1 2 3 4
CantonRacingProducts
CantonRacingProducts New Reader
1/30/14 3:22 p.m.
SCARR wrote: Curious: Why do you say you could always use more miatas, when if I type "miata" in your search bar.. only 2 products show up? (they are sexy parts, but there is only the 2)

First, because we love miatas here. Second because we offer a lot of parts that aren't really car specific. Such as our Accusump, Filter, Catch Tanks, Filter Adapter etc. Thirdly because we are always looking for new products for all cars. So usually if we advertise with a certain car we can gain valuable information about what other products people are looking for that we can provide.

CantonRacingProducts
1/30/14 3:24 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
CantonRacingProducts wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: Here's mine: Now if they'd just off a baffled pan for the Theta....
Believe it or not I have looked into the Theta motor a little bit. I saw a kia forte koup and fell in love with the look. Almost bought one but just couldn't bring myself to do it.
They do share a lot of stuff with the 4B11 Mitsu motor. I've wondered if the OP for the EVo would fit ours.

I did a lot of research to find out if it was the same pan rail, knowing that the motor is essentially the same over three different platforms. I couldn't really find enough information though. It is still most certainly on my list though.

CantonRacingProducts
1/30/14 3:25 p.m.
Leafy wrote: None of my car photo's belong to me, but. I have better one's off line that were taken at solo nats. My car seems to either be camera shy or break camera's with its ugliness.

If you can get permission from any of the photographers I would use this car in a heart beat. I love crazy aero.

CantonRacingProducts
1/30/14 3:26 p.m.
trigun7469 wrote:  photo image1.jpg

Tons of respect for carTS but we just don't make any parts for them hahaha.

SCARR
SCARR Reader
1/30/14 3:29 p.m.
SCARR wrote: Curious: Why do you say you could always use more miatas, when if I type "miata" in your search bar.. only 2 products show up? (they are sexy parts, but there is only the 2)
First, because we love miatas here. Second because we offer a lot of parts that aren't really car specific. Such as our Accusump, Filter, Catch Tanks, Filter Adapter etc. Thirdly because we are always looking for new products for all cars. So usually if we advertise with a certain car we can gain valuable information about what other products people are looking for that we can provide.

hmm.. I was kinda hoping you were going to get into a fair amount of miata stuff.... and needed testbed.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
1/30/14 3:30 p.m.
FSP_ZX2 wrote: OK...Me too.
I'm not fond of those as street cars but that race trim makes it look so much cooler.

It's a little off the beaten path to be sure, but thanks. It's basically Mazda (BG Protege) underpinnings with a Ford Zetec 2.0. Makes a nice little package with decent power and good parts availability...and you can pick up a whole car for near nothing.

Leafy
Leafy Reader
1/30/14 3:34 p.m.
Leafy wrote: None of my car photo's belong to me, but. I have better one's off line that were taken at solo nats. My car seems to either be camera shy or break camera's with its ugliness.
If you can get permission from any of the photographers I would use this car in a heart beat. I love crazy aero.

I'll contact the correct people.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/30/14 3:35 p.m.
Matthew Huizing wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: OK, here it is
Of course, if you use my photos, I would expect at least an acknowledgement. I guess I need to start adding those watermark things...

I wasn't expecting them to use these exact pics, if they do use your pics I would expect the credit to go to you. Not really an issue for me.

Sorry that you felt slighted

CantonRacingProducts
1/30/14 3:36 p.m.
FSP_ZX2 wrote:
FSP_ZX2 wrote: OK...Me too.
I'm not fond of those as street cars but that race trim makes it look so much cooler.
It's a little off the beaten path to be sure, but thanks. It's basically Mazda (BG Protege) underpinnings with a Ford Zetec 2.0. Makes a nice little package with decent power and good parts availability...and you can pick up a whole car for near nothing.

The front splitter balances out the look of the front I think. I think I don't usually like those front ends because they feel too pointy and narrow. Those Zetec engines aren't too shabby either.

