1 2
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/6/21 10:58 p.m.

40... but I'm about to get another boat/trailer, so 42.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/6/21 11:00 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

54 on the ground

16 on trailers

45 on cars

36 on bikes, mowers, toys

3 on wheelbarrows

That's 154.  Damn I hate threads like this.

You secretly love them, though.  :)

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
11/6/21 11:21 p.m.

80 on vehicles at the compound. Add 12 for vehicles parked elsewhere. No way I'm counting sets stored. Ugh, nightmare.

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury Reader
11/6/21 11:31 p.m.

80-ish, but adding spares and trailer tires, etc, pushes it slightly above 100... 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/7/21 3:18 a.m.

Thanks everyone - you've convinced me I have much less of a problem than I thought I did! 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/7/21 4:26 a.m.

Truck 8
Impreza 9
MR2 8
Cadillac 5
BRZ 20
Motorcycles 10
Trailer 6

So, a nice even 66.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/7/21 5:01 a.m.

Commute cars - 9

Fun street cars - 8

Extra wheels for fun street cars with tires- 8

Mopeds - 4

Trailer -3

Non-street racecar - 8 (that I could drive on)

32 not counting the racecar, 40 if you do.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/7/21 5:10 a.m.

I am at 30 on registered and operable vehicles but honestly have no idea how many I have loose, spare, or on human powered vehicles. At least another 25. I bet there's more though. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/7/21 7:12 a.m.

Three registered cars and one trailer makes 14.  15 if you count the spare.

I really should get the trailer tires replaced under recall smiley  Keep putting it off.

+4 if you also count the winter tires for the Volvo, which just got mounted on Friday, ensuring warm sunny days until March.

Now, if you want to talk competition tires... the red car has a set of rally tires and a set of Hoosier rains, mounted balanced and ready to go.  +8

The black car has actually been driving on its competition tires because I don't feel like changing tires if I am only driving 150mi each way, but it has ten other mounted/balanced tires.  As well as additional other hoops that I am not using because I don't have enough wheels.

....and there are roughly 24 mounted/balanced wheels and tires for cars that do not run yet.  I say roughly because I can barely pin it down...

imgon
imgon HalfDork
11/7/21 7:13 a.m.

This is timely, a friend and I were just wondering if we had a problem. Both of us have numerous sets (6+) of wheels tires for just our race cars. I can now report to him that we are just fine and are on the correct side of the bell curve, Phew!

Race car- (24)- 4 sets of good wheels with stickies, 1 set rains, 1 set of spare wheels with junk tires

Truck- (5)- 1 set plus spare

SWMBO's ride- (9)- Summer, winter, spare

2- Motorcycles- (4)

Enclosed Car trailer- (6) 4 and 2 spares

Open Car Trailer- (5) 4 and 1 spare

Work trailer- (5)  4 and 1 spare

Landscape trailer (3) 2 and 1 spare

Parts car (4)

Grand total 65

No wonder I always feel like I am buying tires. Time to invest in a tire company.

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/7/21 8:26 a.m.
imgon said:

ike I am buying tires. Time to invest in a tire company.

If everybody drops in a couple hundred bucks, we could start a retread shop

WillG80
WillG80 Reader
11/7/21 10:31 a.m.

I'm at 22 not counting spares or extra sets, 16 of which are due for replacement. Ouch. 

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
11/7/21 11:53 a.m.

I'm down to 5.

Mods, suspend me!

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
11/7/21 12:08 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

I'm at35 counting 4 in the boat trailer and 2 on the two wheeler. ( I'm assuming  you're only counting tires that take air. ) 

APEowner
APEowner SuperDork
11/7/21 8:22 p.m.

Let's see.  My wife's car, my truck and the trailer all have 4 plus a spare so 15

Motorcycle has 2 plus 2 on the parts motorcycle so 4

There's 4 race cars with 4 each so 16

That's 35 on vehicles.

That doesn't seem to bad.  However, there are also 20 spare wheels for the race cars all of which have tires on them.  No wonder I feel like I spend a lot of time moving tires around!

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/7/21 9:31 p.m.

On insured vehicles that I can drive today 5x2 = 10, 8x4 = 32, so 42. I think.

I'm feeling a little anxious about it now that this thread came up. Lots of uninsured project cars need new tires.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/7/21 9:38 p.m.

I own winter and summer sets for all my vehicles and 7 are currently on my insurance.

I have a crapload sitting off in the woods because they were charging $25 a tire to dump them at one point.

I also have a lot of cars sitting for parts including 4 70s f series.

So let's do a little math...add those 8, plus the ones that I can remember...

600. No that's not the exact number but it feels like it

Cactus
Cactus HalfDork
11/7/21 10:12 p.m.

I'm not even entirely sure how many vehicles I have. Counting tires is a lost cause. I'm not even sure if all the vehicles have spares.

Counting wheels is a lost cause too, considering many of the tires are junk and I'm also unsure how many are unmounted.

Do you count the atv tire(s) lost in the woods behind my house that aren't technically on my property?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3M5nwQrgN9m2ieqQBg2gwHAsaTb18CIFJXHro3BUsIsBe0JJ2mdwO6dmyK4ieajP