13 14 15
glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/9/20 6:32 a.m.

Perhaps a subgroup of parts for sale?  Specific items with proceeds to GRM?  

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/9/20 11:24 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

Note to self:  Friday call GRM, resub, and get a T-shirt.  If I fail to do so, I owe the first person to claim it Saturday equal value in GRM swag.

Done for 2 yrs and added a Classic Car sub too.  Might as well check it out.  Then I went and bought some more merch.  We need to keep the best automag left in business.  It's kind of sad what has happened in the past few years with everything migrating to 140 characters and youtube influencers.  A lot of good car guys on youtube, but there are a lot of really popular ones that can't begin to compete with the knowledge base and skills on this forum or represented in these pages. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/10/20 9:49 a.m.

Just signed up for a 10 year subscription, and a year of Classic. Also did the $3 Patreon thing, hopefully that will only be a month long subscription but we'll see.

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/10/20 10:46 a.m.

Got the new sweatshirt and t-shirt the other day. Really liked the sweatshirt. Great fit. I will probably get another. 

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/10/20 12:32 p.m.
glueguy (Forum Supporter) said:

Perhaps a subgroup of parts for sale?  Specific items with proceeds to GRM?  

What if we just post things for sale in the for sale section, noting that proceeds will be given to GRM?

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
4/10/20 10:13 p.m.

Just renewed my sub to Grm and CM.  Thanks for all you guys do. I remember picking up a copy of GRM on a whim  and reading about Downing Atlanta supercharged E30s on the porch 20 something years ago and just thought "Finally I found the place where the real car people hangout". Y'all have always been around for my car enthusiast years and we all owe it to you to throw some money your way.

twentyover
twentyover Dork
4/11/20 9:53 a.m.

I'd up for a 10 year subby, but I did that 2 years ago, and another 10 would make me 82 years old when the sub ran out. Don't think I'll make it that long. When did I get old?

As a matter of record, I'm on my second 10 year, I did the first in 2008(?) when you pitched it to raise capital for something or other.

Mustang50
Mustang50 Reader
4/11/20 11:40 a.m.

How are you guys doing financially?   Do you qualify for one of those SBA loans?   Is your printer still open?  Any idea when the next issue will be mailed?  I've been reading old issues just to pass the time.   This not what I expected retirement to be like.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
4/11/20 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Mustang50 :

We're doing okay. I was raised by parents who grew up in the depression, and Tim's mom grew up in E. Germany during WWII, so we are naturally scrimper/savers who have worked hard to pay off all our debts. So we have some room, between owing nobody and our savings. The big wild card is how long, and how deep, the recession gets.

We do qualify for an SBA paycheck protection loan and I have applied, since keeping our peeps employed is our main concern. (And something I intend to do regardless.) Thankfully we have some resources to rely on until that (hopefully) comes through. Our printer is still operating as an essential business. So we are cautiously, um, not optimistic, but let's say nonpessimistic? Using projects, food and alcohol to manage the stress, like everyone else lol.

What I did not plan on was the outpouring of support, both emotional and financial, from this board. I wake up every morning thinking, "I have to post something to express my thankfulness and appreciation," then I don't because I just don't have the words. And anyone who knows me knows I have a LOT of words. (The best words.) All I can say is that I will work hard to be worthy of it, though I doubt it's possible.

As for next issue, we are actually right on schedule since our awesome staff went to WFH without missing a beat. May GRM mailed last week, so you should start seeing copies in mailboxes the end of this coming week or next week.

Margie

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
4/11/20 2:47 p.m.

Awesome!  We really appreciate it Margie.

Mustang50
Mustang50 Reader
4/11/20 2:55 p.m.

Thank you Margie, and all of your staff.   Reading this board is one of the few things I have to look forward to while we are under house arrest from this virus.  

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/3/20 8:57 a.m.

Anyone else having a Patreon problem now that we're on month 2?

It seems like any payment method I enter is declined. While switching payment methods, it dropped GRM from my pledges. Can't add it back because, well, my payment methods are declined.

Edit: And the institutions at the other end of those payment methods don't show an attempt.

Looking at their https://twitter.com/PatreonSupport/with_replies twitter support feed, I'm not the only one. Compared to most support pages, it looks kinda bad.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/3/20 9:34 a.m.

My 2nd month went thru ok.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/3/20 9:39 a.m.

Same 

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/3/20 4:38 p.m.

Worked for me

revvhappy
revvhappy New Reader
5/3/20 4:53 p.m.

Happy to support the only magazine I read from cover-to-cover each issue. In for 10 years.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) UberDork
5/3/20 5:30 p.m.

In addition to GRM I am supporting half-a-dozen newspapers by subscribing to their online editions. Sure they're prone to occasional bias, but someone's got to fill us in.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
5/3/20 5:36 p.m.

My Patreon went through on May 1 with no problem, I see it in an e-mail notification from P, and when checking my bank account balance online.

Maybe I *do* want a tag?

"Paperless".   :D 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/3/20 5:53 p.m.

I've been dropping in to the account throughout the day to hit retry, and it just keeps failing.
I just switched it back to the first payment method, and it went through this time.  I'm back in.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/3/20 7:51 p.m.
klipless (Forum Supporter) said:

Thanks for adding the 10 year option to the subscription page. I'm betting that you guys will come out the otherside a-okay.

I'm in for 10! 

I had thought about it, but I'm not sure I'll be around that long.  I still have a few years on the current 10 year sub.  

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass New Reader
5/3/20 10:19 p.m.

Im just seeing this post, not a very active member here.

I just ordered a 2 year subscription this past Friday (see my Shoutout to Nancy thread!) and had her add some stickers (4 total) to my order. Didnt ask the price, just knew I wanted them.

We all need to make an effort to the support the ones who we enjoy. Be it a restaurant, coffee shop, or car mag. Support as much as you can or one day they wont be there for us.

Hope what I did on Friday helped out.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass New Reader
5/3/20 10:23 p.m.

Also, just opened up your YT page and am playing videos in the background. Hope that the extra views helps bring in some more money for you guys

I need yall around for a few more years, wanting to build a 20XX Challenge car one day!

13 14 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PCKwGD52lNE9oVl4Vah7KvhsKvaCF1lgUodNpOPMxyAapQRP8TjcK8I6ZLleexCm