EricM
EricM Reader
11/13/08 1:31 p.m.

So who ever that Scott Jerk is from Va. better have a good time at the bondurant racing school.

pouts

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
11/13/08 1:35 p.m.

There can be only one.

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
11/13/08 1:37 p.m.

Scott Jerk, what an odd name.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/13/08 1:45 p.m.

Well, if you're still interested in attending, Bondurant is offering a hefty discount to the rest of the people who entered our "Win a day at the Bondurant school" contest:

Although there can be only one contest winner, Bondurant and GRM want to thank all the entrants for taking part. As a special offer for contest entrants, the Bondurant school is offering classes at a 40-percent discount. Gift Certificates purchased by 12/23/08 will be valid for courses from time of purchase throughout 2009. Blackout dates apply; must attend within the promotional dates. Offer good for new enrollments only. Bondurant reserves the right to modify or end the promotion early.

And congratulations, Scott!

Margie

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
11/13/08 1:53 p.m.

News Clipping:

A Waynesboro VA. man was found yesterday bound and gagged in the trunk of a 1989 BMW. His identification had been stolen, but the man appeared to be otherwise unharmed. His location was provided by an anonymous caller who commented only that "Bondurant rocked."
SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
11/13/08 1:56 p.m.

Brother of Willie,

Keith
Keith SuperDork
11/13/08 2:03 p.m.

Wow, good deal on the gift certificates. Margie, where do we find more information such as the promotional dates?

I spoke briefly to the Bondurant guys at the Mitty. My wife's interested in going to a "real" driving school. She's done a number of track days and autocrosses, and while she doesn't set lap records she is reasonably quick and smooth. I was wondering how the Bondurant instructors might seed someone like that - the standard auto show question seems to be "can she heel and toe?". The answer is (currently) no, but does this mean she'll get stuck in a group with people who have never driven over 55 mph?

Kramer
Kramer Reader
11/13/08 2:11 p.m.

GRM, thanks for:

1. Letting us know who the winner was

2. Telling us how many entrants there were, and

3. Giving us a consolation prize.

One of my pet peeves is submitting my information for a sweepstakes, and getting nothing except the feeling that I gave someone a free mailing list.

It's nice to know I was one of only 1,600. What are my odds of winning Ed McMahon's check?

(My first reaction, upon seeing an e-mail from GRM and the subject "GRM win a day..." was "I don't even know who won the last thing I signed up for. Why would I want to sign up for another". I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the e-mail.)

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
11/13/08 2:14 p.m.

Aw, shucks Kramer, we've already got you in the mailing list

Keith, I'm trying to get some more info for you.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
11/13/08 7:36 p.m.

For his safety, they also didn't announce who would go if he couldn't make it. MoFo better post some pics!

P71
P71 HalfDork
11/13/08 7:46 p.m.

I will admit the 40% off sounds MIGHTY good! Gonna start perusing...

skrzastek
skrzastek Reader
11/14/08 7:58 a.m.

What a jer......

Oh wait, I WON!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the kind words guys.......

skrzastek
skrzastek Reader
11/14/08 8:03 a.m.

in all seriousness, I was sitting at home with bronchitis/pneumonia (that i got from being outside racing my SM this past weekend), and you know what I feel 100% better now. I would also like to thank GRM for the opportunity to go, and all the support they have given to the enthusiast of the years! Now I have to figure out how to get to Phoenix (and get the time off)

nasaregistrar
nasaregistrar Dork
11/14/08 8:52 a.m.
skrzastek wrote: in all seriousness, I was sitting at home with bronchitis/pneumonia (that i got from being outside racing my SM this past weekend), and you know what I feel 100% better now. I would also like to thank GRM for the opportunity to go, and all the support they have given to the enthusiast of the years! Now I have to figure out how to get to Phoenix (and get the time off)

Congrats Scott... have fun.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
11/14/08 9:12 a.m.

The way the email was worded it almost gave me a heart attack. I thought for an instant that I'd won.

And then reality set in. I never win anything so I don't know why I even entertained the thought that I might have won.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pdeGAc2chkuRlJ0eXZH37W3jhPAOPsXUosXcistN0YuL5GZUJKZtXB18L4b6pks9