shifty
shifty New Reader
2/17/12 6:28 p.m.

I used to auto-x my Miata in the Bay Area about 10 years ago. Pretty easy to figure out what class a stock Miata belongs in.

The new SCCA Solo 2 season starts in March here in Portland, and I'd like some help figuring out the correct class - I'm not concerned with being competitive, I just want to show up for the appropriate run group.

Best I can figure is "Prepared Class D (DP)"

The car is a 1967.5 Datsun 1600 Roadster with the following mods:

H20 engine swap (essentially a stroker R16) 40mm Mikuni-Solex carbs with velocity stacks Pertronics and Jacobs ignition Car is lowered about 1" with comp springs Nissan comp anti-roll bar Volvo 240 series calipers Nissan Altima vented rotors Enkei Compe wheels Front bumper removed Lawn edging air dam

Toyman01
Toyman01 SuperDork
2/17/12 6:57 p.m.

I have no clue, but I would love to see pictures of the car. Sounds cool.

shifty
shifty New Reader
2/17/12 9:00 p.m.

That I can do!

http://www.shiftco.com/datsun/scraps-in-the-mist/

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
2/18/12 8:32 a.m.

Come to the PCA events instead and run in "Non Porsche". We have race tire or street tire classes. There's already three vintage Datsuns that run with us all season long.

jeffp
jeffp New Reader
2/18/12 12:03 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Come to the PCA events instead and run in "Non Porsche". We have race tire or street tire classes. There's already three vintage Datsuns that run with us all season long.

Yes! Go to the PCA events...what's more fun than beating a fancy Porsche in a classic Datsun? j/k....the Porsche events are fun, lots of runs, but do the Oregon SCCA events too! See you at PIR!

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
2/18/12 3:12 p.m.

First things first, LOVE the car. We've got a fairly similar Datsun that runs with us locally. If my recollection is correct, it scored out in CSP, but our classing is relatively "loose". You might also look for a club that has a "vintage" class. Those guys always seem to be having the most fun.

Toyman01
Toyman01 SuperDork
2/18/12 6:18 p.m.

In reply to shifty:

Nice! That's some beautiful machinery there.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JpQDuI3QzQFdPLLaLqjHzZZdk1wc9aiWe6jd2u66WwlWlzdaN1V6vySQKR6y3R5F