RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
2/19/15 9:03 p.m.

I'm still for AWD cars and came across a 2012 VW Golf R 2-door. I do't know much about these cars at all except that on paper, they seem to be in my wheelhouse. AWD, manual, 4-cylinder turbo. IIRC, they are not as fast as the WRX or Lancer Ralliart. So, what am I missing besides my general wariness of VW products?

Woody
Woody MegaDork
2/19/15 9:38 p.m.

Nice seats.

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
2/19/15 9:46 p.m.

They were not as popular here as they were quite a bit detuned and defeatured from the european version

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
2/19/15 10:25 p.m.

If you want to auto-x it, it's a whiff in stock form. It understeers waaaay too much for an AWD car at the limit for me.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
2/20/15 7:58 a.m.

The detuning that the US cars got means that a simple reflash will net the car HUGE gains in hp and torques. I just took a look at APRs page about it and it looks like 50-100 extra ponies pretty easily.

It should go pretty good then.

captdownshift
captdownshift Dork
2/20/15 8:10 a.m.

and the APR tune also helps with electric nannies as well.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
2/20/15 8:16 a.m.

I wouldn't buy any VW out of warranty.

Jaynen
Jaynen Dork
2/20/15 9:34 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: The detuning that the US cars got means that a simple reflash will net the car HUGE gains in hp and torques. I just took a look at APRs page about it and it looks like 50-100 extra ponies pretty easily. It should go pretty good then.

I know this is true for the new version but is this also true for the 2012 op mentioned?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9I4OsW3tgKyBME3NkprD0t7eby7HPoPrkxg9LbzLURyommGQdV6zk5H5wbyN7thN