Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
9/14/19 9:05 a.m.

https://www.raceheel.top/collections/system/products/garage-storage-cabinet-set

$89 and free shipping?

These usually go for much, much more than that.

What am I missing?

Cursory research doesn’t turn up any massive red flags, just the usual unknowns with Chinese made products.

I’m half tempted to get a prepaid visa and buy one to see if it shows up.

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
9/14/19 9:09 a.m.

I dont know, the website doesnt look too promising. Thats all they sell. 

I would skip it. 

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin SuperDork
9/14/19 9:53 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/14/19 9:57 a.m.

If they take PayPal, ill buy them! It would be a very nice home office setup.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
9/14/19 11:09 a.m.

oh, the irony  

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
9/14/19 11:21 a.m.
Steve_Jones said:

oh, the irony  

Lol

lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
9/14/19 11:31 a.m.

There seems to be a lot of these lately.  

99 dollar 10 x 16 sheds and other stuff. 

I am seeing them as ads on FB. Surprised fb is allowing them.  Sad. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
9/14/19 11:37 a.m.

At a racetrack this summer someone had smaller type boxes with a sign for the price.  (Don’t want to throw anyone under a bus)

i walked up to the $250 price and was impressed but I misread the “per month” X 24 months.  Doh!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/14/19 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

That is SOP for storage shed people.  

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
9/14/19 12:43 p.m.

My wife bought a 70 buck large photo frame. Same sort of online deal from China. What she got was a red plastic coin purse of the gumball-trinket quality level. Upon disputing the charge, the sellers disputed right back. Seems there is a fair bit of crookery ongoing in this area. 

TJL
TJL Reader
9/14/19 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Stefan :

Its not not a scam. 

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
9/14/19 8:08 p.m.

Ran across something along the same lines as that. Website selling brand name top line guitars for really cheap. Gibson Les Paul's for less than $110, if I remember right. Slash autographed limited edition Les Paul's for $150. Fenders, Gretsch's and a couple other popular name brands. Hundreds to thousands off retail. One of the catches was limited time and a clock was ticking on the site. Kept looking for the big catch and almost bit for a Les Paul as I already have a Strat clone and an SG was double the price. Tried to go back the next day but was site was gone.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/14/19 8:11 p.m.

That ad has been showing up with a variety of pinball machines attached.I'm sorely tempted to order one for lulz. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
9/14/19 9:00 p.m.

Had some friends each buy a gallon jug of clear epoxy coating from China for ~$8 on eBay. It showed it shipped & about a week later showed it was delivered - but it never actually arrived to either of them. They each filed a complaint on eBay, but the sellers just closed their store only for the listing to pop up from a new seller. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RnIuyaFjIByiiOkf9amGjJKFqbKPgnylRsAlVx6zJRDFRkHOgN76prBGF9Dhs724