1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/21/13 10:32 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Is there any chance of a GRM UTCC school? That would solve a few issues for some of us if it could be possible.

Like a hands-on school? We don't have one planned, but NASA's regular HPDE and Time Trial program will get you up to speed.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/21/13 5:47 p.m.

The problem is, the only HPDE in my region, prior to the UTCC, is at Mid Ohio on the same weekend as the Mitty

stan_d
stan_d Dork
3/21/13 9:13 p.m.

What if you car only has 1 seat ? For schools

getfast
getfast Reader
3/21/13 9:42 p.m.

You'll need a two seat car for HPDE. Lead/follow only goes so far, in-car instruction is the key to our whole process.

As for a UTCC school... yes indeed, every NASA HPDE anywhere in the country is technically a UTCC school. ;-)

I owe a few of you some email replies about UTCC driver qual. Been busy setting up for our Homestead-Miami Speedway event this weekend. I'll get back to you early next week at the latest. Thanks and sorry for the delay,

Jon

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
3/22/13 7:06 p.m.

You know every time I have a drill weekend at Homestead Air base there is an event there that you guys are putting on and I am never able to make it there to see anything haha. I always have rental cars that need good thrashings.

Anyways sign me up for the mini-hpde!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
3/22/13 7:07 p.m.

I suppose I should ask where to sign up for the hyperdrive too?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/26/13 2:19 p.m.

NASA Mid Atlantic (http://www.nasaracing.net) should be able to help with the Hyperdrive and the HPDE.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 HalfDork
4/4/13 3:51 p.m.

Looking forward to getting the car out for UTCC again this year. Thanks guys!

We had a great time in 2011, all things considered:

motomoron
motomoron Dork
4/7/13 11:35 p.m.

I'll be back to avenge the hideous day I had in 2011 when "The Worlds Cheapest Radical" suffered terminal fuel starvation problems. It got a Hayabusa motor/bigger brakes/new fuel cell+plumbing/all new electrics last season, and in the past 8 weeks has been stripped to a bare frame and every single piece reconditioned - new bearings, bushings, heim joints, plumbing. I got a set of molds and made a new body that's about 50# lighter, new splitter, diffuser...

I got down to 2'16"s in my e36 M3 w/o aero last summer, so I'm a little excited to come back in the CSR with it running right.

dyintorace
dyintorace UltraDork
4/8/13 7:43 a.m.
motomoron wrote: I'll be back to avenge the hideous day I had in 2011 when "The Worlds Cheapest Radical" suffered terminal fuel starvation problems. It got a Hayabusa motor/bigger brakes/new fuel cell+plumbing/all new electrics last season, and in the past 8 weeks has been stripped to a bare frame and every single piece reconditioned - new bearings, bushings, heim joints, plumbing. I got a set of molds and made a new body that's about 50# lighter, new splitter, diffuser... I got down to 2'16"s in my e36 M3 w/o aero last summer, so I'm a little excited to come back in the CSR with it running right.

Not knowing how fast Radicals are, do you think the car will break 2 minutes?

mr2peak
mr2peak Reader
4/15/13 11:56 p.m.

I really hope you guys invited the "doesn't give a berkeley" rx7

Darren Vannoy
Darren Vannoy Marketing Assistant at GRMWHQ
4/18/13 1:06 p.m.
mr2peak wrote: I really hope you guys invited the "doesn't give a berkeley" rx7

I asked around the office and we are unfamiliar with the car...

Who is it exactly and I would be happy to contact them. Or have them e-mail me and apply. Either way.

Thanks!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/18/13 1:13 p.m.
Darren Vannoy wrote:
I asked around the office and we are unfamiliar with the car... Who is it exactly and I would be happy to contact them. Or have them e-mail me and apply. Either way. Thanks!

http://jalopnik.com/the-zero-berkeleys-given-rx7-is-better-than-any-car-you-ll--143407124

Since he got his week of fame, he put the car up for sale, so i don't know if he still has it or not.

