42 43 44
chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
6/18/15 7:07 p.m.
dropstep wrote: drove it home after work while dodging more flood waters. Have some work to do on an s10 blazer before i get back to my project. i keep making plans and the world keeps laughing!

You guys got hammered with rain, we didn't flood as bad as normal.

I final assembled some Volk GR-C, have to find a center coin and two assembly bolts that got lost during powdercoat; doh!

photo 1434672312_zpsd621a1bc.jpg

M030
M030 Dork
7/12/15 8:59 p.m.

Put 200 hard-drivin' high-speed miles on the old girl today

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
7/12/15 9:31 p.m.

I was going to put a battery into the Alfa 164 today and see if I can get it running again after 8 months of slumber, only to find a small paper wasp nest hanging on the inside trunk lid. The 164 has a rear-mounted battery. The wasps were crawling in through a gap between the taillight and the trunk lid. I was able to nuke the nest and most of the wasps with foaming wasp killer, which of course got all over the trunk lid and the interior of the trunk.

dropstep
dropstep Reader
7/12/15 10:26 p.m.

watched it rain on it.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
7/13/15 7:13 a.m.

Welded the downpipe on my e 30 track car back together. Pipe broke at the flange during a four off at turn five of road Atlanta last December. Unfortunately it has taken me this long to find the time to fix it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
7/13/15 7:24 a.m.

Dropping the elky off for more ac work.

And over the weekend demolished my deck and laid 400 square feet of tile in my garage.

kb58
kb58 Dork
7/13/15 8:29 a.m.

Cut off the wastegate tubes in preparation for upgraded to a water-cooled V-band mounted wastegate. Fit-up take ages, with final welding being the desert.

06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
7/13/15 8:32 a.m.

Haven't posted for awhile on this topic so got some catch-up to do. 91 Infiniti G20: Re-installed engine/transaxle after new head and bottom end refresh (new rod bearings, mains were fine), diagnosed 1st no-start issue as a broken wire in the harness that activates the starter solenoid. Bonus, "fixing" it for now lets me bypass the anti-theft and starter inhibitor relays (It a bonus until somebody steals it). 2nd No-start issue, dead fuel pump. Waiting on replacement from Rock auto ($40 OTD FTW). Removed stock front shocks and rear struts for replacement (KYB GR2's with TEIN springs) Once it runs I can reinstall the interior (2002 Infiniti G20 seats, dyed OEM carpet) and put in a new LF window regulator assembly and RF window motor, so far my "free" car has only cost me about $600.00

Powar
Powar SuperDork
7/13/15 8:40 a.m.

I delivered the '84 900T to its new home with one of my best friends, then brought home my '93 900 Commemorative Edition that had been sitting in his garage. Getting rid of E36 M3 is nice.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/13/15 10:15 a.m.

Replaced the shredded blower belt on the Manic Miata, and tried to align the idler pulley a little better so it doesn't shred again.

Tips and advice would be appreciated. It's better, but still not where I'd like it to be.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
7/13/15 1:10 p.m.

Cleaned the dash and painted some trim on the MX6, then took apart the upper trim and removed headliner, reinforced damaged areas, will finish and maybe cover in some ridiculous fabric tonight. Looked at the TurboXS BOV I had removed for smog, was going to reinstall it but I'm just scratching my head at how it was installed originally.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
7/15/19 8:27 p.m.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
12/22/19 10:32 a.m.

Pulled parts off the shot engine, Replaced the supercharger belt, and cleaned up the interior of the new project.

42 43 44

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
efE7cnktl8xwW61iJpuZwqjPtMWJ584mXdWCmIVl2eP6Ac9raFXWarqYY2npz4L8