BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 HalfDork
4/13/15 8:08 p.m.

The driver window on the BMW had popped out of track so I put it back and adjusted the mechanism so it (hopefully) won't happen again.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
4/13/15 8:39 p.m.

Pulled it up out of the barn and up to the house to start in on it again. Fits in the garage without the rear bumper too....

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/14/15 6:54 a.m.

Wrestled with Mini doors and the hood. The good news is this is the last thing you do when assembling a car.

kb58
kb58 Dork
4/14/15 9:39 a.m.

Finally got all the variables on the AIM flat dash scaled properly. TIP: Just because a flat dash advertises a CAN interface doesn't mean that it's a one-connection plug-and-play solution. You still have to run wires from the sensors to the dash. That aside, the AIM MXS is sure purdy.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Reader
4/15/15 7:10 a.m.

Modified my equalizer bar to fit the 351, ran front brake lines.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild HalfDork
4/15/15 8:23 a.m.

Finished slicing in a secondary trans fluid cooler on the durango. Tried to put a new accessory belt on that was listed for non ac applications but it is about an inch and a half short. Apparently there is another difference in the accessory mounts that doesn't show up in the schematic. So I reinstalled the compressor so I could use the original belt while I figure out what belt to buy

Speaking of. Does anyone know a site you can search by belt width and length instead of intended application?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
4/15/15 8:24 a.m.

Im working with the body guy to finish wet sanding and buffing the truck.

chiodos
chiodos Reader
4/15/15 10:49 a.m.
itsarebuild wrote: Speaking of. Does anyone know a site you can search by belt width and length instead of intended application?

the part number tells what size it is, makes finding belts in the back of parts stores way easier. Google it to know what the numbers mean

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Reader
4/15/15 10:54 a.m.

In reply to itsarebuild:

Find a smart parts guy and they should be able to. Napa and carquests usually have at least one guy that has the brains and cares enough to do that kind of stuff.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild HalfDork
4/15/15 2:39 p.m.

Thanks chiodos and gearheadmb:

XLR99
XLR99 Reader
4/15/15 2:54 p.m.

I finally started to do a bit of work on my Saab shaped object today. Did a bit of engine bay cleaning, hosed down the floor to clean up the massive amount of ATF that had leaked out over the winter, mostly missing the drain pan.

Opti
Opti Reader
4/15/15 3:12 p.m.
chiodos wrote:
itsarebuild wrote: Speaking of. Does anyone know a site you can search by belt width and length instead of intended application?
the part number tells what size it is, makes finding belts in the back of parts stores way easier. Google it to know what the numbers mean

Depends on the brand. The normal info contained in the part number and a measurement in inches.

5xx465 would be 5 ridges 46.5 inches and sometimes they are backwards like 465xx5

dayco has some extra numbers in them like 5060465 but just pick one up and it's real easy to figure out

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
4/15/15 4:30 p.m.

I pressure-washed and took a wire wheel to my Super Stock IIIs. All they need now is some Evapo-rust, and paint!

java230
java230 New Reader
4/15/15 4:49 p.m.

Made my swaybar endlinks longer.

20150403_094914

20150403_102450

Yes I welded around the ends too, just didn't take a pics...

dropstep
dropstep Reader
4/15/15 8:37 p.m.

drove it around. picked up some 85w140 gear oil and yet another bottle of friction modifier.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/15/15 8:47 p.m.

I washed two cars and two sets of snow tires, then moved the tires to the barn, from which I removed yet another set of (summer) tires that I swapped onto the truck. Then I moved the truck's snow tires back out to the barn. Now my back hurts.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/17/15 3:04 p.m.

I hit mine with hammers.

photo Miata 004_zpso0w7ty5y.jpg

photo Miata 001_zps039t0tyh.jpg

photo Miata 009_zpsxpvk87gq.jpg

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
4/17/15 3:07 p.m.

I pressure-washed my Super Stock IIIs, in prep for being hit a second time with the wire wheel.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
4/17/15 3:23 p.m.

Adjusted the front derailleur on my new to me bike.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/17/15 3:37 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man:

Brush some Naval Jelly onto those wheels and rinse the rust off with water. Just try to keep it off the tires.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
4/17/15 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

Would this work?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
4/17/15 3:53 p.m.

Lets see, landscaping project: cut hedges and trimmed trees. More to do yet.

Garage project: dound my woodwoeking tools by cleaning up and out. Measured for materials.

Duster: hacked enough of the fragged wiring harness to make it run to back out of garage so I can clean. Consolodated parts in trunk.

Drivabeater: consolodated all the spares. Split loom front light harness. Drove for fun car Friday.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/17/15 3:55 p.m.

Went to get a sticker on the H2 on the way to the station the dam thing tossed a code. Went home read codes and hunted down a MAF problem. Turned out a bunch of feathers got around the filter and partially blocked it. Cleaned it all out and replaced the filter and cleaned the MAF and then cleared the codes and it seems to be all better now. Going for a drive tonight so I can get a sticker tomorow morning.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/17/15 4:38 p.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: In reply to Woody: Would this work?

That's probably the same stuff. Read the back of the bottle. Naval Jelly is phosphoric acid. Make sure you wear rubber gloves and glasses.

http://dominionsureseal.com/media/djcatalog/BROG%20%20Gel%20Rust%20Remover.pdf

scottdownsouth
scottdownsouth Reader
4/17/15 5:34 p.m.

Went outside and looked at my project. Told myself I deserve to be nut kicked for not working on it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LHiOWcHfPIpSjoNxdfrl39NUqSZB6cCQ54HVHgblTr799Qib4WtHBTKbfhpEYfwC