3 4 5 6 7
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UberDork
1/22/18 5:34 p.m.

... 2018 Challenge car. My first ever picture post. Thanks for the change .laugh

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
1/22/18 6:29 p.m.

Testing from my phone.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
1/22/18 7:23 p.m.

Photo test of the daily

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/23/18 8:39 a.m.

Okay I think the aspect ratio issue for vertical mobile photos has been fixed. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/23/18 9:06 a.m.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
1/23/18 9:30 a.m.
dean1484 said:

Wait... speedycop build? Was this at Summit Point? I was there!

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
1/23/18 9:33 a.m.

With this one change you guys have leapfrogged other forum software. The method of uploading the images is great and the WYSIWYG editing makes sense with the photos inline.

My ONLY remaining complaint: please please please get a "go to first new post" button back again! It's tiring to go to the last post in a thread and have to scroll back to find the last one you read then start reading forward again. :-) Pretty please with sugar on top. I'll get a 10 year subscription if it happens.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/23/18 9:34 a.m.

Yep. Thanks for the quick fix!

grover
grover Reader
1/23/18 9:51 a.m.

this is super helpful 

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/23/18 10:02 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you guys like it. 

And yes, that button is still on the to-do list. It’s a long list though. 

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler UberDork
1/23/18 10:04 a.m.
dculberson said:

With this one change you guys have leapfrogged other forum software. The method of uploading the images is great and the WYSIWYG editing makes sense with the photos inline.

My ONLY remaining complaint: please please please get a "go to first new post" button back again! It's tiring to go to the last post in a thread and have to scroll back to find the last one you read then start reading forward again. :-) Pretty please with sugar on top. I'll get a 10 year subscription if it happens.

Quoting for truth.  Great work, guys.  Really.  I know I've been critical of the forum software in the past, but you've made great strides.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
1/23/18 10:05 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler :

Yea this instantly went from a forum i loathed using on my phone to a forum I am on way to much while using my phone. A+++

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/23/18 10:23 a.m.
MazdaFace said:

In reply to Tom_Spangler :

Yea this instantly went from a forum i loathed using on my phone to a forum I am on way to much while using my phone. A+++

Awesome! Tell your friends!

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
1/23/18 11:05 a.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:
MazdaFace said:

In reply to Tom_Spangler :

Yea this instantly went from a forum i loathed using on my phone to a forum I am on way to much while using my phone. A+++

Awesome! Tell your friends!

I tell everyone about this damn place lol. I even wear the hat all the time. Even at work selling cars 

Nugi
Nugi New Reader
1/23/18 11:11 a.m.

testing...

 

This is great, but will long epic threads be an issue? How about longevity? Backups? The photobucket apoclypse is still affecting most forums, tutorials... i'd hate to lose grm post photos once they start getting used...

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Reader
1/23/18 11:17 a.m.

In reply to Nugi :

there was a tutorial for the ms6 i wanted to use on another forum but alas, photobucket apocalypse deleted the pictures

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/23/18 11:54 a.m.

Once the pics are uploaded, can someone hotlink to them?

We are a small corner of the internet, but if they can be hotlinked, then you just created a new photobucket with no fees and no storage limits. Don't underestimate the internet  

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/23/18 12:33 p.m.

Looks like they're using AWS so server load shouldn't be an issue, though hosting costs might be if someone hotlinks a ton of very popular images or something.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/23/18 12:59 p.m.
Nugi said:

This is great, but will long epic threads be an issue? How about longevity? Backups? The photobucket apoclypse is still affecting most forums, tutorials... i'd hate to lose grm post photos once they start getting used...

Long threads shouldn't cause a problem. Upload limits are constrained by time, not total uploads. And the reason we embarked on this project was because of the Photobucket apocalypse. We can say confidently that we will never suddenly lock anyone out.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
1/23/18 1:01 p.m.

It's like magic!

Nice work

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
1/23/18 1:17 p.m.
dculberson said:
dean1484 said:

Wait... speedycop build? Was this at Summit Point? I was there!

Thompson I think.  

APEowner
APEowner HalfDork
1/23/18 1:34 p.m.

This might be the motivation I need to do a build thread on one of my projects.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
1/23/18 1:51 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

Do it!

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/23/18 2:03 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

He took that car to several races and I don't think he ever got really good results out of it. He did get some coverage and maybe a heroic fix trophy or two out of it! I just remember it chugging around the track, running horribly, with an ammo can intake and a one- or two-speed transmission.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
1/23/18 3:14 p.m.

Excellent!

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kZOXCcbHJtmydCESxXu9Ndhcg7otmlJ82OImClKtR5WCyEN5B0uH1ck0hTc98CNm