I'd like to see the car show up, so we can see it get ghetto-stomped by a Xidas-wearing Miata with bolt ons.

Darren Vannoy
Darren Vannoy Marketing Assistant at GRMWHQ
4/18/13 1:42 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
Darren Vannoy wrote:
I asked around the office and we are unfamiliar with the car... Who is it exactly and I would be happy to contact them. Or have them e-mail me and apply. Either way. Thanks!
http://jalopnik.com/the-zero-berkeleys-given-rx7-is-better-than-any-car-you-ll--143407124 Since he got his week of fame, he put the car up for sale, so i don't know if he still has it or not. I'd like to see the car show up, so we can see it get ghetto-stomped by a Xidas-wearing Miata with bolt ons.

Thanks for that. I'm gonna try and contact him to see if he still has the car or not. If he does, it would be very cool to have something like that at the UTCC among the other cool, unique stuff we have confirmed already. That RX-7 is on another completely unique scale though! I'll keep you guys posted.

mr2peak
mr2peak Reader
4/18/13 9:43 p.m.

Yup that's the car! I hope passing tech isn't an issue...

Storz
Storz HalfDork
5/10/13 6:33 a.m.

What's the skinny on just coming up for the day to watch?

getfast
getfast Reader
5/10/13 7:45 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Regarding spectators, I just got the official word from Chris Cobetto, NASA Mid Atlantic's head chief: Absolutely. The track has a nominal gate fee of $10 but all are welcome. Camping is allowed as well. For the weekend it's $35 per tent or $50 per camper however there are no hook ups. Also if someone is staying through the weekend for only $50 they can participate in a mini HPDE called a Hyperdrive where they will get to drive their own car for 20min on VIR full course with professional in-car coaching. Rides will be available as well with our seasoned instructors on Saturday and Sunday. Should someone like to try their hand at a full weekend of track driving at VIR they can register for an award winning NASA Mid Atlantic High Performance Driving Event (HPDE). Several hours of track time with professional coaching for less than $400.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/10/13 7:55 a.m.

Is the field set yet? I think the E30 of Doom will be ready and the 19th happens to be my birthday.

Can I race the NASA weekend and just stay for the UTCC? It's a long tow just to do a one day deal.

getfast
getfast Reader
5/10/13 8:18 a.m.

Sure, registration for post-UTCC weekend activities opens next week linked from nasaracing.net

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
5/12/13 5:38 p.m.

In reply to Storz:

Certainly. My wife and a friend will likely be coming down for the day (I will be working for NASA-MA all weekend).

There may be a charge at the gate, but since I don't see it on the list of spectator events on the VIR page, I don't think so. The days schedule should be posted mid-week before the actual event, at www.nasaracing.net.

getfast
getfast Reader
5/12/13 5:40 p.m.

It's usually $10, collected by the track starting on Friday morning, nothing to do with NASA...

Storz
Storz HalfDork
5/13/13 6:24 a.m.
mistanfo wrote: In reply to Storz: Certainly. My wife and a friend will likely be coming down for the day (I will be working for NASA-MA all weekend). There may be a charge at the gate, but since I don't see it on the list of spectator events on the VIR page, I don't think so. The days schedule should be posted mid-week before the actual event, at www.nasaracing.net.

Awesome, thanks!

getfast
getfast Reader
5/13/13 1:21 p.m.
getfast wrote: Sure, registration for post-UTCC weekend activities opens next week linked from nasaracing.net

Done... http://www.nasaracing.net/?page_id=2703

getfast
getfast Reader
5/13/13 1:22 p.m.

Note: UTCC registration is separate, the link will be emailed.

kanaric
kanaric New Reader
5/21/13 4:35 a.m.

wish I didn't have to go across the country to go lol

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bBBHQPYUw5qrN5h3qmlsESJ3iDlDOg4bfkIXNqMhaSN2UwPwaPbCBLnCrDgC3nv2