mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
8/18/21 9:21 a.m.

Probably 3300-3400 lbs

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/18/21 9:43 a.m.
golfduke said:

Just placed an enquiry into my dealet buddy and he got the reply 'preorders start 11/1'.  Some interesting colorways I was told too... but no elaboration beyond that :/

I'm definitely preordering as soon as I can.  

Colorways? If you meant color options, they are all listed in the C&D article. 

And Nissan's twitter account has said it won't be available for preorder. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/18/21 9:44 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Probably 3300-3400 lbs

Please take note of my prediction on the first page. 

3400lbs, 400hp, $40k.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/18/21 9:54 a.m.

In reply to Advan046 :

As someone with an affinity for vintage Italian cars as well as Lotus, I sometime swish that I were 5 foot 2 inches! 

jmc14
jmc14 HalfDork
8/18/21 10:21 a.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Advan046 :

As someone with an affinity for vintage Italian cars as well as Lotus, I sometime swish that I were 5 foot 2 inches! 

Me too! 

asphalt_gundam
asphalt_gundam Reader
8/18/21 10:22 a.m.

Power and handling will be good IMO. The interior.....Are those real buttons and knobs???? YES! and not an excessively big infotainment screen. Manual yes. If its Non active suspension and I'll like it even more. Less computers the better IMO

I'm not a new car fan (everything I own is older than 07) but this Z has my interest. Like might actually buy one interest. If this render comes out as a body kit that would seal the deal for me.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
8/18/21 11:14 a.m.
z31maniac said:
mr2s2000elise said:

Probably 3300-3400 lbs

3400lbs, 400hp, $40k.

Yup. You usually nail it.

Much respect as always brother! Especially as I share your distaste for yard art, lowering property value type "projects." Hope all is well my friend smileyyes

wspohn
wspohn SuperDork
8/18/21 11:16 a.m.

Afraid that, having produced a one shot wonder stylistically in the original 240Z, every subsequent iteration including this one has been a swing and a miss for me.

This thing is frankly fugly. I know that with current safety rules you can't make cars with Ferrari GTO snouts any more, but cars like the original NSX, and the Supra Mk 4, and even some of the better looking Skylines beat this thing all to death in the looks department.  Even the original 300 ZX looked better than this.

I appreciate what others are saying about weight, but I also sympathize with the designers who have to somehow get all the safety stuff into the cars as well as trying to keep them as light as they can.  We'll see what the eventual weight is, but the constantly increasing power outputs are needed just to try and stay even with the previous models,

I find it really sad that a car that started out as stunningly attractive as the 240Z turned into what we have today.  You can say that this is what the majority of buyers want and maybe you'd be right, but I guess I am just not in the majority.

I'll say one thing about the weight thing - the specs we are seeing on modern cars weights, even on smaller sports models (Mazda excepted as they have done a great job keeping the MX-5 pretty light) makes me feel better about my 71 Jensen Interceptor, which weighed a pound under the two ton mark.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/13/22 10:54 p.m.

Anybody seen the proto spec z limited to apparently 240 units in Japan? Front bumper splitter breaks up the open mouth. It's looking pretty shaped up to me.

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/fairlady-z-customized-proto-revealed-at-tokyo-auto-salon-limited-240-units.756/

bgkast
bgkast PowerDork
1/13/22 11:08 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

That makes the look!

1/13/22 11:11 p.m.
bgkast said:

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

That makes the look!

Yep I agree. If Nissan starts equipping them with at least that front bumper lots of folks would love it. If they don't, they will sell like hotcakes in the aftermarket.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/14/22 8:58 a.m.

I actually don't care for that front bumper. I just want options, and what will be standard on each trim level and prices released so I can determine if I want to get in line for one. The lack of info after the August reveal is getting annoying. 

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
1/14/22 9:06 a.m.

I saw the blue show car at the LA auto show last fall and think it looks pretty fantastic in person. 3,400 lbs, 400hp and 6-speed sounds great!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/14/22 9:10 a.m.

There are also rumors now that the Supra is going to get a manual transmission for MY23 and may also get the 501 hp S motor as opposed to the 382 hp B58 engine. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
1/14/22 9:42 a.m.

New Z for GT500 in Japan

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/14/22 11:30 a.m.

Looks good, but it's too rich for my blood (a used 86 was plenty expensive enough TYVM) and it's beyond my preferred weight class. It's very much like a modernized 300ZX and the taillight panel is clearly a tribute to that model.

z31maniac said:

There are also rumors now that the Supra is going to get a manual transmission for MY23 and may also get the 501 hp S motor as opposed to the 382 hp B58 engine. 

Even more too rich for my blood, but I would want that a lot more!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/14/22 11:40 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Looks like the Supra rumor dates back to 2018 for a higher-trim level, so I doubt it at this point. 

Either way, I'll be saving my shekels until I decide what to buy this fall. 

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/14/22 11:46 a.m.

The new Z looks great, really like the front treatment on the orange car above. Can I get a 30 year payment plan?

1/14/22 11:47 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Looks good, but it's too rich for my blood (a used 86 was plenty expensive enough TYVM) and it's beyond my preferred weight class. It's very much like a modernized 300ZX and the taillight panel is clearly a tribute to that model.

z31maniac said:

Even more too rich for my blood, but I would want that a lot more!

It has tributes to pretty much every Z model all throughout not just 300zx. Heavy 240 influence as well. I agree it's going to be very expensive but you get a lot more with something like this (twin turbo 400hp stock) than an 86 so it's never going to be comparable. If a Z is too heavy for you, a Supra probably is too as I think they are within a couple hundred pounds of each other. I can't think of anything that makes decent power being less than 2500 lbs that doesn't have 2 wheels.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/14/22 12:55 p.m.
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/14/22 1:05 p.m.

So that price converts to $61kUSD, in Japan, before any possible dealer markup surprise

(Mind you that's for the Proto Spec which is a limited edition model with special paint, the factory price for regular models will be less)

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/27/22 10:17 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
z31maniac said:
mr2s2000elise said:

Probably 3300-3400 lbs

3400lbs, 400hp, $40k.

Yup. You usually nail it.

Much respect as always brother! Especially as I share your distaste for yard art, lowering property value type "projects." Hope all is well my friend smileyyes

It appears for the Sport model, I was off by 85 lbs. I expect the Performance trim with leather and BOSE and a few other things to add in the 40-50 lb range. 

https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/threads/2023-nissan-z-vehicle-price-ordering-guide-leaked-first-look.805/

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/27/22 11:57 a.m.
mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
1/27/22 12:08 p.m.

So 3536lbs. I wonder if that ready to run with coolant and tires and oil and a battery, or if they are playing games with the weights?

calteg
calteg Dork
1/27/22 12:42 p.m.

The new body Mustang GT comes out in 2024, I'd be curious to see how the two stack up. I suspect weight will be pretty close, and there's a lot of speculation that it will have 500+hp

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jJJy2x2u4fdq6YBD9gXlbii9zwLTcSmG7ahDXXebVpa9iZj1DSKuyRbSmfJDD1Ry