Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Reader
1/21/20 11:40 a.m.

Yesterday on my way home I saw a '80s Dodge truck with a late model Lightning bed inexpertly installed.  It was (badly) painted white and had brownish-red spots painted on it.

Reminded me of those freckles you see on red and white Irish Setters.

I'll try for a pic next time I see it.

glueguy
glueguy Dork
1/21/20 12:34 p.m.
irish44j said:

And not quite as rare, but not a very common commuter these days..Lexus SC400

Comparing it to the Ford next to it, I am always amazed by how much larger cars are today.

My own take - my "full-size" 99 GM 1500 compared to a newer Ford.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
1/21/20 4:08 p.m.

this terrific Volvo has been parking in our lot at work lately.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
1/21/20 5:33 p.m.

there was a real Mercedes 300SL Gullwing on the 405 freeway south around Culver City this afternoon, even had some  millemiglia stickers on it !

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
1/21/20 9:40 p.m.

Ford Windstar, Dodge D150 Ram.

MTechnically
MTechnically Reader
1/21/20 9:45 p.m.

Saw a blacked out Rolls Royce Cullinan on the way home today. Didn't manage to get a picture, but I think I'm doing all of you a favor in that. Still odd to drive close to something worth more than my house.

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
1/22/20 5:55 p.m.

Ford Probe GTS, mid 90s Camry Wagon.

imgon
imgon HalfDork
1/22/20 7:31 p.m.

Crappy pic, Saw this King Ranch Dually Excursion at a used car lot in NH last week, pretty cool looking truck

b13990
b13990 Reader
1/22/20 8:58 p.m.
nderwater said:

this terrific Volvo has been parking in our lot at work lately.

Saw that car not too long ago, I think. It was near that building, on the stretch of I-85 / I-75 just south of where GA400 starts. Really classy-looking vehicle.

rico750sxi_2
rico750sxi_2 New Reader
1/22/20 9:55 p.m.

A guy I work with rotates between a 68-72 C10, 1st gen Mercury Cougar, and a late sixties/earlier 70's Vista Cruiser wagon. The wagon is cherry, the truck is ratty, the cougar is a nice driver. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/23/20 6:31 a.m.

I saw a young guy in a 5 door Chev Citation yesterday.

I haven't seen an X car of any brand in 20 years, I'm sure.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
1/23/20 9:48 a.m.

The other day I saw an early 90s Plymouth Sundance on my drive home. I recognized the taillights from a distance and kept my speed up enough to verify. I can't remember the last time I saw one.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Reader
1/25/20 1:44 p.m.

The more you look, the worse it gets

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ Dork
1/26/20 9:43 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I saw a young guy in a 5 door Chev Citation yesterday.

I was out for a walk while working in Portland, OR a couple years ago and stumbled on TWO Citation X11’s and their owners chatting at a park.  I remarked how it had been many many years since I’d seen an X11.  They both started going on and on about the legendary race history of the Citation X11 and how the engines were made by hand and how Chevy didn’t want anybody to know but the X11 was massively faster than the Corvette.  They were very nice guys but after a few seconds it became clear they were both huge stoners.  The pot stench was incredible.  Not that there’s much wrong with that in my opinion - since they weren’t actually driving.

Shadeux
Shadeux HalfDork
1/26/20 4:58 p.m.

Not my pic, but I saw one of these the other day. It was kind of a ruby color, mostly there with some clear-coat damage.  Seemed stock, and no oil smoke.  Pretty wild, seemed a survivor.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/26/20 5:31 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:
Streetwiseguy said:

They were very nice guys but after a few seconds it became clear they were both huge stoners.  The pot stench was incredible.  Not that there’s much wrong with that in my opinion - since they weren’t actually driving.

You'd have to be totally baked to think any X car was fast or fun to drive in anything approaching stock form.

<<<<<< Took Driver's Ed in an X car

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Reader
1/28/20 10:32 a.m.

Didn't look like much, but it sounded good.  I was also very intrigued by the thought that someone would put arduino and raspberry pi stickers next to MSD, Edelbrock, and the rest.

Wanted to talk to him about it pretty bad.

noddaz
noddaz SuperDork
1/31/20 10:41 a.m.

Yellow Mr2, Arnold Maryland area.

With wing!

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
2/3/20 9:45 p.m.

Stock, almost rustfree EG Civic hatch on 13 inch steelies, TSX Wagon, 70s Toyota 2wd pick up, 90s 300zx, two door 90s Cherokee, 400E Mercedes Sedan.

CAinCA
CAinCA New Reader
2/3/20 11:27 p.m.

I saw a clean Ford Maverick tonight. I haven't seen one in a few years.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
2/4/20 1:20 a.m.

Been seeing a late 70s Austin Marina on my way home lately.

No pics because driving.

Slippery
Slippery UltraDork
2/4/20 5:45 a.m.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/4/20 5:51 a.m.
imgon said:

Crappy pic, Saw this King Ranch Dually Excursion at a used car lot in NH last week, pretty cool looking truck

What's even the point of that?  By the time you need a dually, you're towing something in a 5th-wheel type hitch, and you can't do that with an SUV.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap Dork
2/4/20 5:55 a.m.

Model T in 6:30 am Columbus traffic.

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 Reader
2/4/20 10:01 a.m.

Saw this at my kids school at drop off. If it would have had a big butt, it would have been worth an amazing amount. It does have a 3.8 in it though. 

Also, Derek Hill (son of Phil Hill) is one of the dads at the school. He is really interesting to talk to. Drives Alfas, very cool mellow dude. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QArFuCg0lTsURVqNXuUJgw9EkuY2IP1yUA3yzONR6eJRVDc3Ty9J47HgSphGDQmU