JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
11/8/21 2:19 p.m.
feature_image

Writing about floor mats as an automotive journalist–especially for an “enthusiast” outlet–always feels a little tricky. After all, floor mats are usually an afterthought. They’re a punch line in a joke about sleazy car salesmen, or something your aunt got you for Chri…

Read the rest of the story

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
11/8/21 8:01 p.m.

I think it might be time for hi-fi cupholders.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/8/21 8:20 p.m.

So do we have a 20-page spread of these floormats slated to go along with the 20 pages of Weathertech ads in the next GRM? ;)

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/8/21 8:52 p.m.
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:

So do we have a 20-page spread of these floormats slated to go along with the 20 pages of Weathertech ads in the next GRM? ;)

Hey, if they're going to help pay the bills, I'm all for it. 

JG Pasterjak
11/8/21 9:40 p.m.
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:

They buy a page in GRM and a page in Classic, but if you know someone there that wants to buy 20 pages, please send them our way. My mortgage company and my hungry ducks would appreciate it.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/9/21 7:51 a.m.

Next they'll cry about floormat companies supporting sanctioned racing series. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/9/21 8:39 a.m.

I am interested enough to ask: is there a referral code to let them know we found out about them through GRM?

But! Their website needs serious help it's awful. At least in Firefox, it's constantly closing the top menus when you're trying to pick your car, and it doesn't seem to work even once you get your car info entered. Yikes.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/9/21 9:24 a.m.

JG, are you suggesting that you need to feed the ducks more?

JG Pasterjak
11/9/21 11:16 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

JG, are you suggesting that you need to feed the ducks more?

I'm suggesting I never want to find out what they'll do should they ever encounter an empty food dish.

procker
procker Reader
11/9/21 12:26 p.m.

So, we've been using this brand for our family vehicles since 2014.  '14 Accord, 18 CR-V, and now our '22 Odyssey.  It's one of the first items we buy aftermarket for the vehicles, and I have never regretted it.  It's these and the Lamin-X headlight and fog light films, to be honest!

We like the way these floor mats compliment the interior, add protection, and provide durability.  They don't look bulky, or rugged, and are easy to install. 

They add a nice clean look, offer great protection from the Northeast Ohio elements, are easy to clean, and fit very well.  Rain, dirt, snow, ice, you name it; does a great job containing it.  The lips are high enough on the edges, and the woven design helps trap dirt/dust well.

The bottoms are very grippy, with a strong loop-and-hook backing, and there are factory positioned click-turn lock holes, too;  they aren't sliding around once they stick to the vehicle's carpeting!

We take them out a few times each year for a soapy scrub, rinse, and air-dry outside. In between the washes, it's an easy clean with some interior cleaner/detailers spray and a wipe. 

The only "downsides" are that they are a little slick when new or freshly treated or new, but nothing too crazy.  I did notice that after 6-7 years, there was some wear marks on the driver's side, where the heel rests when driving, I think it's referred to "delaminating", but it's just the top layer that wears off; the hard shell is still intact.  Lastly, they can be a little bit uncomfortable if you're working on the interior of the car and crawling around on the floor, and the "velcro" fibers on the bottom are a little prickly.

I know it's not a motorsport item, but it's cool to see this produce reviewed here; thanks guys!  I konw a lot of people come here for reviews, advice, and product reccomendations!

iansane
iansane HalfDork
11/9/21 12:52 p.m.

I looked up 5 of my cars and they showed no products for any of them. 3 weren't even listed in the drop down menus. Bummer. They look cool.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/9/21 3:05 p.m.

Their website is a bit weird.  I looked up my car and they are showing me products that they say are only for Tesla's.   I have a Mercedes Benz I don't care about Tesla floor mats.  It also shows me a bunch of products that I then click on (since they came up when I put my car info in) and then it tells me that product will not work with my car.  It makes their site a bit confusing and a bit annoying.    

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/9/21 4:52 p.m.

Their website is kinda terrible and its obvious they are off-shore products with the poorly translated English.

I was finally able to search for my ride and they don't have products to fit my specific model (but at least they note that "no fit RS")

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/9/21 6:41 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

Next they'll cry about floormat companies supporting sanctioned racing series. 

I was just thinking maybe I should start a floormat company. They seem to be pretty profitable :)

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/9/21 8:28 p.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

Do mudflaps as well. There's enough of an overlap and you'll get a large segment of vehicle owners between the two. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2cDPIQtUhJ4qPgwefAfX1o1gq7mYSzkSuT1TajliQw4cE5E5RVS315o9eilazCbr