CantonRacingProducts
1/30/14 3:38 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
Matthew Huizing wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: OK, here it is
Of course, if you use my photos, I would expect at least an acknowledgement. I guess I need to start adding those watermark things...
I wasn't expecting them to use these exact pics, if they do use your pics I would expect the credit to go to you. Not really an issue for me. Sorry that you felt slighted

We run into the photographer issue quite a bit. Not a big deal. We usually check with everyone we can to make sure everything is okay first. If need be we don't have an issue throwing the photographers logo on the picture in the ad.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/30/14 4:09 p.m.

Thanks to Canton for getting our readers involved!

And guys...... I hope you are sending high-resolution versions to the email address he listed. Posting them here is cool and all--- but he'll need the original files in order for the images to look "crisp" in print.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
1/30/14 4:22 p.m.

If you're interested in mine, let me know and I can get permissions from the various photographers and generally get high-res versions (some pro, some friends)....

photo PhotobyJeffreyAmman.jpg

photo DSCF7283.jpg

photo PhotobyJeffreyAmman3.jpg

qdseeker
qdseeker Reader
1/30/14 4:36 p.m.

I'll bite......

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/quickdodge/media/rsz_dscn1765.jpg.html][/URL]

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
1/30/14 4:58 p.m.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
1/30/14 6:01 p.m.

As I'm the photographer and it's my car... I'd be happy to swap permission to use the picture for... say... a discount on an accusump... hint hint....

Leafy
Leafy Reader
1/30/14 6:08 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: As I'm the photographer and it's my car... I'd be happy to swap permission to use the picture for... say... a discount on an accusump... hint hint....

And that Camry engine sure could use an accusump.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/30/14 8:05 p.m.

Trimmed enough?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/30/14 8:14 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: This thread is now where you post the pictures instead of sending them to the email address. AND GO!
Reading comprehension is so overrated. Cool pics, though. Looking forward to seeing a reader's car in their ad. That's mighty nice of Canton.

Best part is I'm dyslexic and thought you were the OP because I didn't bother looking long enough.

blaze86vic
blaze86vic Reader
1/30/14 9:56 p.m.

I'm going to apologize first hand for picture hoaring it up here, but here goes anyways. I do have high res of all of these.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Dork
1/30/14 9:57 p.m.

....must....get....photos....of....Galant VR4....with...all...the...Cantons.

Long story short, parted out a race car built with just about everything Canton makes and it ended up on my friend's GVR4. Should get some decent pics, its at least 3-8x cooler than anything else posted so far.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
1/31/14 6:14 a.m.

CantonRacingProducts
1/31/14 7:30 a.m.
irish44j wrote: If you're interested in mine, let me know and I can get permissions from the various photographers and generally get high-res versions (some pro, some friends)....  photo PhotobyJeffreyAmman.jpg  photo DSCF7283.jpg  photo PhotobyJeffreyAmman3.jpg

Absolutely! How could we not love a little E30 Action!

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Reader
1/31/14 8:06 a.m.

Thanks to this thread I officially want a Crown Vic and a ZX2. I've turned into a Ford man overnight by purchasing a Focus.

Anymore specs/photos blaze?

EDIT: Saw your Garage. Love all your cars. My first summer job working for a land surveyor, he showed me the "car" I'd be driving. A 1986 Ford wagon like your "family truckster". Fell in love with that car. Bauce man bought it at auction for 400 bucks and it had ice cold a/c, comfy seats, and drove better than any caddy I've ever been in. In the summers when it was 100 degrees and working outside, that car was heaven to drive home in. The trans went out and the car went to the Kidney Foundation. I think he got his $400 worth.

CantonRacingProducts
1/31/14 8:18 a.m.
qdseeker wrote: I'll bite...... [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/quickdodge/media/rsz_dscn1765.jpg.html][/URL]

photo index_zpsd33e632b.jpg

CantonRacingProducts
1/31/14 8:19 a.m.
93gsxturbo wrote: ....must....get....photos....of....Galant VR4....with...all...the...Cantons. Long story short, parted out a race car built with just about everything Canton makes and it ended up on my friend's GVR4. Should get some decent pics, its at least 3-8x cooler than anything else posted so far.

mmmmm love me some VR4.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fb1AIb9Z8kRAIcuCuR3WFw2dDCnRedtU8EvJcLVgHIA8KGGl5QmBUj4lzYBvWez0