1 2 3 4 5
mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/3/14 7:34 p.m.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mndsm/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-09/IMG_20140903_184755_zps1pnl0f6x.jpg.html][/URL]

Here's my 3 year olds rendering.....

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mndsm/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-09/IMG_20140903_192831_zps7tigt2l1.jpg.html][/URL]

And here's another try of mine. I didnt color it this time.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
9/3/14 7:36 p.m.

It would be a funny joke if they turned the lights on and pulled the cover off the car and a 1994 Capri was underneath.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
9/3/14 7:40 p.m.

It would be funnier if they pulled the cover off a car with a real roof and said the convertible was coming in a year.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
9/3/14 7:44 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: It would be funnier if they pulled the cover off a car with a real roof and said the convertible was coming in a year.

That's the only way I'd ever buy a Miata, personally. I want a fastback.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
9/3/14 7:45 p.m.

The crowd looks restless just standing there. I think someone needs to streak the stage and pull the cover off. Jalopnik cover stories for a week for that guy!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
9/3/14 7:48 p.m.
irish44j wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: It would be funnier if they pulled the cover off a car with a real roof and said the convertible was coming in a year.

If they make a coupe I'll get one eventually. If they make a shooting brake I'll set up a tent at the Mazda dealer and sleep with my head on a pile of cash until they let me have one.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
9/3/14 7:48 p.m.

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!

Here's some garbage sketches I just pulled out of my rear.

I see the corporate grille, curvy body lines, LED's up front, and 18" versions of the original Miata alloys.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
9/3/14 7:49 p.m.

The Youtube comments are a blurr.

Can't believe I'm watching this...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
9/3/14 7:52 p.m.

Are those all auto journalist type people milling around?

stanger_missle
stanger_missle HalfDork
9/3/14 7:53 p.m.

Luckily, the comments timed out. I hate Youtube commenters

kreb
kreb SuperDork
9/3/14 7:57 p.m.

Mazda should fire its PR staff. 30,000 people were on the You-tube channel when the feed started. After 45 seconds of disco inferno it was down to 12K. Here's how you do it: Run one big Mazda motorsports highlight reel with occasional T and A thrown in. Then you do a 5-minute fade-over as the new Miata emerges literally from the race cars and beautiful people. Instead they give us happy hour at the local steakhouse/karaoke bar.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
9/3/14 7:57 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
irish44j wrote:
If they make a coupe I'll get one eventually. If they make a shooting brake I'll set up a tent at the Mazda dealer and sleep with my head on a pile of cash until they let me have one.

I'm guessing that that big "long live the roadster" sign over the stage is going to leave both of us disappointed

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
9/3/14 8:00 p.m.
irish44j wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
irish44j wrote:
I'm guessing that that big "long live the roadster" sign over the stage is going to leave both of us disappointed

I'm a dreamer. Dreaming is what I do. Even when there is evidence that my dreaming is idiotic, I still keep dreaming.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
9/3/14 8:02 p.m.

WOoohooo! IT's ON!!!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/3/14 8:05 p.m.

Is it over yet or is what I can learn in 20 seconds tomorrow still dragging out?

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
9/3/14 8:07 p.m.

Well those who want a spoiler go to jalop website

Tom Suddard
9/3/14 8:07 p.m.

Still dragging out, but just give in and enjoy it.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
9/3/14 8:08 p.m.

OMG IT'S RIGHT HAND DRIVE!!!!!! EPIC CHANGE!

Tom Suddard
9/3/14 8:10 p.m.

I think I'm in love. Thoughts?

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork

Over all, I like it.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork

best rear end of any Miata, by far. Reminds me of the new Jag a bit. Finally not a girly butt.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
9/3/14 8:11 p.m.

Trying to understand the proportions... The guy standing appears to be a giant; the driver and wheel arches makes the car look huge.

Tom Suddard
9/3/14 8:11 p.m.

Hmmm, interesting Duran Duran connection...

Tom Suddard
9/3/14 8:12 p.m.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
9/3/14 8:12 p.m.

More car details plz

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rm3sCHOSaX2TPF1VjPfd4aVzyFyycTYwpT2hdzhhXsIfeVboyP4l1LUSvKaIzKXR