1 2
stroker
stroker UltraDork
5/16/19 1:45 p.m.

Does anyone know if the VW VR6 block will attach to a transmission for a VR5?  I'm wondering about whether the transaxle from a B5 VW could be used with a B6 engine...?

Chevy525
Chevy525
9/15/19 1:44 p.m.

In reply to Gingerbeardman :

Ginger - you should include in your list perhaps the two best manual transaxles in existence for higher horsepower vehicles - the Graziano L140 and Ricardo M-7003-GT.

The Graziano came OE in the Lamborghini Gallardo and Audi R8, and the Ricardo in the first gen Ford GT.

Both have been used heavily in high horsepower engine conversions over the years.  They compare favorably to the Porsche options, unless the car is rear engine.

-Chris

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/16/19 2:26 p.m.

saw thread on page 1.   i have excite.

opened latest posts, see new reply to semantics argument from 4 months ago.  i no longer have excite.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
9/16/19 3:58 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

The recent revival status was overlooked and the offending reply has subsequently been deleted. My apologies for your loss of excite.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
9/20/19 7:49 a.m.

Does anyone know what transaxle the Daytona Prototypes used?

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
9/21/19 2:29 a.m.

In reply to Chevy525 :

Eventually I'll get around to adding more to this thread, but right now I have too many irons in the fire. 

stroker
stroker UltraDork
10/19/19 9:49 a.m.

In regards to this topic, I'm doing research on sourcing a O1E (or similar) and coming up with lots of references to "DVZ" or "DVX" or "DHW" gearboxes from VAG but I don't know anything about them.  Is there a VAG technician in The Hive who would be kind enough to help with questions?

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
10/24/19 5:18 a.m.

In reply to stroker :

Not a VAG Melvin, but Scott at Advanced Automotion is an importer/rebuilder of the FWD 01E and knows more about them than anybody else in the U.S. As in, they never were available in this country in any vehicle, only a few models in Canada and Mexico, and Europe is where he imports them from.

If it were me and I wanted good info for my project, I'd be inclined to go directly to the horse's mouth. But that's me.

What I can tell you, based on my own research and data, is that those codes are gearing related (close ratio vs. wide ratio) and R&P ratios. One of those codes has an optional oil pump, which Scott can install on a build for a fee.

wndrllama103
wndrllama103 New Reader
12/3/19 10:57 p.m.

In reply to Gingerbeardman :

The Audi 01A / Porsche G86.00/   G86.01   /  G87.01 is the same as the VW/Audi 012, which does fit the 2.7/2.8 from the same era.
2.7 requires the 11mm trans spacer to work with a 2.7 clutch setup.

red_stapler
red_stapler SuperDork
12/9/19 3:14 p.m.

From what I've been researching, due to a cronched 3rd gear synchro, the Porsche G87.01 is an 01X and not an 01A if that makes any difference?

martiin
martiin
4/24/20 1:45 p.m.

hello i got audi 01E gearbox if some1 need

got 5th gear for 944 with lower ratio

stroker
stroker UltraDork
4/24/20 8:21 p.m.
martiin said:

hello i got audi 01E gearbox if some1 need

got 5th gear for 944 with lower ratio

Where are you?