1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/27/12 1:23 p.m.

Brat. Have you seen the size of the stickers?

mtn
mtn PowerDork
3/27/12 4:50 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Brat because Subaru. Sometimes, they get bored and just lob somethin' goofy over the fence to see what happens. I generally like that in a car company.

This needs to go in Say What?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
3/27/12 5:57 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Sometimes, they get bored and just lob somethin' goofy over the fence to see what happens. I generally like that in a car company.

Didn't you just describe every French car company?

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/27/12 6:07 p.m.

I do believe I did.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
3/27/12 7:56 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Sometimes, they get bored and just lob somethin' goofy over the fence to see what happens. I generally like that in a car company.

I'd like to see more of this again. My beloved frameless windows are gone... To win back my respect and loyalty, I'd like an optionless, sub-$15k, spiritual successor to the EA81 GL hatch and Justy. Any of the JDM Kei cars will do.

/pipe dream

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
3/27/12 8:00 p.m.

I like brats...with sauerkraut.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
3/27/12 8:00 p.m.

On road, or off road? I have a different answer for each..

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/27/12 8:22 p.m.
ValuePack wrote:
I'd like to see more of this again. My beloved frameless windows are gone... To win back my respect and loyalty, I'd like an optionless, sub-$15k, spiritual successor to the EA81 GL hatch and Justy. Any of the JDM Kei cars will do. /pipe dream

You aren't the only one. Hardly any automaker is even doing anything remotely exciting from a uniqueness standpoint. I remember when the Vehicross came out, I swore that I would own one. Suzuki threw the x90 over the wall, and there were others. Subaru still stands as king though, with the Brat, the SVX (H6!) the Baja (If I could find the unicorn of Bajas, the 2.5XT with his buddy Manuel riding in the footwell) the Forester even was odd when it came out. Problem is, they've all gone through the bland-motron and become like everything else. The Fiat 500 excited me when it first hit my radar, but a closeup look reveals entirely not enough attention to detail in an effort to capture what the MINI clearly won at.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/27/12 8:49 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: On road, or off road? I have a different answer for each..

Drive one on the highway and the other on the median?

LOL

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
3/27/12 9:05 p.m.
FlightService wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote: On road, or off road? I have a different answer for each..
Drive one on the highway and the other on the median? LOL

Buddy of mine in high school had a BRAT. And my high school was on the mainland, across the sound from here:
http://www.outerbanks.org/outerbanks-driving-on-the-beach/

Damn thing was so light we never got stuck.

I guess I'm voting BRAT for Subie weirdness/courage quotient. Five years after the beach thing, girl I dated in college let me use her `79 GL for a weekend so I could get to work while I was waiting for parts on some other POS that was supposed to be my DD.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
3/27/12 10:28 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
ValuePack wrote:
I'd like to see more of this again. My beloved frameless windows are gone... To win back my respect and loyalty, I'd like an optionless, sub-$15k, spiritual successor to the EA81 GL hatch and Justy. Any of the JDM Kei cars will do. /pipe dream
You aren't the only one. Hardly any automaker is even doing anything remotely exciting from a uniqueness standpoint. I remember when the Vehicross came out, I swore that I would own one. Suzuki threw the x90 over the wall, and there were others. Subaru still stands as king though, with the Brat, the SVX (H6!) the Baja (If I could find the unicorn of Bajas, the 2.5XT with his buddy Manuel riding in the footwell) the Forester even was odd when it came out. Problem is, they've all gone through the bland-motron and become like everything else. The Fiat 500 excited me when it first hit my radar, but a closeup look reveals entirely not enough attention to detail in an effort to capture what the MINI clearly won at.

Agreed on all counts. I remember when the '96 Outback hit in '95... "What?! Weird jacked up Legacy wagon?! Right on!" It took a decade, but that neat concept killed the very platform it was based on. And "Subaru's joining the SUV craze? Gross! What a weird bubble/box thing!" I've since owned three Foresters. Sadly, those two contributed to the rise of the "everything HAS to be some weird bloated mutant crossover" glut we live in now. Kudos on the fluid wackiness that was SVX as well. A manual option and a bit less weight, they'd have sold far better. XT and XT6 models still make me stop and stare.

Vehicross was a brilliant departure from the norm. Aztec showed that sometimes ugly can be too ugly, but at least someone took a gamble that made people look twice.

I miss the lightweights, I miss the misers with soul, I miss manual transmissions. Most of all, I miss the ones that sucked the mediocrity out of daily life.

BAMF
BAMF Reader
3/27/12 11:09 p.m.

Brat.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XBKAkHUJdH7IksMlMr0kaafYUT4ONQikspAE3DiaEcUOJwcnVEsXd40oXyEgNAmm