M030
M030 Reader
8/15/09 2:14 p.m.

A friend of mine is willing to give me his abandoned project - a 1995 "SN95" Mustang coupe. It was a V6/5spd car. He removed the engine and transmission, intending to swap in a 302 V8 and an automatic. He eventually did the sensible thing and just bought a Mustang GT instead.

Since the price is right, I'm thinking of taking on the project and installing a Thunderbird S/C supercharged 3.8L V6 and a 5-speed.

What do you guys think?

belteshazzar
belteshazzar Dork
8/15/09 2:18 p.m.

only if you already have one.

or find a turbolima and make a new(er) interpretation of the SVO

otherwise, he was already on the right track.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/15/09 7:45 p.m.

do you still have the original V6 and 5 speed? they make great turbo kits for them.

M030
M030 Reader
8/15/09 8:08 p.m.

No, if I take the car, it's just a rolling shell - no engine or transmission. I'm not even looking for a Mustang...there's just something about a free car that I can't resist.

alfadriver
alfadriver HalfDork
8/15/09 8:18 p.m.

Mustangs are so common that a v8 drop in should be a piece of cake- from any decent junkyard. A free car can be the ideal challenge car.

E-

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/15/09 9:02 p.m.

yeah, a 5.0 swap is really easy, and super cheap. go have fun!

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
8/15/09 9:26 p.m.

Gut it, cage it, sell off whatever you can, put a 351 in it and make a R Model replica.

dean1484
dean1484 Dork
8/15/09 10:30 p.m.

Toss your ford V8 of choice in it (302 or 351) Have fun!!!

I want to do a home made bullet. My paint scheme would be. Dark green (almost black) in flat finish with flat black lower rockers and what not. Steel 5 or 6 spoke racing wheels with flat black paint and one subtle red pin stripe on the rims.

Add a duel exhaust with crossovers and some type of strait through muffler (I thinking cherry bombs). Possibly add a Saleen front valance and wing. (wife's 94 mustang has it and it looks great)

The_Jed
The_Jed Reader
8/15/09 11:11 p.m.

If the body is in good shape I would pounce on it.

If you find yourself running low on motivation to build it you could always sell it on corral.net or camaromustangchallenge.com. Those guys are always looking for a straight shell.

Will
Will Reader
8/16/09 8:30 a.m.

There are several guys who have done the SC engine swap. I have an SC and I love it but bear in mind that those engines are good for about 450 RWHP tops before they start breaking things, even if you have good components and forged internals. Sometimes they break at lower power levels. However, because the SC uses the M5R2 manual instead of the T5 (due to the SC's awesome torque production) I'm not sure how well that tranny will fit in the Mustang. Do some searching on the sccoa.com forums and you should find some info on that particular swap.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FSZPuW6EQ4HysLerEWM0oHEgNTIZzN3cOQ3j8dwVr1VhuHU6cMtYKB36SmlYAE5c