M030
M030 Dork
5/10/15 11:24 a.m.

In reply to Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado:

I've had that idea. Would probably work for Tiptronic Porsches, too. Think it could really work?

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
5/11/15 12:31 p.m.

Changed the waterpump on my sisters C230k. Stalled since I broke one of the bolts that couldn't be sourced locally on a Sunday (online torque specs are a lie)

Swapped in a new ECTS on my buddy's S10 so it can hopefully pass smog and stop sitting.

Figured out why the built in grill in my backyard stopped working.

Burrito
Burrito HalfDork
5/11/15 10:31 p.m.
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado wrote: Yesterday: Today:

All back together and working like a charm! About $325 all in (including a few tools and ten quarts of ATF).

Woody
Woody MegaDork
5/16/15 8:01 p.m.

I changed the spark plugs in the DD Tacoma. It wasn't hard but it was more of a PITA than I had expected.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
5/16/15 8:09 p.m.

Got my Trans Am running for the first time in a year! Only issue is that it's making a noise out of the driver's side that's either valvetrain noise or an exhaust leak. But hey, I'll take the victories where I can!

nocones
nocones SuperDork
5/16/15 8:09 p.m.

Replaced the intake manifold gaskets on the 4.3l in the Willy's. Added a fan switch. It worked and stays cool now. May still need to add venting in the fenders though still hotter than it should be.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
5/16/15 8:45 p.m.

Opened Garage Door

Looked at Car

Checked Bank Account

Closed Garage Door

TargaToy
TargaToy New Reader
5/16/15 8:58 p.m.

72 off-balance, neck straining, spot welds. Installed the passenger side portion of the Engman chassis stiffening kit in my 914. Too tired to upload the photo.

nocones
nocones SuperDork
5/16/15 9:58 p.m.
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado wrote: Yesterday:

He he you flick the car off it calls you an A55.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
5/17/15 7:14 a.m.

One of my long term projects finished up yesterday. It's taken 24 years and an unbelievable amount of money to get it complete, but it's done. I am a proud papa!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
5/17/15 9:42 a.m.

Congrats, toyman.

Ive been driving mine daily this week. Time to finish the ac install.

dropstep
dropstep Reader
5/17/15 1:13 p.m.

started test fitting random sized tires that i have around to see what i can fit under the rear with stock offset and still be able to haul friends. trying to track down a 245/60/14 to test fit has been a pain but i think i can clear it ok.

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
5/17/15 1:37 p.m.
dropstep wrote: started test fitting random sized tires that i have around to see what i can fit under the rear with stock offset and still be able to haul friends. trying to track down a 245/60/14 to test fit has been a pain but i think i can clear it ok.

have a certain aussie drag whatever you're test fitting out here and we can pop one of the 245/60/14's off the chevelle and test it.

i sold one project to make room for another, and going to hopefully drop some stuff off to make more room in the garage. getting the garage ready to put the 2 cars in that need the biggest help.

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
5/17/15 2:43 p.m.

Today, I looked at the rx7 for awhile, then sprayed a couple miscellaneous parts with rust-converter. Then, I looked at the rx7 for awhile.

Finally, I opened a beer. Then I removed the tail-light housings off of the turbo Miata and gave them to a friend to use on his MUCH-cooler-than-mine Miata.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UberDork
5/18/15 9:52 a.m.

After starting on the Friday before Mothers Day I finally got my DD back together Sunday afternoon. In that time I replaced every AC part except for the hoses, both motor mounts, both anti roll bar endlinks, new parking brake cable, new rear brakes to include the parking brake stuff (stupid drums, though I did find a fairly easy way to install the springs that hold the shoes in), new radiator hoses, cabin air filter and replaced all six front sub frame bushings.

It took way longer and many more trips to the JY than I thought it would and I hurt all over but it drives and shifts so much better now.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
5/18/15 11:21 a.m.

Bolt came in so I finished the C230k water pump, still tripping the check coolant light but the level is holding steady and the car isn't overheating or dumping coolant anymore.

Got insurance and a temporary moving permit for the MX6. Drove it around to shake it down before the smog test, the fans aren't coming on when they should and it's wanting to overheat. Fan controller will be ordered this week. Back tire lost air overnight, going to have to address that too. So close...

Painted a rising sun motif on the underside of the Integra's hood. Came out pretty nice.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/18/15 11:37 a.m.

Had to fabricate a P-clamp because none were available locally. Between me and my mechanic, we covered every hardware, hydraulic and electrical shop. Pics in the build thread coming soon.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/18/15 12:05 p.m.

Today I did the final sand on the bottom of my sailplane, something delaminated.

Spray white gel tomorrow.

(Yes, a weight & balance will be performed)

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
5/18/15 2:08 p.m.

I did a knee replacement on my boat.

http://seasprite23flirt.com/

devina
devina Reader
5/18/15 9:24 p.m.

Changed the oil in the DD, checked out what I thought was a sticking rear brake caliper- seems fine for some reason and then pulled the wheels of the race car to get the new tires installed...

Woody
Woody MegaDork
5/18/15 9:31 p.m.

I took a pair of rusty Schwinn Sting-Ray rims and made them pretty in half an hour with a little Naval Jelly and a piece of steel wool. That stuff is amazing.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
5/19/15 8:28 a.m.

Put 100 miles on the x type yesterday. No issues so far. Making a list if little things for this comming weekend.

M030
M030 Dork
6/18/15 6:03 p.m.

Today, I deleted the asc-t on my BMW 323iS

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
6/18/15 6:21 p.m.

I renewed my confidence in my project. Does that count?

dropstep
dropstep Reader
6/18/15 6:45 p.m.

drove it home after work while dodging more flood waters. Have some work to do on an s10 blazer before i get back to my project. i keep making plans and the world keeps laughing!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DenF11GjjQJffEemOydRzGQnpqROljTlg4I6smRE0rrZ4uvlfQCX3QJt18WLBHNv