2 3 4
P3PPY
P3PPY HalfDork
8/18/20 9:47 p.m.

In reply to ColoradoBob :

My brother is not a car guy. He called me one day right after he bought his Odyssey because the windows were all rolled down. I think even his sunroof was open. I asked if he’d let his 5 y/o play with the keys. Sure enough. They don’t roll back up though with the lock button

I’m probably out of the loop on this since I don’t see the insides of many late model cars and maybe tons of them have it now, but I always loved the heads up displays on turn of the century Pontiacs like the 99 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I don’t know why that didn’t catch on more — once you get a feel for your steering wheel controls you literally don’t ever have to take your eyes off the road. 

Those few months there when I had most of the dash removed because I was replacing the heater core in my 2000 Cavalier, at night I would set the instrument panel way up in the dash upside down so I could kinda replicate that effect

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
8/19/20 11:47 p.m.

Doesn't compare to a lot here, but I remember that as a kid I thought it was super cool that the Pontiac 6000 STE had an onboard air compressor.

I was just looking it up, and I guess it had self leveling air rear suspension.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/20/20 12:59 a.m.

I just learned today that my Flex has remote engine start by pressing the wrong button on the fob trying to open the tailgate.

Turbine
Turbine Reader
8/20/20 5:09 a.m.

My parents' Oldsmobile Silhouette had a built in air compressor behind the rear seats 

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/20/20 10:26 a.m.

The Silhouette was also the first minivan with a power sliding door, which played a little song every time you closed it.

iansane
iansane Reader
8/20/20 10:34 a.m.

I just rememberd my buddies old 280zx that seriously sounded like it had a tiny record player somewhere. Instead of the chime for doors, lights etc it had a ladies voice telling you all those things.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
8/20/20 10:50 a.m.

How about these features in a 1967 Chyrsler Imperial Crown? 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
8/20/20 11:06 a.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

I miss proper luxury cars.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XXDlS0CxiQAiIXPoBIWJpsGqUIgeViHmHGk515YV6HViV8Smgrr4IIKMuEhPmr70