1 2
Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
2/13/20 3:14 p.m.

In reply to steronz :

I mean. Realistically all we can do is what he's doing. Whining and complaining. 

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
2/13/20 4:42 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette :

My Black Jack Special is sitting in the Pakard Museum on display, likely never to be raced again  

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
2/13/20 4:48 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

I'm looking for someone who just wants to join me in a weekend or two a year.  The biggest budget hit is the entrance fee.  Used tires, not the latest greatest anything.  Maybe a  wrap or just a good buffing with a fresh coat of wax. 
Doesn't cost money to remove stuff not needed and I've got enough bits to make things fun. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
2/13/20 9:10 p.m.

While it's true that there are some elitist organizations the bulk of vintage racing is club events. If you look back a few years, Goodwood got every Ferrari GTO on the grid, those owners are typified by guys like Nick Mason who simply wants to race a really cool car.

One aspect where I do agree is the "better buy them now" reports in various magazines. I've always been left with the feeling that those features may contribute to rapidly increasing prices. No clue if that opinion has merit but it's how I feel. 

Collectors have be acquiring things like, coins, stamps, paintings, cars  and some of them hide them away forever. Nothing new there. Let's be honest there are only a limited numbers of say 917s that competed at Le Mans and there are loads of wealthy car guys that are willing to pay more than the next guy to have it. 

There are still plenty of interesting old race car available for low bucks; my F500 has some race history and I've got $4500 in it. One of the sister cars just went for $3500. 

You can still find cool cars if you think outside the box.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vTgYEKkrjjI0TBTwl0meYdFIJKpTeVlqACBZh2PcWj9ScOjIpdPFVEBTvblVtGDr