soles are thin, so I contact cement some extra 2mm vibram material to them as a replaceable wear surface, otherwise I'd be buying 3 sets a year. They're actual made-in-america shoes, and they'll do custom sizes and soles, so that's a plus, too.

In brown, they sort of pass as acceptable in my office.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH UltimaDork
9/12/13 2:40 p.m.

I got the feeling he was asking for narrow soles as opposed to thin soles, since the problem is that the pedal box is small.

Lancer007
Lancer007 New Reader
9/12/13 3:18 p.m.

Puma speed cats are nice and narrow. I don't much like wearing them daily but for autocross/hpde they are quite nice.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
9/12/13 10:50 p.m.

The basic Sparco race shoes are comfortable and work great. They look exactly like race shoes, which they are, and they're only $100.

Sparco Race Shoes.

asterisk
asterisk New Reader
9/13/13 1:41 a.m.

Also take a look at Onitsuka Tigers (an Asics brand I think.) They have thin, flexable soles and run narrower in size.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
9/13/13 7:13 a.m.

I like my Speedcats. I also got some New Balance with the Vibram soles. I thought the slightly knobby soles would get caught on the pedals but, they've been fine.

The NB shoes have all sorts of breathable materials and even have mesh between the knobs on the bottom. They work great for people who get sweaty feet (read athlete's foot or dry or itchy feet), but if there is the smallest amount of standing water, your feet will get wet.

beans
beans HalfDork
9/13/13 8:36 a.m.

I used to love wearing my Speedcats in my Miata. Reebok made a kick ass driving shoe as well, I can't remember the name, but I picked them up on closeout for like $20 a pair(bought 3). Nowdays, when I autocross, I just wear my ol' worn in, beat up, grass-stained flat sole shoes. I can't remember what they are, but they are COMFY and are shaped to my foot just as well as those driving shoes I used to wear. Much nicer to walk in, too. A basic Vans flat sole shoe(when broken in) is pretty comfy, too.

EDIT: Just got drift cats and some lab 2's for $66 shipped using that coupon code in the link!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JLYcP58gxAA3sTqdzS89YEPdIFnuPAwxqaGLJk2RB5DH9R02PKgQ6JG8CkZBArKC