jimiday
jimiday New Reader
12/26/13 2:25 p.m.

The 2014 rules for the Ultimate Street Car Association (USCA) are posted at http://ultimatestreetcarassociation.com/usca-rules/

Our rules are constructed to:

Emphasize safety, education and fun

Highlight real street cars

Encourage participation for all skill levels

Provide a consistent event format

​We realize that the rules will not please everyone - in fact, they may not please a lot of people. We have utilized our co-founders extensive professional event knowledge and experience (over 50 years), along with that of our master level sponsors and others, both within and outside of the industry, to create a ruleset that focuses on safety, organization, real street cars, and a fun and inviting spirit of performance street car gatherings. Our goal is to provide world-class performance street car events to owners of all years, makes and models and of all skill levels from beginner to expert.

If you have questions regarding the 2014 rules, please email me, Jimi Day - Co-founder, at info@ultimatestreetcarassociation.com.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
12/26/13 9:34 p.m.
  1. Vehicles may be entered into one (1) of three (3) entry categories: a. Platinum entry-to compete for all awards and accumulate USCA points toward an invite to OUSCI b. Gold entry-to take part in all weekend activities but not compete for any awards or points accumulation c. Silver entry-participation in the Road Rally and Design & Engineering segments only (entry categories may not be changed upon the start of the road rally segment)

Clarify what the "gold" entry is. When will the registration fees be announced?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/27/13 11:03 a.m.

With gold, you only get bragging rights. You're not competing for the win.

USCA just posted this to their facebook page. Would that Lotus 2-11 be considered a street car?

jimiday
jimiday New Reader
12/28/13 7:51 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: 3. Vehicles may be entered into one (1) of three (3) entry categories: a. Platinum entry-to compete for all awards and accumulate USCA points toward an invite to OUSCI b. Gold entry-to take part in all weekend activities but not compete for any awards or points accumulation c. Silver entry-participation in the Road Rally and Design & Engineering segments only (entry categories may not be changed upon the start of the road rally segment) Clarify what the "gold" entry is. When will the registration fees be announced?

Registration fees will range from $400 to $500 per weekend, depending on the venue. Registration will be open mid-to late January on the USCA website.

jimiday
jimiday New Reader
12/28/13 7:53 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: With gold, you only get bragging rights. You're not competing for the win. USCA just posted this to their facebook page. Would that Lotus 2-11 be considered a street car?

Just based on the picture, I would guess it would not be eligible to participate, however, if it's street legal, licensed and registered, and not built specifically for competition, we would consider it.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/28/13 1:07 p.m.

Thanks for weighing in.

It's not really a competition car, as it's not built to a specific class. It's only for track days. It's road-legal in the UK, but not the US.

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist New Reader
12/28/13 2:11 p.m.

Curious as to the rules that don't allow kit cars or reproductions but the Ride tech Factory Five Ford seems to be addressed as allowing open wheels for cars pre 1934. Do Factory Five cars have OEM affixed VIN plate? It would be a shame to not allow a street oriented car that has consistently placed well in OUSCI.

I could see some kit cars being a bit of a "Ringer" possibly like Ultima,GT40 replicas and such but Cobra replicas,FF 818 and Exocets would be nice to see how they compare to production based cars ala Street Touring. If the 211 shown in the above picture is allowed (with no headlights/turn signals,windshield,wipers,interior finishing,roof, windows etc... ) then it seems a very similar car like the 818 or Exocet wouldn't be a stretch.

Cars that don't have headlights, a windshield or wipers or unfinished interiors with loud exhaust and rock hard suspensions may lose some points in some areas but would be illegal to drive at night or in the rain and would be terrible to drive on the street.

Warren v
Warren v HalfDork
12/28/13 2:25 p.m.

The majority of states don't require windshields or wipers. As far as being terrible to drive on the street, I think of them as motorcycles that don't high side, and then they become awesome. The real hazard is the people that constantly pull out their cellphones to take a picture while driving. I've actually been blocked in by a group of cars for a half-mile or so and wasn't able to change lanes to take an exit due to all the picture-takers.

Zeitgeist
Zeitgeist New Reader
12/28/13 4:13 p.m.
Warren v wrote: The majority of states don't require windshields or wipers. As far as being terrible to drive on the street, I think of them as motorcycles that don't high side, and then they become awesome. The real hazard is the people that constantly pull out their cellphones to take a picture while driving. I've actually been blocked in by a group of cars for a half-mile or so and wasn't able to change lanes to take an exit due to all the picture-takers.

Warren, I would like to see the Exocet and some other kit cars allowed in USCA. I plan on building one late 2015 as a retirement present for street and trackday use. As much as a fan as I am for the Exocet and I don't think it would ride bad on the street since it is Miata based. It has to be considered a fair weather vehicle. I don't know anyone who wants to drive an open car in the rain legal or not. The Exocet and other kit cars have fenders but the FF 34 Ford that runs the USCI and has no fenders is illegal in states that require fenders in rain and some that require fenders regardless. My point is that the competition has "Street" in the title and some of the rules and points allow illegal cars or modifications or at the least minimal to no penalty for features that on the street would really suck the fun out driving.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KSkdT4GRBtw6OQZ4e8wk0M2GTNwCZGhFTi7OIlOMxStMNwMKEzHSNKh4hhOjf4sB