Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/4/13 5:34 p.m.

I took the roof rack off of the 5 and can't find the trim covers for where it mounts. According to the interwebz, they are part # GJ6A-50-5A1. I've found some places online that have them, but it's looking like $40 shipped for four little 2" x 1/2" pieces of plastic, and that's outrageous.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
6/4/13 5:45 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Anybody have any suggestions?

Pay the $40, don't be outraged, and don't lose them next time.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/4/13 6:13 p.m.

In reply to modernbeat:

I never lost them in the first place. I bought the car with the roof rack installed.

And for $40 I'd rather put 4 pieces of gorilla tape on my roof rails and drink $35 worth of beer. I did it to the light bar holes on the P71, I'll do it again. (E36 M3, I did it to the floor of the Javelin! )

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
6/4/13 6:23 p.m.

I would check some of the online salvage yards that specialize in late model Mazdas. Or local salvage yards. Of course maybe that's where you have gotten these quotes already.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
6/4/13 8:56 p.m.

Call Malloy Mazda at 703-490-8170 and ask specifically for Ray in the Parts Dept.. Maybe you already know him?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/4/13 9:26 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD:

I do not, so I will do that.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
6/4/13 9:59 p.m.

I couldn't remember if you've owned an RX7 before or not.

He gives real good prices to RX7 people and basically has every number for the FD memorized. If you tell him that your RX7-owning buddies recommended him or something similar, hopefully he can do the same for non-RX7 stuff.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/4/13 10:57 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD:

A ported FC and more recently a nice FB AX car. I'll be sure to mention my RX-7 peeps.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
6/4/13 11:13 p.m.

Ray Crowe is the MAN

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/6/13 12:23 p.m.

You guys rock! Ray took care of me for the half the price on those covers and I went ahead and bit for a door lock actuator for the passenger slider, too.

+1 to all of you.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD HalfDork
6/6/13 12:25 p.m.

Awesome! Now you know where to get all your Mazda parts!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/6/13 12:27 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD:

Yes indeed! Wish I had known about him back when I built my FB, he's cheaper than the Mazdaspeed Motorsports program.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5o6IYK2NRG64S0DwsdOhmgQt1o7vMD48EZj48A2bsb0dPDblaaBrffFSpveWSPs3