1 2
t25torx
t25torx Dork
8/9/16 9:06 a.m.
singleslammer wrote: Nice score! I would have been hard pressed to not go get that and beg forgiveness later. Why on earth would you spray over vinyl?

I figure the silver matte wrap was too expensive, so he got white which is the least expensive, then a couple rattle cans latter he has the E36 M3ty silver matte finish he wanted.

dculberson said: Awesome buy! Hopefully you find good paint under the vinyl.

Well I know the passenger quarter panel has been replaced with a red one, and the rest of the car is black. With the Front fenders needing replacing, I'm probably going to end up with 4 different colored panels on the car in the end, so repaint is in order. But I was thinking, I have some Tangerine Orange Pearl paint I bought for my old 3rd gen but never used, I may end up using it on this car. IF I added the Z06 flares..

Here's the paint on an NSX model car I painted with it.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/9/16 9:10 a.m.

An appropriately lurid color for a Corvette. I love it. I hope you offer this for sale here first; I doubt I'll be in the market yet but I've always loved the C6. But you do what works for you!

java230
java230 Dork
8/9/16 9:11 a.m.

Wow, that should be fun.

Is it bad I kinda like the side pipes

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
8/9/16 10:01 a.m.

Repo? Good gawd, he must have taken the bank for a ride.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
8/9/16 11:18 a.m.

On the way home, did you say "I just bought meself a crackin C6?"

Perhaps more importantly, is there an "Ed" at your residence or is fixing this on you?

docwyte
docwyte Dork
8/9/16 11:26 a.m.

Make it a harlequin C6!

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
8/9/16 11:38 a.m.

I think that orange is just on the right side of obscene enough for this car. Make it happen.

I'm afraid to ask, but just how bad is the interior?

t25torx
t25torx Dork
8/9/16 12:56 p.m.
ssswitch wrote: I think that orange is just on the right side of obscene enough for this car. Make it happen. I'm afraid to ask, but just how bad is the interior?

Surprisingly it's pretty clean. It's missing the radio, but the leather seats are clean with no rips or fading. The silver trim is a little rough also so i was thinking of painting it piano black gloss.

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
8/9/16 1:12 p.m.

sell body panels, buy some tubing...

t25torx
t25torx Dork
8/9/16 1:43 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: On the way home, did you say "I just bought meself a crackin C6?" Perhaps more importantly, is there an "Ed" at your residence or is fixing this on you?

Ha, it's not a crackin' motor just yet, but it will be once I am done. But I was super excited to get it down $700 from his asking price and had a huge smile on my face all the way home.

As is the case with all my Wheeler Dealering, I play the parts of both Mike and Ed, so it's all up to me which direction this thing goes.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UberDork
8/9/16 2:37 p.m.

This should be fun to watch.

Harvey
Harvey Dork
8/9/16 3:36 p.m.

Who the heck does that to a Vette? Side pipes of stupidity. Just so much wrong. Good score though for you.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/9/16 4:29 p.m.

Really like that orange paint. I hope you do that.

Kartoffelbrei
Kartoffelbrei UltraDork
8/9/16 4:39 p.m.

The PO must be one hell of a shiny happy person.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
8/9/16 5:59 p.m.

Awful car, nice score. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
8/9/16 6:40 p.m.

Orange, side dumps, Z06 fenders and blacked out stock wheels and it would look crackin.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/23/16 11:36 a.m.

Any updates? Is this an official episode yet?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/23/16 11:40 a.m.

uhhhh, did it come with a title or bill of sale? Because my three wheeler was stolen when I was a kid and when we got it back it looked really similar.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
9/23/16 8:00 p.m.

This one is on hold till I get my shed build finished. Once that gets finished I can move all the crap occupying the second garage bay into it and free up that spot for working on the car. The other bay has the Daytona in it so it's not usable either.

I have picked up a few parts for it already though, like a transmission and a full exhaust.

And yes it has a clear title.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/23/16 8:38 p.m.

Damn....you stole this thing.

maj75
maj75 Reader
9/23/16 10:27 p.m.

Of course Carfax is worth exactly 0. We just purchased a '01 Z06 with a "clean Carfax." Pulled the front bumper to find the impact beam at the front of the frame crushed.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JxhbsRgIqLwUQ7IXNON3zeVxEMaFHgA8tyzGU4HCe0diEcTA2MLgjGVV7FpdlCy3