imgon
imgon New Reader
7/24/13 8:15 p.m.

Some toolbag creamed my wife's fender yesterday and took off, so now we get to pay for it. I am trying to find the same color fender so I can just unbolt the old one and bolt on new one. I've tried local junkyards and car-part.com but no luck finding the correct part. I'm looking for a black passenger fender for an '09 Nissan Rogue, '08-10 should also fit. Does anyone have any sites they can recommend?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
7/24/13 8:15 p.m.

If anyone finds my spleen, haven't seen that little bastard for a little over a year now.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
7/24/13 8:45 p.m.

Hey Chuck!!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Event Marketing
7/24/13 10:16 p.m.

http://bit.ly/1bPcnX6 Found one!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Event Marketing
7/24/13 10:19 p.m.

Oh, never mind–that's a 2011. Odd that there isn't a pre-painted option for the earlier car, too.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
7/24/13 10:39 p.m.

Long shot but worth the inquiry
Drop the keyword Rogue into the AutoParts section of most local CLs

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/25/13 5:42 a.m.

Finding the same color on something that new is a pipe dream. The reason you're not finding many is it is probably part of a good complete or partial front, so they won't list the fender by itself.

The good news is, if it's not metallic, black is black. You can have it painted off the car with no blending.

imgon
imgon New Reader
7/25/13 3:41 p.m.

Thanks for the replies. I am not a body person and have learned from previous attempts at being one that OEM parts sometimes fit properly and the after market ones may fit someone's car but usually not mine. So I am trying to find one I can just bolt on with minimal swearing and blood shed. I recently bought a car to flip and wanted a fender painted and they wanted more to just paint the fender (off the car and prepped) than I paid for the entire car. The dent is cosmetic so I can wait until I find what I want but was surprised that I couldn't find a fender. The ones I have found have been the wrong color. I sent requests to a couple of the car-part people that didn't list a color but no response yet. It makes sense that if the nose is intact a recycler will sell it complete. I'll have to wait for someone to wrack up the left front so I can have their right. I found Paint a Part on Ebay. They have one for a little over $200 painted that seems reasonable but it is an after market panel. Has anyone used these guys and are they any good? I hate being that person that finds out that the deal of the century is no deal at all. I'll keep trolling CL as well. Thanks again for the ideas.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
7/25/13 3:53 p.m.

I'd be looking at having the cheapest used one you can find resprayed.

imgon
imgon New Reader
7/25/13 7:54 p.m.

There are a bunch of black ones listed on car-part but only one that is specifically listed as passenger side and it is local pick up only in CA. There are a couple more that have damage, I have a damaged one already. I sent requests to the others to see if they are the proper side. The last fender I got a quote on was $250 for just painting it and I had to do all the prep work. Paint prices have gone through the roof. If I am going to have to pay big bucks I'll send it to the body shop and have them do it. I was hoping I could find a used OEM for $200- $300 and just do a quick swap. I think if I am patient I might be able to find one.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SkntwriKykkApf9ZLzo2QHqA60SKkUflYzwHhTz5BIwSiW0IlnOZjCG8M44ZBdRy