MrChaos
MrChaos UltraDork
8/17/21 7:22 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

whole lot of nothing

preach (fs)
preach (fs) HalfDork
8/17/21 7:22 p.m.

When the digital display rolled out did I see 88 miles left with about a 1/3 of a tank? 280 mile range?!?! I hope not.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/17/21 7:31 p.m.
preach (fs) said:

When the digital display rolled out did I see 88 miles left with about a 1/3 of a tank? 280 mile range?!?! I hope not.

Gotta keep the weight down.  You know 2 gallons of gas weighs 12.5 lbs...

8/17/21 7:32 p.m.

Was it me or did the 60+ year old dude dressed like he thinks he's a Kardashian kill the mood?

Oh and the typical 'vette owner jewelry...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/17/21 7:39 p.m.

Yay, manual transmission. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/17/21 7:44 p.m.

We're  cynical lot. I see a powerful sports car with clean, non-bloated lines inside and out. It's the first time that Nissan has gotten my attention in years.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
8/17/21 7:46 p.m.

I really like it and the pale yellow is really nice.  Would probably go for black or white metallic as they are more ME.  The performance numbers should be good if the kept thw weight to the promised mid 3500lb range.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
8/17/21 7:48 p.m.

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

I liked it a lot more than a BRZ

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
8/17/21 7:51 p.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

We're  cynical lot. I see a powerful sports car with clean, non-bloated lines inside and out. It's the first time that Nissan has gotten my attention in years.

Agree 

best Z since 90-95 zx. 

worlds better than brz/86

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/17/21 7:54 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

3.0-liter, twin-turbo V6 rated for 400 horsepower ad 350 lb.-ft. of torque mated to either a six-speed manual or nine-speed auto available.

Here's a few photos while I wait for the full kit to download:

That's not bad at all.  Did they say anything about the price?

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/17/21 7:55 p.m.

That interior is spectacular.

The exterior, outside of the roofline, doesn't do much for me, but you don't see that when you're driving. 

I'm here for Z car versus Supra shootout like it's 1994 all over again. 

8/17/21 7:58 p.m.

I saw 5 owners of previous generations excited to talk about their cars and an old dude dressed funny talking about a new car being the pinnacle of sports car design.  I only heard one useful fact about said automobile which is that it comes standard with a 6 speed manual transmission.  No specs, no price, and available sometime next spring. And visually it looks like a mild update of a meh car with some extra gaudy stuff like the exhaust tips.  Call me cynical if you want.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/17/21 7:59 p.m.

I'm also very curious what the next generation skyline is going to be like if the Z has a twin turbo V6 making 400 horsepower. 

Will the skyline be staying V6 twin turbo or the skyline be going hybrid? 

(As I'm mentioning unrelated models within the manufacturer's family, dear Renault, but the 400hp twin turbo V6 in the hatch of a Clio.) 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/17/21 8:03 p.m.
secretariata (Forum Supporter) said:

I saw 5 owners of previous generations excited to talk about their cars and an old dude dressed funny talking about a new car being the pinnacle of sports car design.  I only heard one useful fact about said automobile which is that it comes standard with a 6 speed manual transmission.  No specs, no price, and available sometime next spring. And visually it looks like a mild update of a meh car with some extra gaudy stuff like the exhaust tips.  Call me cynical if you want.

Well they did say 400 hp 350 lb-ft tq.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/17/21 8:04 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Cynical! You're a cynic! There, I said it.

Par for the course for most intros. I didn't bother to watch any more than I'd watch a state-of-the-union address, network news or an infomercial. That said, my points stand. It's powerful and nicely styled from a company who hasn't penned anything pretty in years. That's a great start.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
8/17/21 8:07 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm here for Z car versus Supra shootout like it's 1994 all over again. 

Most of us true jdm heads would love a proper 1994 mk5 supra .... not the austrian built garbage bmw powered posuer POS 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

Same, I'm very interested. I had a Z31 in high school and college, and 350Z in 2010.

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader

Okay, the videos and photos are intriguing, but will have to wait and see one in the flesh. Kind of like the latest Mustang, didn't interest me in photos, but really looks much better in person.

I still see a bit more 350/370 than I care to, but again, I'll wait until in person viewing to pass final judgement.  Wife says she still likes our Z32 TT better, who am I to argue ?

8/17/21 8:08 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

Apparently my ears glazed over & I missed that part. laugh

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/17/21 8:10 p.m.

It's a pretty car. Pretty cars are few and far between these days. I like it a lot, and I have never owned a Nissan. 

8/17/21 8:11 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Cynical! You're a cynic! There, I said it.

Par for the course for most intros.

I agree on both counts. I probably should have done something more productive instead of watching.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UltraDork
8/17/21 8:25 p.m.

Well, the good thing is assuming it's the same motor as in the Infiniti red lines then 500HP is not that far away. I think it's very conservative design and if not in the bright colors then it would be looked over in a parking lot. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
8/17/21 8:31 p.m.

Just want to point out that torque should always be higher than horsepower but I'm an old fart traditionalist.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture UltimaDork
8/17/21 8:32 p.m.
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/17/21 8:40 p.m.
Stampie said:

Just want to point out that torque should always be higher than horsepower but I'm an old fart traditionalist.

It makes that torque from 1,600-5600 as well.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uybcHE4e9I1Jovv30UUESwVSAt7dUtUyoEEbiEzDup2XJ751u5JuBcxMVlP3yFEI