BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
7/6/19 4:15 p.m.

MiataGuy1991
MiataGuy1991 New Reader
7/9/19 5:24 a.m.
Knurled. said:
maschinenbau said:

3/4 or 1 ton dually crew cab Dad Edition with all the leather niceties. That just simply doesn't exist in other countries.

The dream vehicle of the typical timid American who is afraid of thw world and needs 8000lb of steel to protect them from the scariness outside, while still projecting an image of being a tough individual, despite that image being mass-marketed to them.

GROW A PAIR, SCRAP YOUR TRUCK.

What a real tough American looks like:

Driving a four wheeled motorcycle in the winter with no top and no farks given to the plebes in their cocoonmobiles ready to kill him with their utter indifference to the world around them.  That's berking bravery and can-do and I salute him.

LOVE IT!!! You're description makes it. I had to in interrupt the wife's show to read it to her, before I showed her the picture. Good stuff!! This is my 91 Miata. (The wife named it)

Mainly because I haven't seen it yet, my contribution:

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
7/9/19 8:14 a.m.

The Smart car and Fiat 500 were designed for the tight spaces of old European cities. Prestige German cars were designed for use on the Autobahn, and diesel versions were designed to offset higher fuel prices. Utes were designed for the needs of the Outback farmers of Australia. Japanese cars were products of post-war shortages and the need for efficient transportation in crowded urban areas. So when I think about a truly American car, I think: 

1. Size is not an object, we have plenty of room and resources and big families
  2. Fuel is not a concern, it's cheap here and we can invade countries to get more
  3. Vanity is important, austerity is not
  4. If you can add in things we don't need but might use once, all the better

So that makes full-sized SUVs  the most American cars in my opinion. 4WD, 15,000 pound towing capacity, and room for 9 so that a 120-pound mom can take her daughter to soccer in Texas. 'Merica.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
7/15/19 7:39 a.m.

I’m changing my vote.  Is there anything more American than getting in a rocket, flying to the moon, and bringing a car with you to cruise around. Then when we were done we just left it there, likely not in a legal parking space.  

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
7/15/19 7:55 a.m.

How long has the best-selling car in America been a truck?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g27041933/best-selling-cars-2019/

Pickup trucks is the answer you're looking for.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Dnj8z3KVsFckh0q9lbChGu4cG8EK1oKygHXkmXgYrXBPEDvo1E4nlifVJRKIDKEB