JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/2/21 8:14 a.m.

"Understand, this is all happening within about a 90-minute window,” explains Mark Stevens. He could be talking about a drive to the airport, or a leisurely dinner, or a couple of episodes of his favorite TV show. 

But in this case, Mark is describing how he went from first becomin…

Read the rest of the story

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/2/21 8:15 a.m.

You are using the term "hides" rather loosely here... 

BA5
BA5 Reader
7/2/21 10:23 a.m.

I spy with my little eye..... a lot of hours on an mill!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
7/2/21 10:52 a.m.

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of the "flares"

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
7/2/21 11:07 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

+1

I love box flares, but those are not attractive.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
7/2/21 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Maybe because they aren't box flares?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UltraDork
7/2/21 1:06 p.m.

The front shock mounting is very interesting. Is that so the LCA can be lighter because it doesn't need to deal with the load from the coilover?

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
7/2/21 1:18 p.m.

Looks like a Transformer stuck half way between car and robot.

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
7/2/21 3:19 p.m.

I'd have to agree with the aesthetics critiques here, not a fan of the look.......at all. I guess it's really a case of form follows function to some extent, but I think it could have been handled a lot better.

BA5
BA5 Reader
7/3/21 12:32 p.m.

I think the flares look really cool from certain angles, but they do look kinda goofy from others.

BA5
BA5 Reader
7/3/21 12:32 p.m.

I think the flares look really cool from certain angles, but they do look kinda goofy from others.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/3/21 12:37 p.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

The front shock mounting is very interesting. Is that so the LCA can be lighter because it doesn't need to deal with the load from the coilover?

It looks like a repurposed strut suspension, I would think that the lower ball joint and bottom half of the upright are not designed for chassis loads.  Loading the upper control arm makes sense, because that puts the loads into the upright how it was engineered to.

Countingcrowbars
Countingcrowbars UltraDork
7/4/21 11:25 a.m.

Let me guess... Ls powered? Don't have the unlock yet. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/4/21 11:28 a.m.

In reply to Countingcrowbars :

Worse, Coyote.  That means there is no mounting hole in the block for the clutch linkage AND there is no place for a power steering pump to attach.  wink

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/5/21 2:12 p.m.

Not pleasing to my eye.  I've seen a ton of custom Mustangs, and this one got beat with an ugly stick.  I get form over function, but when you spent this much on function, to ignore form seems purposeful.

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
7/5/21 2:37 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to Rodan :

Maybe because they aren't box flares?

Agreed. Flares would have looked nice, but this is just moving the fenders and quarter panels ~8" outboard, with no smooth transition to the doors.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/5/21 3:01 p.m.

I for one welcome our Hoonicorn of autocross overlords. 

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
8/9/21 9:09 p.m.

The magazine cover photo of this car - is one of the best cover photos I've seen. Nailed it.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic Reader
2/23/22 2:43 p.m.

I've seen it done before 1965-1966 Widebody Mustang Kit in Carbon Fiber but that car was only widened something like 2" If he had figured out how to space out the doors and be able to open them, and added quad headlamps with a widened headlight bezels, and finished the front and back, It would look great.

Which direction are the loads going into the top threaded rod end?

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
2/23/22 4:55 p.m.

Easy to see the look he was going for.

Harvey
Harvey SuperDork
2/26/22 12:09 p.m.

I think it's pretty cool. Needs a little more livery or something to break up the rear quarters.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZTYKpvOXYT6kt3yPy3jfHxLmKHXtm9gWiLyhO6uK5nyXvrgzhfL4QItvcmuT5KXu