1 2
jfaz
jfaz New Reader
4/17/24 4:56 p.m.

An event map and the course route was posted to their site:  https://westvirginiahillfest.com/event-info/

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
4/19/24 11:27 a.m.

No solid answer yet, but here's my latest communication about passengers 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
4/19/24 11:36 a.m.
wake74 said:

Anyone venture a guess as to how many trips up the course you would get per day?

Aaron says 2-3 runs up the hill per day.   I've never done a hillclimb, but that doesn't seem like a lot.   Hopefully there would be different sessions for different classes, so a driver (and his wife, lol) aren't sitting in the car/staging all day waiting to go up or down the hill.   Being able to do some non-racing exploring/activities is a big draw for me to this event.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
4/19/24 3:11 p.m.

I texted Andy this morning to get the enabling I was looking for. Really leaning towards entering my truck for the event. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/9/24 1:15 p.m.

What have I just done to myself?

Just signed up for this as my first hillclimb, now all I need is to get one of the cars ready for it.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
5/24/24 9:07 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I have signed up as well!  Also my first hillclimb.   And my old reliable e36 is giving me some issues.  Plenty of time to get it resolved (I hope), or I'll be going up the hill in a rental car!

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
5/24/24 9:21 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I hate to admit it, but I think the only way I could have a car ready for any event is to first register for the event.

I wouldn't say I thrive under pressure, but it certainly helps to have a deadline in sight.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/24/24 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Colin Wood :

Same here. Recently I haven't been able to motivate myself to get prep done on cars otherwise. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qgQOOrxyKjIFTcnINFfrhR8PAly9ZbLZbquoNV2Ms1t1axtcbbvLT7CGXCE1hGMF